South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default family reunion cookout type thing

Ok, my mother has said that I can prepare a SB friendly cookout for our family reunion. But she said she wasn't taking any of the blame from the rest of the family when they are totally unhappy with the lack of junk food. (Gee thanks, Mom)

What are the items that have passed the "non-south beachers" test? Items that you've prepared that are completely SB friendly and non-weight watching people have said, "Wow, you're eating this on your diet?" or something similiar.

I'm thinking of meat and vegetable kababs, good hamburgers/cheeseburgers, 3 bean salad, lettuce salad, veggie trays with sb style dip type thing. I'll add things as I think of them.

Anyone have a really good hamburger recipe? I've not eaten many hamburgers recently and the last one I ate didn't taste that good, just a big hunk of meat on a bun, it was the condiments that made it good.

The bean brownie recipe-anyone try that one? I've heard mixed reviews, some love it and others think it's disgusting.

Replace the fried chips with??? toasted whole wheat pita chips maybe?

Thanks for any help

Sarah
Old 08-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

How about deviled eggs, nuts, cheese tray, dill pickles, thats all I can think of at the moment. Not sure about the brownie recipie never tried it. But you could always make a dessert that you don't care for.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:13 PM   #3  

A fruit salad or a fruit tray would be good. Do you have a recipe for a sf jello mold? I love toasted pita chips. You might could use rf triscuits.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #4  

Default Here is a recipe I used on WW

1 box (0.3 oz) sf lime gelatin
1/4 C boiling water
2 containers (8 oz each) key-lime pie flavor lt. yogurt
1 container (8oz) ff whipped topping, thawed
1 prepared 9" rf graham cracker pie crust

In a lrg. bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. With wire whisk stir in yogurt; with wooden spoon, fold in whipped topping.

Transfer mixture to prepared pie crust; refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hrs.

Maybe you could omit the pie crust and make a jello mold or make a pie crust using nuts.

I've used different flavors of jello and yogurt. Made a strawberry pie and a lemon pie.
Closed Thread