Old 08-20-2004, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone taken 5HTP?

I've been taking it for about 2 weeks, and life has been good! It helps on many levels, and possibly a placebo level as well. But!! I am bruising like CRAZY! I ran into a bar at work last week, and I have the HUGEST bruise that won't go away ( I often run into bars, but don't usually bruise this much). Also today I was moving a heavy box and it landed sort of on my leg, and I have a line bruise from where it hit, normally I could beat myself up daily and get 1 maybe 2 bruises, this just seems insane! I tried to find something online about it.. but nothing.. so.. anyone heard anything about it??
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:27 AM   #2  

Holy crappers !! These pills are actually pretty scary.. I thought I'd pass the link along, because the info is pretty interesting/scary! (so much for my seemly great "magic " pill!)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45452
Old 08-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Swim,
I read that thread and you indicated that you were also taking other medication. It is never a good idea to take over the counter medication when you are also taking prescription medication without talking to your doctor first. Also, there is no "miracle pill", a lot of weight loss pills are downright dangerous or contain ingredients that haven't proven to be effective. With "mood modifiers", they usually react poorly with any prescription anti-depressants that you are taking.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #4  
i see the stars in me

be veryc areful sweetie. i kn ow from experience weigh loss pills usually make mood stabilizers and anti depressants or any otherr form of prescription drug less likely to work or work properly. it reacts with them and decides it wants all the attention lol. figures for s weight loss pill right? :P
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #5  

I wasn't using the pills for weight loss, I started using it for two reasons, it helped with my anxiety problems, and also helped with my sugar cravings. And the only pill I was taking at the same time as it was my birth control pills, I found a few years ago I just can't take most antidepressants. I've only tried like 4-5 though, first they make me nauseaous, and then they make me super tired, to the point where I was sleeping 12-16 hours a day, and the hours I was awake I was pretty much useless. I had to quit my job, and move back home, it was horrible. And the anxiety pills my doctor gave me made me feel like I was in a daze all the time, I can't think, and my whole decision making skills? Pretty much gone. I've had issues with pills as you can tell, so I pretty much avoid anything. I could open a pharmacy with all the bottles of prescriptions I have though!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #6  

So I've been trying to figure out what was bothering me, and I figured it out! I'm tired of everything being bad for me! In the summer I find I get thirsty, and drink something like 6L's of water a day, and people tell me that I could kill myself from that. It's exhausting!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry about drinking too much water. As far as I know, there is only one case where someone died from it and they took it to the extreme. Drinking 6 liters of water isn't going to kill you. If you start to become obssessed with drinking water, then I would worry, otherwise don't
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:53 AM   #8  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I take 5htp daily. I find it so helpful.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote