South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 08/19

Good morning, Chickies~~

I've already posted my menu on Ellis's "Menu Thingy" thread.

Had some weird dreams last night. There was one that was very disturbing. I was at the lab and a woman I'd never met came in and asked me to help her get a body out of her PT Cruiser. Apparently she was some sort of EMT. Anyway, inside was the body of a kid no more than 12 or 13. She said he'd died from a crack overdose and was one of Dr. D's patients. He'd requested to see the body before it was sent to the morgue. Is that not disturbing??? Not to mention completely ICKY!!

Had a pretty good day yesterday, but I'm still paying for that steak dinner the other night. I think I'm having a mild gall bladder attack. Dull, nagging pain about 2" below the sternum. Ugh. On the bright side, that's been keeping me on the straight and narrow. Nothing like a little discomfort to kill the urge to eat.

Well, need to get my shower. I'll pop back in after I'm dressed for work.

Everyone have a great day on the Beach! And drink your water...it's gonna be a scorcher today.

Mamacita
Old 08-19-2004, 07:21 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone!

I still have a bit of a headache but I think it's going away which pleases me to no end. I tried the Chicken Capri for dinner last night and it was EXCELLENT! Today is pay day so I will likely stop on the way home from work tonight to pick up a few things.

Today is day 3 of Phase 1 and I feel really good with the exception of being a little tired but that is related to the medication change from Friday.

Well my kitties are crying for their morning treats so I'm going to go but I'll check back tonight when I get home to see how everyones day went.

Have a good one!

Kristin
Old 08-19-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamacita, what a disturbing dream!

Kristin, it's payday for us, too. I'll be picking up some healthy food today. AND some toilet paper. I can't believe how quickly a 24 pack disappears.

Laurie, I hope the stress lets up for you soon, sweetie.

I'm going to the gym this morning. And then I'm going to crawl back into bed.
I'm seeing "Super Size Me" this evening with my friend James. He suggested McDonald's for dinner, and I'm so slow lately that it took awhile for it to kick in that he was joking.

Ruth, I hope you're sleeping in. It's a dreary old day.

Enjoy today, girls! Talk to you later...
Old 08-19-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Good morning Chickies,
Another gloomy day here in DC. The rain has held off so I am still able to walk at lunch, though only anout amile and a half. At least it's something right??? I for the most part stayed on plan, well with the exception of the rosemary bread...small piece I promise. And I guess the Int'l Delight low carb creamer isn't op because of the hydrogenated stuff, but I am glad I am the only one who indulges in it. I'll try the SF syrups if I can find something. I went grocery shopping last night, so we've got lots in the fridge and pantry to snack on. Someone somewhere asked me what was in the Soy and flax seed tortilla chips I get...wellI am sad to say it has stone ground yellow corn, soy grits, brown flaxseed, corn or sunflower oil, sea salt water and traces of lime. 8g of fat(1g sat, 3.5g polyunsat, 3.5g monounsat) 8 net carbs for approx 15 chips. They are from Trader Joe's and they are all I eat. I love the nutty flavor. They might not be the best, but I need something crunchy when I have a sandwich or eat my guac.

Mamacita-I hate when I have disturbing dreams like that....they stay with me all day I can't seem to shake off that freaked out feeling. Sorry about your gall bladder attack. I hope you are feeling better soon

Kristin-sorry to hear about your headache. Did you used to drink caf. coffee before starting SB? If you switched to decaf, thenthat could bet he reason for your headache. We've switched to halfcaf to avoid the headaches and at work all I drink is decaf. Hope you are able to get rid of it soon

ellis-I promise you will never want to eat another thing from McDee's after you see "Supersize me". I saw it about 3 mooths ago, and haven't been since. It's done well and entertaining, but it help with your self control if you like fast food.

Everyone else have a great day on the beach...only one more day until the weekend!

Sheila
Old 08-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #5  

Good Morning all!
Well It is poring down rain here. We got woken up at around 5 am to a huge clap of thunder. I guess I will be trying out that carpool line this AM. I can't try to get DD in to school carring DD2 in the rain, we will all be soaked and sick if I do that.
Ate prett much everything I said with the exception of some beans. I was just so hungry still so I had a can open so I ate the rest. I hate that TOM I just want to stuff my face at that time.
Well for those of you who were part of the chicken saga yesterday. It did not taste like formalihide But it was not that great either. The chicken was dry and the rice was too flavorful. Oh well that how you learn right!

Well have to go get DD and chang what we picked out for school since the rain.
Mama What a weird dream!! What did you eat b4 bed????
Kiristen glad the hedache is gone. Feel better
Ellis Can you take my but with you to the gym I have got to workout and soon!!

Talk to you all later. ::
Old 08-19-2004, 08:09 AM   #6  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Morning SKherb-We must have posted at the same time....Sorry about the chicken and rice yesterday...I haven't tried it and don't think I will be now? Sorry...Have a great day!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies... it is a dreary day here as well but they are calling for the sun to come out this afternoon. I hope they are right. I spent the afternoon at the neighbourhood beach with the kids and was hoping to take them again today. Cheap entertaiment. Still OP which I am sure is some kinda of record for me. It is getting harder as I am running out of OP foods I really need to get to the store. As soon as everyone pays me.

Mama- that sounds like a horrible dream. I hope the belly feels better soon.

Kristin- Glad the head is feeling better. Nothing worse than that.

Got to go I will be back have to make a list of school supplies for the dh.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #8  

Sheq we posted at the same time. Good for you staying OP. The SF syrups are good. If you have a TJMAX near you they have them sometimes and they are way cheaper than the grocery or specialty shops.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Mornin'

Sounds like you are all good,,,,,well, except Mama, that dream needs some serious anaysis................................

Ellis take me to the gym with you...........I'm losing it!

KristinJ, sounds like dinner was good. Tomorrow is pay day and I'm going to stock up on chicken breasts. Going on sale for $1.99 per pound! Sorry about the headache

Shequila, the soy chip thingys sound really yucky! Do they taste better than they sound? Amazing what we are willing to eat now, huh?

SKherb, I'm with ya on the ToM thing. I want to eat the wallpaper!

Little chick, I would love to spend some time on the beach. Hopefully it will warm up for you and you can be a beachbum all day.

Well, my familly starts leaving today. I'm sad and glad at the same time. I'm going to miss those little boys and I don't know when we'll see everyone again. It will be good to be able to start cooking normally now. My daughter leaves for Texas on Sunday and then it will be as normal as it's going to be. My son is still trying to get normal after spending two years in Japan. He still takes off his shoes at the front door. That's OK with me!

Having a hard time sticking to my resolve to be OP. Need to find the drive and determination I had. I've lost it. If anyone has found it could you PLEASE return it????????????
Old 08-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Sorry chicks back DH was on his way out the door to get his check and wanted to pick up some school supplies so I had to make him a list.

Ellis hope you have a great time at the gym. Do some exercising for me too will ya. I don't seem to have any ambition to do any exercising.

skherb- sorry the chicken recipie didn't turn out all that great. But maybe you had the thought of formalihide running around your head.

Shequila- the chips sound yummy. I wish we had a Trader Joes here. We don't have a huge selection of good eats here in little old New Brunswick like you guys do.

I did notice at the Co-op the other night that the low products have a new noodle out. Kinda like Lipton one was Tomatoe Basil and the other Alfredo has anyone had these and are they legal? Anyone now any more details on these?

Well chicks have a great day I must go do some laundry ( I pulled an Ellis and left a load in the washer a day or two to long.)
I will check in later if I can get back to the puter. That is if the kids will let me near it.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 AM   #11  

morning chickies,
it is raining an blah here today, had a hard time getting out of bed but i did force myself to choke down breakfast and packed my lunch for today. i was able to get through all the errands yesterday little ds is sporting new eyeglasses and dd is now wearing contacts. the cable guy came and pushed this little button on the back of my modem and the phone and dsl started working again instantly (couldn't they just have told me to do that on the phone?) so i felt a little stupid . i got on the scale this am and i am at 239 almost back to my siggy weight. during my whining and foot stomping phase i made it back up to 244 so i am happy about the number. i am now hopefully coming out of the whining and foot stomping phase. i won't say i am done with it totally yet but this has been a good week so far. thank you all for so much support!!!

mama i hate those bad dreams, hope the gall bladder gets back in line.

skherb good luck with the car pool.

shequila what a beautiful pic of you!!! have a great day.

lc i hope you get to go back to the beach so the kids don't get ....what is it that you called it??? shack wacky??? still cracks me up!!!! have a good day.

ellis good luck at the gym hope you catch some good zzzz's when you get back.

hello to anyone else that i missed have a great day.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:44 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! I don't get on at 5:30 as usual and look at all the Early Chicks!

As I whined to Ellis and Beachgal, I am having trouble with this site being too slow for me. My garden website is fine but this one drags. So if I don't respond to everyone's post, I still love you all - just getting frustrated at having to wait so long for a post to open or be displayed. There! I'm done griping! for now

It's a dreary looking day here this morning. DH didn't get up until just a few minutes ago. he's eating breakfast and then has to do a quick shave as we are due at the Doc at 9:30. It's the quarterly diabetic followup when we get bloodwork results and Dr. Jack checks to see if we are still moving! It will be interesting to see if Harry has gained any weight in the last week since we got the 128 pound shocker news. I have been giving him "extras" and, until last night, resisting his Frankenfoods. However, two sugar-free ice cream sandwiches just lept from the freezer into my mouth last night! Guess who has the runs this morning from the sugar alcohols.

I'll let you know what the blood results are when I get back. And I'll read through all the posts when I have more time.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #13  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

I really like the soy chips, I have from the start. Not something I had to get used to. they are little different from your regular tortilla chips, but I don't think they are yucky! I love trader joe's...they have different things and alot less expensive prices than the regular grocery store.

RNMOM thanks for the compliment about the pic.....I think it's the background of San Diego harbor that makes me look good.....And thanks to Ruth fixing it and helping to get it up there
Old 08-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #14  

Good Morning, gals! As skherb said, it is raining cats and dogs here in the Dallas area. I had one moment of panic on the way to work when I had cars on all sides of me and an SUV drenched my little Focus for about 10 seconds. I couldn't see anything and I knew the road was curving! Nobody hit me and I'm safe at work so it is okay but it sure got my adrenaline going!

Today is the first day of school for DS. Since he got to meet his teacher earlier this week, he was fine with me dropping him at day care and he will take the bus to school from there. He is so much more grown up than when he was starting first grade last year.

Ruth - I've noticed the same thing about the web site. When I connect from work (on a very fast LAN line), there are times when the site is very slow. At other times it is fine. I take it as an indication that I should be working more and posting less and go back to work for awhile.

We had the Pizza Meat Pie last night for dinner. I didn't like the flavor from the powdered milk (of course it might just be that my powdered milk was too old). Did anyone else try it and notice an aftertaste from the milk?

skherb- I've had problems with chicken getting dry in the crockpot too. Especially if I cook it too long. As long as I cook it for the minimum time it is usually okay but that is tough when I am gone at work all day so I don't use my crockpot as much as I could. If anyone is interested in crockpot recipes, there is a Yahoo group for crockpot recipes. I probably have hundreds of recipes saved from the group although I don't use very many.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #15  

Ok made it throught the carpool line! WOW was that a line!!! I waited in line for over 20min and told DD she was walking in by herself and that she needed to go right to her classroom since the bell had already rung. I guess we will have to leave earlier on rain days I do not do mornings well.::

Got on the scale and it hasn't really budged. I am hopeing I am retainging water because of the time it is. I will try again early next week and hope for better results.
Have a good day. And try to stay dry everyone!
Closed Thread