General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default Kashi

Has anyone lost weight the Kashi way? Eating their cereals for breakfast, eating their bars for lunch and then a healthy dinner with fruits and veggies? Is it okay to eat just their bars for lunch with maybe a salad or something?
weightylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #2  

I don't know much about it except I know my dd likes the cereal and feeds it to my grandson, but with what you are looking to do there is one piece of firm advice I have for you and that is DRINK HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER EACH DAY! With all the roughage and fiber you are talking about ingesting, you will have one serious problem if you don't get lots of lots of water in each day! Good luck to you!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  

Yup!
I did the plan for a week and I lost 7 pounds! I've since joined weight watchers and eat kashi almost every morning.
Sweetmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #4  

Talking

hey there. new here just thought i would jump in here. go on kashi website and try the kashi mexicana. oh sooo good.
adtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:59 PM   #5  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2one
I don't know much about it except I know my dd likes the cereal and feeds it to my grandson, but with what you are looking to do there is one piece of firm advice I have for you and that is DRINK HUGE AMOUNTS OF WATER EACH DAY! With all the roughage and fiber you are talking about ingesting, you will have one serious problem if you don't get lots of lots of water in each day! Good luck to you!
Hi, I'm new to the board and I've been doing the Kashi thing for two weeks now. I really like it for the protein the products offer, that and I can actually read the contents. To many chemical names make me nervous. I read gma@one's comment and maybe I'm slow but what did ya mean? I'm not gonna spontaniously combust or something am I? Cause that would be bad.

Zoe
ZoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

No-you are not going to spontaniously combust. BUT-you are going to be eating a lot of fiber...and you need water to "lubricate the works" I think is what she means. Fiber from fruits make your bowel movements soft due to their content...but fiber from veggies and whole grains can be "bulky" and you need to be hydrated so that things run smoothly. (Sorry to be so descriptive. )
I eat Kashi products-my favorites are the Crunchy! bars, the 7 In The Morning Cereal, and the Go Lean Crunch! cereal. I do NOT eat it multiple times a day though on the Kashi plan...usually the cereal about 3x a week...and a bar or two throughout the week when I am in a rush and can't stop to eat. I count calories and eat very healthfully....but I don't follow the "Kashi Plan" and eat it so strictly like meal replacements.
FYI-if you go on the Kashi website they have a coupon you can print out on your computer-maybe it can save a few of you a little $.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/175/145

Height: 5' 3"

I'm a dedicated Go Lean eater. Fills me up in the AM so I am not dying for a unhealthy snack by mid morning!
pools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #8  

Have you tried "7 In The Morning"? It is great stirred in yogurt.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:33 AM   #9  

i tried kashi. i think it wouldve worked if i havent over eaten the other stuff. like i would be good and eat a bowl of golean crunch then like an hour later id eat like the TLC crackers from kashi.. ohh they r soo good!! especialluy the original ones... ohhh.. they r good... but yeah. im thinking about doing it again. its UBER good. i LOVE the bars. but yeah. gonna lower my eating habits.. i eat to much ahha see you later!!
xJOANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:33 PM   #10  

Zoe: Oh gracious girl, sorry I didn't explain. Amphil was right on with what I meant. You will be taking in lots and lots of fiber and where there is fiber and no water or not enough there is constipation and you don't want that.

I have since tried a K cereal that tastes like special k with strawberries and really like it though the stuff even at the military commissary is over $3 a small box so I don't eat it all the time. Besides, I hate milk and wish you could use something else to eat it with. I usually put milk on it then eat "around" the milk so to speak!

good luck to everyone trying this out

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #11  

So what is it?

Kashi cereal for breakfast??
kashi bar for lunch??
healthy dinner??
and fruits and veggies for snacks????
I think I may try it!
blondie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:59 AM   #12  

I went to Big Lots/Odd Lots recently and they had Kashi cereal for $1.99-the Cinna Raisin Crunch. Blondie-yes, essentially that is the plan. Sort of like any meal replacement plan-except Kashi is a lot healthier and more filling than a shake. The cereals are really high in protein and fiber-and they are made really healthy-with 7 whole grains and soy protein. If they aren't in your regular cereal aisle check the health food section if your store has one. You can use any of the cereals-just measure the serving out. (important anyway)
The Go Lean Crunch reminds me of Super Golden Crisp Cereal but crunchier...the 7 In The Morning is like a healthier version of Grape Nuts...the Good Friends is a plain whole grain variety-not very sweet...Cinna Raisin Crunch is like a cinnamon whole grain raisin bran type of thing...there are a lot of verieties out there from Kashi. They even have instant oatmeal packets out now with less processing and sugar in them than regular mainstream brands.
I don't do the Kashi plan so to speak-but I calorie count and I do choose Kashi over most brands of other cereals out there-simply for the health benefits.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:46 PM   #13  

Kashi Good Friends now has more sugar - I was on a test panel and they ended up keeping the sweeter version - said that's what people wanted. I think if you check, most of their cereals have added sugar, that's why they are so tasty.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #14  

Yes-some of the varieties do have SOME added sugars. Not as much as eating mainstream Kelloggs~Post~Big G types of cereals though-and they use whole grains. They also use healthier or less processed alternatives to ingredients like regular sugars/corn syrups and/or trans fats. On the other hand, some of their cereal varieties have no added sugars at all...like 7 In The Morning cereal-which is a staple at my house.

Some of the varieties with some sort of added sugars or fats use ingredients like brown rice syrup or expeller pressd canola oil in place of plain white sugar or trans fat/partially hydrogenated oils-which are healthier alternatives.