South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 07:36 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Happy Hump Day Chat 08/18

Good morning, Chickies~~

Got a really good night's sleep last night. Dogs decided not to bother me, for whatever reason. (Wonder if it was that flea spray session??)

The steak was very, very tasty last night. DH decided to "help" me and he marinated it for me. Unfortunately, I think there was too much sodium in it. Hands and feet feel like they're about to split their seams. I'll be drinking lots of water today.

Tonight will be chicken breast and green beans. Lunch will be the usual...2 hb eggs, cottage cheese and a salad.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-18-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Morning Mamcita,
I on the ohterhand didn't sleep too well....I am sooo exhausted this mroning...and I have a headache. Not looking forward to going to work today. I pretty muich stayed OP yesterday. Salad with grilled chicken for both dinner and lunch, guac and soy and flax seed chips for snack. Still forgetting to eat breakfast though.....well except for a cup or 2 of coffee.

It doesn't look like a particularly sunny day here in Washington, DC. I think some rain is supposed to be coming in for the rest of the week. Last night was so beautiful that we were met some friends in from Germany with their new baby out for dinner and was able to eat outside. Gotta love dining al fresco.

I guess I would motivate and get ready for work. I need to start looking into flights to MA and ME so we can see our families too. Maybe I wil do that now and postpone getting ready for work.

Have a great day on the beach ladies.
Sheila
Old 08-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #3  

Good Morning Chicks!

Well we are back off to chool today. Daughter really seemed to like it. Although as MOM I was not in the best of spirits yesterday. But today i have a couple of things I need to get done while she is gone so the day I am sure will pass much faster.
I stayed sortof OP yesterday in the evening I was sooo Hungry (TOM) so I snacked alot but is was with allowed food. Need to go get some more veggies today to help me.

Can anyone help me. I am looking for a very easy CROCKPOT Chiicken recipe to make today for dinner. I know i saw one recently but I will be darned if I can find it this AM. ANyone know one. Thanks Check back later.

Goodmornign Mama
Old 08-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #4  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Morning SKherb....we posted at the same time. Didn't find anything in the recipe section for your crockpot? TRy Allrecipes.com for a recipe that can be altered to SB friendly. Have a great day!
Sheila
Old 08-18-2004, 08:14 AM   #5  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning earlybirds! Mama, Shequila and SKherb hope your days get better! I had my second karate class last night. I never in a millon years would have thought I'd love it so much. It's really a lot of fun. I've been pretty much OP for weeks. I didn't show a loss last week but I'm not suprised since its my time. Anyway, I'm still plugging away. Have a great day!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:18 AM   #6  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Here you go Skherb,

Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans (crockpot)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans

1/2 Cup dry packaged Navy Beans or 1(15 ounces) can Navy Beans, rinsed and drained.
1/2 Cup dry packaged Red Beans or 1(15 ounce) can Red beans, rinsed and drained.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
3 large carrots, diagonally sliced
2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons minced ginger root or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger, to taste
1 (14 1/2 ounces) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 to 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
Sliced green onions and tops, for garnish
Chopped peanuts for garnish

If using dry beans, in a large saucepan, place dry beans and cover with 2 inches water; heat to boiling; let boil, uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Drain soaking water and rinse beans. Place soaked OR canned beans, chicken, garlic, ginger and 1 1/4 cups of the chicken broth in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender about 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup broth and stir into mixture in cooker; stir in crushed red pepper. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.

Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
Per serving: WW Points: 7 Calories: 375 Fat: 3g Fiber: 10g Carbs: 56g Sodium: 285mg Protein: 30g Chol: 46mg

Here's another one that could be made SB friendly...use diet orange and brown rice.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Chicken breasts with orange soda and soy sauce served over rice. Gives
chicken a wonderful flavor, and it is great for those days when you don't have
a lot of time to prepare a meal. Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook
Time: approx. 6 Hours . Ready in: approx. 6 Hours 15 Minutes. Makes 4
servings.
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Kimberley Dillard-Wright
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
12 fluid ounces orange-flavored carbonated beverage
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cups water

Directions
1 Place the chicken in a slow cooker, and pour in the orange-flavored carbonated beverage and
soy sauce.
2 Cover slow cooker, and cook chicken on Low 5 to 6 hours.
3 In a saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20

Good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Sheila, could you put those recipes into the Recipe forum? They look good.

Flyby post again today chickies. We (including me!) slept in a bit this morning and I'm running behind. I need to "hump" the garbage and recycle stuff out to the road for pick-up. It's raining a bit but IS warm. It will be an indoor day for sure. Hershey goes to her job at one so that will be the outing.

Gotta dash......
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Yummy both of those recipes sound great!
I too didn't get much sleep but that's because I was up till 3 doing homework. Thank God today is the last day of this session but tomorrow starts a new one and ecampus.com hasn't gotten me my darn books yet! They anger me! Oh well! I am sure I will be taking a nap later because I just can't deal with having only 5.5 hrs of sleep! Hope everyone is doing well. I am off to run some errands!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody!

My body is screamin at me today because I've been so busy. I worked until 8 last night, then went to Wal-Mart with Molly to pick up stuff for our PartyLite businesses. Got home about 9, then had dinner (smart, huh?) Went to bed around 11.

Was good and did some vigorous stationary bike riding yesterday before work, but couldn't bring myself to do the (ow ow ow) ab video again. I hope to be able to do it tonight. It's called "I Want Those Abs!" and it's only 15 minutes long, but it's NON-STOP crunches for all the different areas. Really, you don't get a break, so your abs are going "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????" after the first 2 minutes.

Well, sheesh, I slept late again today so I have to go make some breakfast and watch the Today show for 20 minutes. Working by myself today. Sigh. Gonna be a long day! Everyone have a good one!
Old 08-18-2004, 09:23 AM   #10  

Good morning, gals! I rushed in for another 7:30 meeting this morning only to find out they had cancelled the meeting. Oh, well, more time for the important stuff like reading the postings.

Meet the Teacher night was so much fun. Brian's teacher seems really nice. It looks like there will only be 16 kids in the class and he is sitting apart from his friends which is probably a good thing. His class has 3 of the 8 kids that are in our cub scout den! School starts tomorrow.

I got compliments last night from a couple of moms who hadn't seen me since the spring and noticed the weight loss. That felt nice even though I still have a long way to go.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:31 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Crap! I KNEW I should have closed this thread sooner! Barb, you're on the wrong day! I'll see if I can move your post...
Old 08-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

hee hee hee! I just closed this thread. Sorry about that, Barb. I thought it was Thursday today. heh heh.
Back shortly... after I've pulled myself together.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:50 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies... I am on the fly as well never seems to be enough time in the day. I will be glad when the kids go back to school. My days will be normal again. I can't seem to get anything done at all. I have an interview tomorrow but I am not sure if I am going to go as it is for a 4-3am shift. Well I got to go..... to many things to do and no time to do it. Love to ya all. Check in again later if I get time.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:56 AM   #14  

Ellis -- you're so funny! If it makes you feel any better I thought that it was Thursday too. Only for me that would be bad because it would mean that I am late for work but instead it's my last day off.

I'm proud of myself for making it through yesterday without wanting to cheat. I'm disappointed about the campbell's soup being bad but I'm sure if I read the can myself I would have seen that. I've never been a homemade soup person but I guess I'll have to start. I'll check out the board for recipes. I should go start my eggs for breakfast and I'll talk to y'all later!

Kristin
Old 08-18-2004, 10:39 AM   #15  

Yeah, OK...so the blue Wiggle is the hot one.

We had a BLAST yesterday. DS was so into everything. His whole body went limp with excitement when WAGS the Dog made his appearance. It was one of my most fun days as a mom.

I have not had my water the past two days, not my normal amount and I can feel it today. My lips even feel chapped. So chug chug chug!!

Have to finish that work that kept me up on Monday night. More later!!
Closed Thread