Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Arrow One Week Challenge: Aug 18 - 25

Alright. Is it just me, or do you guys also have something that just makes you say, "Dang, I just wish I could get myself to......" "I would just feel so proud of myself if I......" Well, I'm taking charge -- I'm going to show my own rear end who's boss around here: I am issuing myself a one week challenge, starting Wednesday, 8/18 -- and I invite you to join me in the self-challenge of your choice. You pick. What do you think you can do for a week that would just make you so proud of yourself? Here's mine:

I am challenging myself to just blow my own doors off this week in the cardio department. I am going to get up early (6:00 a.m. on the weekdays) to do HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio (on an empty stomach) for 20 minutes every morning this week -- from Wednesday through Wednesday. 20 minutes is no biggie, right? And yet I HATE to get up early to do it -- afternoons: ok; mornings: nah-ah. Well, too bad. I'm going to get up early before work in the morning, and also first thing on the weekends too. I am committing to myself (and you guys!!) here and now that I'm going to do that every morning for 7 days, without missing a day, and I'm ALSO going to either walk on my treadmill or bike on the exercise bike for at least 20 minutes on at least 3 other occasions -- OVER and ABOVE the morning cardio. This may not be a big deal for some folks here, but this is my weakest area (I just SO love my bed in the morning!) so I'm going to prove to myself that I can do it for a week -- to start.

I will post updates here on what I did, so I'm accountable to each of you.

Anyone going to join me???? Anyone focusing on water? Reducing salt? Cutting back on sugar grams? Cardio? Weights? Eating 5 meals not 3? Reducing calories? Going for daily walks?

Pick yer poison.....and JOIN ME IN PROVING WHO'S BOSS!!!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Wow Sarah that is some real ACTION your taking on GREAT!!! I'm with you I'll post what my plans on later tonight I really got to think of my goals for the week. (I'm in the sad/happy/mad bla bla bla pms mood right now) But I'm so with you!!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sarah- you GO girl.

Also, you seem to read my mind. It'll be my last week-week before going back to Maryland so I want to lose as much as I can.. if I'm lucky, 3 lbs (and maybe one more before the 30th, when Im officially back!)

Heres my plan: cardio EVERY DAY, no excuses, at least 45 minutes. I had worked myself up to an hour but Ive been out of it for almost two weeks so I won't be TOO much of a fitness **** on myself. Weight lifting "to failure" (now that I know what that means! ) in each set. I will be at that gym every day to show 'em who is boss.

Also, MORE PROTEIN and less fat. If I can get that narsty fat less than 30%, I will be happy.

GOOD LUCK TO SARAH AND MEZ and whoever else decides to do this! We will KICK some ARSE!

Edit: whoops! I wiill need an extra day of rest before I start the exercise thing, just in case. so I'm going to modify the challenge to be "August 19-26th" if you all have no objections

Last edited by djs06; 08-17-2004 at 11:50 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up Alright, NOW we're talking!!

Woo Hoo!! I'm so excited to have company in this!!! Mezster, I'll be looking forward to hearing what self-challenge you've come up with! And Dana, my love, YOU are quite the self-challenge BEASTIE with all those goals!!

Once Mez reports back on her goals, I'll post them here for all to see.

LOCK UP YOUR EXERCISE EQUIPMENT.....WE'RE TAKING NO PRISONERS!!!

Anyone else brave enough to join?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:04 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Ok I'm in. I have to start doing my back exercise's. I know I will feel so much better if I do them plus it will help to tighten up my waist line. So I will do them every day for the next week and hopefully it will stick with me.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:10 PM   #6  
I climb mountains!

YAY, HOWIE!!!! I KNEW you'd come through, Mr. Man!!

Tonight I'll post a recap of everybody's commitments. I'm so excited!!
Old 08-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good idea, Sarah!

I'm still working on the vitamin thing. I want to take my vitamins every day starting today. I also want to stretch every day. I used to do that, but somehow got out of it, and I really need it. So vitamins and stretching for me!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

Oh, Sheila, I'm SO happy you're participating!! OK! Stretching and the taking of vitamins daily, it is!!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #9  

I'm glad you did this Sarah. I am going to walk at least 2 miles a day. Quite a bit lower than what I would be walking in California but there are not to many nice walking spots here. Everytime I walk here I'm afraid a car is going to run me down. Who would have known that country road drivers could drive so fast. Also, I have to hope that the neighbors dog is not out or else I can only get about an eighth of a mile done before I have to go back.

I've been having a real tough time pushing away carbs. That is my second challenge to myself. I am going to try to stay away from the extra carbs this week also. Right now I am so stressed I want to have a box of twinkies, drink a coke, and chain smoke. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Nice thought, but I won't do it but darn it I would like to.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Alrighty then...

As of yesterday, I cut back to 800 cal. I feel better on that for some reason and I have more control of my eating, It's strange but on 1200 I felt so stuffed yet never satisfied. If I cut myself off at 800 I feel just right. So I'm back on it. I will save the higher caloirc intake for maintenance (if I ever get there dang it!)

I am starting back up the walk away the pounds tonight. I am getting ready to hit that here in a few minutes.

Drinking more water since Monday.

I'll letcha know how it goes at the end of the week!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 PM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

OK Sarah, you're on!! Tomorrow, I will walk 3 miles, and I will contnue to do so until the wheels fall off the stroller!! Not really, but I will walk 3 miles 5 times between tomorrow and next wednesday!! Thats 15 miles-- usually my weekly goal is 10 per week! And, I will not let the taco that ruined my points today, ruin my weekly total. I'll cut back just a little each day to make up for it! Thanks Sarah, for starting this-- I needed it!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:32 PM   #12  

well I'm new here but figured I'd jump on this challenge to get myself into it.

My goals are to go for a walk nightly and to drink 4 bottles of water per day. I'm working on about 2.5 right now and really want to bump that up.

Thanks Sarah!
rainnie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

My Plan is to work out everyday. (I’ll need to wake early for this yuck) I’m a night owl.

Day 1 – Arms & ABS of Steel (I usually do just the Abs part but I’m going to do the whole tape) I’ve seen really great results with this tape in the past.

Day 2 - Pilates on the Ball – After I finish this tape I always feel really great!

Day 3 – Walk Away the pounds with Leslie Sansone 1 mile - (I’ve never done this but seen it mentioned lots on here) It sounds like a great workout! I can’t wait!!!

Day 4 - Tone & Sweat – I like the using the cords they help me with balance.

Day 5 - Abs yoga for beginner’s w/Rodney Yee – I’d like to try Yoga (plus I want to work on my belly 2 for 1 YEAH!)

Day 6 – Fun Day I’ll put on dance music and let go!! LOL It might not be pretty. But will be fun! (1 hour dance craze)

Day 7 – Workout Tape out of the hat trick! I’ll number my tapes and pull a number out of the hat. That tape wins and so do I!!!

That's my plan I’d like to add water but I feel that with the workouts I that should go hand in hand. Plus I really need to stay focused on the workout. Here's to everyone that is taking this bull by the horn!!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #14  
Mary Jo

Red face

I am new here too, I just received an e-mail from my sister who is a runner and she has signed us up for a run in November... I "use to be" the athletic one in our family and over the last couple of years have gone down hill. I like a challenge and after reading this post and getting that e-mail I am up for both! I am going to commit to 2 miles (walking) for the next week. I will work it out to begin on the 18th with you guys! Thanks for the help!
Jomamma
jomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #15  
Live for the Moment!

Alright ladies... I'M IN!

So my challenge to myself is to get some exercise Every Single Day for the next week AND get in my water, every single day! Yup, and I can do this.. I've been struggling with exercise but my goal is to at least get in the Tae-Bo 8 Minute Power Workout if I don't get to the gym.. So here it goes! Good Luck to all of you!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote