South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #1  
RNMOM

Default OK, the damage I've done....

Well, I wasn't going to weigh until Saturday, but decided to do that this AM....ugh !

I've gained 8.5 pounds! Between "enjoying" myself and TOM and not being careful......yuk!

I really haven't enjoyed any of the food that much either. It hasn't been "OH I LOVE THIS!!!!" I've just eaten. Stupid. In fact, I feel pretty miserable right now.

So, I'm resetting the goal date and going to detox....hopefully it won't be as bad as 8+ months ago!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  

RNMOM hang in there girl!!! tom just sucks. great attitude though!! you can do this.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:14 PM   #3  

TOM is a terrible time, both physically and emotionally. . I know I can put on 7 or 8 pounds during tom..... so you should avoid the scales. I actually got rid of my scales, and weigh once a week at a shopping centre where you get a printout.... saves obsessing, as weight can fluctuate on a daily basis.... causing grief .
If you haven`t been enjoying your food, maybe you need to get a bit more creative ........ i know it is easier said than done if you are terribly busy.... but this is something you are doing for YOU..... so you might have to find some time to pre-make some favs, and freeze them in single portions.... have an afternoon of cooking for the week or so. It saves coming home and eating something bland and un-exciting cause you are to tired/busy to cook something with a bit more appeal.
TOM can cause some craving......... and it can be difficult to work through those few days, but you will get there. Don`t beat yourself up over it.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, crap, RNMom.
No matter... move on! You did it before, and you can do it again!
Old 08-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #5  
kikilai

Me toooo!!! ARgh this morning, 3 pounds gained, tom around next corner, got on the scale today knowing it would be bad, and it was!!!!!

You can do it, go with your detox, i'm going to too, starting today, my resolve is finely honed - and stupid foods are NEVER worth it!

hang in there, you're not alone RNmom!!!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

I did the same thing last weekend at a family birthday. Then came home and decided to finish the weekend off with bad eating. Yes, I gained a lot and wasn't very happy with myself. However, Monday morning was a new day and I started on Phase 1. I thought that I would stay on phase 1 for 2 weeks to take off the extra weight, but it has come off quickly already and a couple more pounds besides.

You have the right attitude to get back OP. Go for it. You can do it and it will come off quickly. I think the really important part is not to deny yourself the indulgences, but to recocnize that you have indulged and plan to rectify. That's the important part of the whole plan.

I was down very low 2 years ago, and when my weight started to get out of control again, I did not have a plan to rectify the problem. Consequently, I am back to losing the weight again. You have come too far for that and I know you will be able to take the weight off again.

Take care.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RNMom, I think you should print out your post and hang it on the fridge to discourage any further eating of anything that isn't going to be worth it. And then, get right back on track...as Ellis said, you did this before and you can do this again! And who knows, when TOM has left, you might find that it took several pounds with it and you have a running start!

Here are lots of sympathetic hugs If something as beautiful as children didn't come out of the darn TOM, I would be so very irritated that we women were saddled with it!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:20 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
If something as beautiful as children didn't come out of the darn TOM, I would be so very irritated that we women were saddled with it!
Huh. I'm irritated ANYHOW! Why can't men have the kids!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:33 PM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

Ellis..they are such BIG babies, they couldn't stand the pain.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Me and you RNMOM Me and you kiddo!
Closed Thread