South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #1  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Day 27

I am starting day 27 today and have lost 15 lbs. so far. I managed to lose 10 before I started so that makes a total of 25 lbs gone.

I have to say that I really love this WOL, it is so easy and I feel so much better already. My blood pressure is down to 122/60 from 155/93, my highest recorded would be 190/100. I managed to survive a vacation without a gain and I am not craving food constantly so I know the insulin resistance is better without doing blood work right now. I am finding that the food is really good because I love real food that I have cooked because I know what it is in it.

I am not bragging so much as hoping that newbies will read this and be encouraged to continue beyond that first week that is so tough sometimes. If I can do this you can do this. Of course, I will be counting on the experienced ones in this group to help me get through that inevitable plateau when it hits.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

WTG Bunna. Keep up the great work.

I agree with you on loving to eat this way. However, I am not a carboholic - I can take or leave carbs. I started SBD with 2 co-workers and they have both quit the diet because they could not be without their carbs. They will both be going back to WW because they feel it gives them more variety to add the carbs that they have been missing.

I guess my caution to newbys is...if you are a carboholic, you will have more difficulty with the cravings. I think even some of the ladies here will say that they never really get over them.

I'm not in that position and rarely find myself hungry or craving anything. I have the opposite problem - I forget to eat and miss meals because I don't feel hungry. I think that does as much to stall weight loss as eating too much.

Just my opinion, though. Others may have more comments.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats, Bunna!

I understand what you are saying, Peggy. At some point in the past, I might have done as your coworkers did. But now I am finally ready to accept that I was totally addicted to carbs and cannot let the simplified ones in my life and survive in a healthy way. This was a big lifestyle change for me...the woman who could live on bread alone...but a very good one! I am amazed at how easy it is to follow this plan on most days. Sure, there are times when I am frustrated, but they are few and far between, and in general, I am amazed at how much I have been able to lose and how long I have stuck with this program! A week from Saturday I will have been on the beach for four months!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

I agree with you, Laurie. I think the co-workers may have been a bit premature is switching. However, I guess they need to choose a healthy way of eating, regardless.

One of the ladies commented that she doesn't mind switching to whole grain (and has done so), but she is not prepared to have potatoes as a special treat. She grew up on lots of potatoes and isn't willing to give an inch on that. If WW reduces the amount of potatoes that she consumes, I guess that is for the better, also.

I admire you for sticking with it. I just haven't had to endure the same crossroads that other people have with the carbs and the cravings that result from them. I guess my frustration comes in a different form, though. Since I have never eaten a lot of carbs (except pasta), and I cut most of the sugar out of my diet 3 years ago, the change that I have made on SBD is almost exclusively with the type of fat that I eat - other than eating whole grain when I do eat starches. This in reality means that the losses in weight that I am experiencing are very small and hard won. I find that frustrating at times, but will persevere because I can visualize eating this way as a way of life.

I have another medical next month, so the results of it will tell me exactly how my health is changing on this eating plan. To me that's the outcome that I am really striving towards.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 08-16-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #5  
Bunnababy

Simple sugars were my number one problem.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Me too, me too. I have a sweettooth. It is more the taste of sugar that I like, not the need for my system to have sugar. It was easy for me to replace the need for something sweet with the FF/SF pudding or SF jello, or Crystal Lite drink, etc. That has worked so far...except for the chocolate birthday cake that I ate on Saturday.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tooth
. That has worked so far...except for the chocolate birthday cake that I ate on Saturday.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:36 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Congrats Bunna A Great Loss. Keep Up The Good Work.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Woof! Good work, Bunna!!!
Closed Thread