South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #1  

Cool Hello I'm new

Hi I'm new to this, so bear with me.

I've lost 10 kilos on the Atkins, but close to a year later, I'm starting to slack. That's why i'm looking into the SBD. I'm starting to crave pasta etc, so please do I do the whole gizmo, or do I go straight into phase two?
Help please

Last edited by Gibmum; 08-16-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #2  
For my HEALTH...

I am not one of the 3FC experts who frequent this thread, but I can direct you to the South Beach Forum.

Just go back to the Main Forums page and go down the page.

Down there between Sugar Busters(SB) and Weight Watchers(WW)

You will find the South Beach Diet Forums.
(Fat Chicks on the Beach) I think if you post there you will get lots of help on the SBD. --Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 08-16-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Pookie. I'll move this post into the South Beach Forum with a redirect.
Welcome Gibmun. Come on it - the water's fine!
Old 08-17-2004, 02:04 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Gibmum, and congratulations on your great loss!

I wish you luck in the transfer. It really depends on what you have been eating on Atkins. If a lot of refined/processed food, like bars and such, you would probably want to do a two-week Phase 1. If you've basically been eating like Phase 1 already, you could go straight into Phase 2. It wouldn't hurt to do the Phase 1 part...but it might help.

There are a couple people here who have done the switch...you might try making a new post asking specifically about the transfer from Atkins to SBD and see what they have to say.

My doctor told me that though Atkins can work, most people have a hard time maintaining it for life. A nurse told me the same thing today. On the other hand, most are able to do South Beach for life, at least for as long as it has been out. I hope you find it that way!
Old 08-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #5  

Welcome to the Beach, gibmum! If you are having cravings then it might be a good idea to do Phase 1. Take a look at the recipes in the recipe forum. There are lots of good ideas. The Frequently Asked Question section will also give you a ton of information. We're here to provide support.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

I bought a book a few weeks ago that compares all the 'low carb' diets and did a little review on and ranked each program. At the time that I started SBD I also bought both the Atkins book and the SBD book and read both of them from cover to cover.

Anyhoo, the review book states that the first phase of both diets are the same, so I guess it depends where on the Atkins program you are. If anyone is interested it ranked SBD, Atkins and the Zone as the best 'low carb' diets. I found that there wasn't really a whole lot of difference between the two programs, with the exception of the emphasis on good carbs and good fats that the SBD program makes. As a result of the emphasis on that, I chose SBD.

Welcome to the beach!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #7  

Default Okay so I'll tey SBD

Okay so thanks a lot for answering my questions. I've decided to do SBD phase one for a week. I,ve only put on 2 pounds since reaching my target. Since I live in the meditterranean, and we are in August, a couple of pounds weigh heavily in a bikini. Am I paranoid at putting on wieght?, well after years of being overweight, and 10 kilos less later, I suppose that constant vigil has become an integral part of my life. Anyhow, a couple of pounds less will see me at taget again, so here goes. I'll keep you all posted on my progress, and thanks for the interest shown.

Is maintaining your target weight more difficult than the actual dieting? I suppose its all a matter of priorities, target has been the difference between my crying when i had to go shopping, and crying to go shopping? Its made a great difference in my self esteem, so for all of you who are still struggling on, Keep up that good work there definitely is a silver lining, a pot of gold or whatever it is you are looking for at the end of your rainbow.

Thanks for your support again. I'll be back.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

I think you are wise to be concerned about putting weight back on. We had a discussion a few weeks ago about strategy to use when you reach target.

Having been through reaching close to goal, then putting on 30-40 pounds, I know that I will be much more cautious when I reach goal this time. I have decided to give myself a 5 pound leeway - if I go 5 pounds over my goal, it will be back to phase 1 to take the 5 off.

Bikini season is another story, though. You are wise to check that extra 2 pound before they become 30 . Just make sure you don't become too obsessed by your weight.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Gibmum, are you also posting in the Maintainer's Forum? They may have some great advice on what to do when you reach target to maintain that weight.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #10  
Nightingal

Default I'm new is this.

Happy new Year.I just stumbled onto this site.It's great.I like it so far.I've just finished my LAWL program.....I went from 198pds, to 140pds.....But I was trying to reach, 120.I'm still trying to loss the rest of the weight....But for some reason, the weight isn't coming off anymore.........I was on the program for 1,1/2yrs.Any comments, anyone can offer, would be great...Thank you so much.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is the South Beach Forum. We do not comment on the LAWL program. Please check out that forum here for suggestions.
Good luck!
Closed Thread