Old 08-16-2004, 07:12 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #246 * 8/16

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning Ladies

QOTD: WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR YOURSELF AFTER YOUR KIDS ARE GROWN?

Answer: My dream is to open a small coffee shop and be the primary owner so everyone knows me and the customers are like a small family. Does this make since. I would love to have this sort of thing to tend to when I'm older.
Or even when my kids are in their teens, they can work there too. Of course, I've got my decorating stuff too and I would like to make something of that, but not a full time job, more of an on the side job, in my spare time kind of thing. I also am glad I had kids early, so when they're grown, that's mine and dh's time together. To travel, cruise or just enjoy being together. My parents have had a better marriage since my sister and I have been grown.

So I hope everyone had a great night's sleep. I slept okay, Andrew was kind of cranky so I slept in his bed for a bit.

Geri, you were suppose to wait and mop until today, now I might not have that challenge or motivation knowing yours is already done. LOL

Spryng, I've never gotten into 6 feet under, is it going off air or just ending for the season? You know that hour and a half nap may have brought your headache on and made you feel sleepy. I know that doesn't make since, but it happens to me. Hope it went away.

Jill, sorry about your in-laws. Mine are opposite, so thin and eat anything. But I try to look at it not like their thin and I'm not, but more of a I'm trying to be healthy and they're not. So it makes it easier to say no when it's more of a healthy factor.

Deana, when do your kids start school? Are they all school age? If you want your bio info posted on the top of the thread, just add about 2 lines or so about you and your plan and someone will add it up there. That way everyone can go up there to learn about the others and it helps the newbies too.

Hello to everyone else, Ginny, Melinda, Penny, Jaymi, Leigh, Cindi, Cheri, Mindee and everyone else I missed. Hope you have a great day.

I think if I make myself a checklist for the things I want to get done today, I'll be more likely to get them done.
Andrew is awake, gotta go.
TTYL
Old 08-16-2004, 07:31 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

My checklist:
PREPARE SCHOOL
COOK BREAKFAST
CLEAN KITCHEN
GET KIDS READY
BED MADE
GET ME READY
PLACE AVON ORDER
DO SCHOOL
MAKE LUNCH
NAP
MOP
MAKE DINNER
CLEAN KITCHEN
LAUNDRY
KIDS BATH
DONE
Old 08-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Okay I'm the only that's posted so far. But I'm fixing to be away for a bit. Just wanted you all to know that I'm getting things done.
I have posted, done bills, prepared school. I'm off to make bed and prepare breakfast. TTYL
Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 AM   #5  

Morning Crystal! QOTD: To travel with DH all over the United States. I miss spending all that time alone, having nice conversations, relaxing, snuggling in the early a.m. before getting up for the day.....Not that I don't love snuggling with the kids in the a.m. LOL.

Well, Bugga Bug was up 4 times within 3 hours...YUK. I slept till 8, which is not like me. Abigail is still sleeping and BUgs slept till 8:15. I guess he was tired of being up too.

I am up to FLY at 12:00, but I would also like to VIRTUALLY exercise too. Are we talking 12:00 central time? SO it'd be 1:00 for me.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Oh yes, Leigh.....It doesn't matter if Liam wheres overalls or other clothes. I don't like overalls as much only because of the many snaps down the legs. You said LIAM is tough to change. So is Patrick. It's easier to pull pants down and back up. Snapping is not easy with a wiggler. Unless its shoralls. 3 snaps isn't so bad. I'll look and see if I have some extra pants for you. 18m-24m ok?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Morning Well, after Liam's morning nap we need to go to Target. I find he's best on errands if we go right after he wakes from a nap.

Julie, Sorry about the evil hamburgers. I'm tempted by them as well LOL. How is today treating you?

Crystal- I actually don't need to mop. The other day, I finally mopped under the couches after putting it off for 3 billion years. But I will fully support you in your challenge. That's a really good way of looking at the thin vs. heavy thing - healthy vs. not . . .

Geri- ohhhh - 68 would be too cold for me I just don't have it in me - can't handle winter, don't like cold. The hotter, the better! In fact, I'm one of the few people I know who actually is not bothered much by humidity What an incredibly long bike ride! Awesome for you

Spryng- you should do the exercise reward thing I do (when I'm exercising . . . which will be sometime this week again!). It's the one you suggested to me. I decided what minimum amount I wanted to work out each week (I decided on 5 times per week, but it's whatever works for you). After I complete 5 workouts in a week, I buy a gift card to keep for after I reach my goal weight.

Deana- that's cool about the gymnists from your area. I didn't realize gymnastics had already been on.

Jill- you did an awesome jon at the inlaw's! It sounds like it's hard for you to stay on track while over there, so that's great.

Mel- hi! So the wiggling doesn't get better??? Oh no LOL. What are ya'll doing today?

Thanks everyone for the input on the overalls. I bought several pairs for winter, but then I saw these one pair that I'm drooling over and trying to decide if I can justify buying them since he already has enough. Way more than enough, actually. I'm starting to think we must have another baby just to justify the expense of all Liam's things. Also, it has to be another boy so I can use it all again LOL!

What a great QOTD! It'll be fun to see everyone's answers. I'll come to your coffee shop, Crystal! I love coffee. My answer:
1. Spend more time with DH while living someplace like Savannah (maybe).
2. Read again. I love books and have had a super hard time having time/concentration to read since about my 6th month of pregnancy LOL.
3. Do something creative/artustic. Not sure exactly what this would be - maybe a combo of things, but I need a creative outlet.

I think Liam's going to nap, so I need to make some phone calls . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies!

I never got back on here last night. I crashed I have been trying to get Hunter into the school routine and myself too.

Crystal,
Great list! Don't forget to mop the floor Hope you have a good day!

Mel,
Wonder what is up w/ Patrick? Hope he sleeps better tonight

I am not gonna be around today.... My friend emailed me last night and wants to come over today.... But I am just not to keen on the idea. When I say we have NOTHING in common, I mean it! I am not even sure why she wants to come over. We have different parenting skills, our children are totally opposite and we have absoutely nothing in common.... Anyhow, my mom wants me to go to town with her so I think I am gonna hold off the friend

Have a great day! And I will talk to you all this evening

Ricci, Lori, Angel, Spryng, Michelle, Ginny, Melinda, Kristen, Jaymi, Geri, Leigh, Jill, Cindi, Cheri, Mindee HUGS TO YOU ALL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #8  
Walking away the weight

P.S. Has anyone heard from Diane? I hope she and the boys are okay!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Penny- our posts crossed Maybe you could suggest just meeting for coffee or something with the friend - say you have plans the rest of the day? Keep us posted LOL.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leigh you snuck in on me.....lol

And to add on having another baby and being a boy...... plus being the same season

Andrew is totally opposite of the other two in terms of sizes and clothes......lol

Yesterday QOTD: One thing I don't like doing with the kids..... I guess the only thing I can think of is buying groceries, maybe..... That is the only time I really get majorly stressed out.

Today's QOTD: What would I like to do after my children are grown? Hmmm.... I guess play with my grandchildren....lol But I would also like to travel with hubby... My mom and dad are still very young.... early 40s... and they travel so I would like to do the same

Ok I really need to get ready TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:01 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Okay, I'm checking off more on my list:
DONE- breakfast, cleaned kitchen, made bed, I'm ready, kids ready, placed Avon order. We are fixing to school. I'll mop when Andrew lays down. I've got a load of laundry in the dryer. School will take about an hour and a half.
TTYL
Old 08-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I feel refreshed an ready to take on the world today! LOL... I slept really good last night and Tanner didn't wake up until 8:12 so that made for a great nights sleep!
Today I have stuff to do, flylady is suppose to start her olympics today, but I still haven't got my email on it yet so I don't know what that will entail of me. But it sounds like fun! Dinner tonight will be baked parmesan salmon. What are you all planning??

QOTD- I want to go out on the road with DH all the time after the kids are grown and gone. I also want to have more hobbies and more money to do fun things, lol. I also hope I am a career woman by then, I would love to go back to school in the next few years and become a midwife or labor and delivery nurse. So hopefully by the time all my kids are grown I am a certified midwife and loving my job!

Deana, I've been meaning to ask you, where are you at in Missouri?? I'm only 1 1/2 hrs from Kansas City myself, if you are close we should meet!! I go to Olathe all the time. And I can't believe I missed the gymnastics! That's my fav part of the olympics. Do you know when they'll be on again?

Jill, sounds like your eating went great last night! Good for you! Will miss you this week while you are at school! How come you are only going for one week??

Crystal, sounds like you are on a roll today already! And yes, 6 ft under is ending for the season. I like the show but not as much as the sopranos or deadwood.

Penny, I hope you have a great day with your mom or your friend, which ever you choose! You may have nothing in common with that friend but obviously she still thinks she clicks with you, lol, maybe she needs to talk or something.

Leigh, the reward thing sounds good for exercise, I'll have to think about that. What I really need to do is find a program I want to do, like slim in 6 or something. I'm still researching it. I saw an ad for Fit TV today, boy I wish I got that channel, I have regular cable so that must be on the digital one... but it would be great to have an entire channel for workout shows and advice! You would get a ton of variety in. Anyone else have that channel??

now someone on here was going to start trying for a baby in august... anyone remember who that was??

Mel, I don't know if I can fly at noon... unless that is noon your time and 11 am my time then that will work! Is that what you meant??

Ok, need to get off here and finish up my morning routine. Just got to make my bed and 15 min zone work! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:35 AM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I'm up and ready to go to school. Flylady really knows what she's doing cause I have never been so organized on a day I have to be to school this early. All I need to do now is get the baby up, dress her and go! So I will spend a little time writing to you all!

Crystal your coffee shop dream makes total sense to me! That would be really cool. I also understand about your in-laws. I know people think that just because they are thing then they must be healthy but that is sooooooooooooooo wrong. Good for you for seeing it that way!

Mel sorry you didn't get much sleep! I'm sorry to tell you this but I did!! LOL Sorry I had to do it! Hope you get a nap in or get to bed early tonight!

Leigh that is an awesome exercise incentive!! I think I will start doing that, not right now however since I am not going to working out at all this week probably because of school but I will start next week. I think you should dress Liam in whatever you want, I dressed Bayley in a lot of overalls last winter, she was a few months old and it was nice and easy and I felt like she was comfortable. Sometimes the elastic waistbands bother her little tummy.

Penny I hope you can avoid your friend today! LOL I always use my mom as an excuse so it sounds legit to me! I miss chatting with you at night, I hope we can start doing that again when we are both not so busy! Have fun today!

Ok QOTD: I have no idea what I want to do after the kids are grown! I just had my first so I don't want to think that far yet! I just want to enjoy my kids cause I know they will grow so fast!

Ok need to get off this thing and get the baby up! TTYL Have a great day guys!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:54 AM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Morning again.

Penny- oh- I hadn't even thought about children fitting into clothing differently, but I haave thought about seasons. Well, no conception for me from March-December!!

Crystal- you are in a productive mood! Send some of that this way . . .

Spryng- I forgot to say- only 3 more episodes of 6 Feet??? It DID just start- that's the shortest season ever! If you did the gift cards, you could use them toward craft/crochet supplies I'd love to be a midwife too - we could have a practice together.

Jill- wow- you really are organized. Maybe I should begin flylady again.

Just waiting for Liam to wake so we can get the show on the road!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #15  
**Kristin**

not a lot of rime this morning, sounds like you all are getting into the organizing and school routines! me too! me too! We start pre-school next week, and I am getting things done around here at a record pace today! on a time crunch though, gottag et grandma and get her to the doctors, pick up meds and grocery shop. Then its home to finish cleaning and nap for sydney, maybe me if I get all my stuff done..that is a great reward! HOpe you all have a great day! I will get back here after I gt sydney down for a nap this afternoon!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote