Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 03:00 PM   #1  

Hi everyone
I think #27 was getting too long!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing great!!!!!!
Weighed in yesterday and stayed the same. Was happy I hadn't gained. The manager thought it was strange that I had no response to the no change. SHe knew something was up. (Usually if there is a weight gain or lose, we will react) We sat down and I told her that I have been playing around with the same one or two pounds for the last 2 months. I have not lost any weight since I went away on vacation in March!!!!! The manager knows me very well (have been going since September) She knows that when I am ON program, I LOSE (and I lose fast) She was very motivating and hopefully this was the kick that I needed. I had bought some new clothes about a month ago, and thought by Memorial Day, I would have to buy a smaller size (guess not)
I don't know what the problem is---it is really not a hard diet at all.
I receive compliments all the time---you would think that that would get me going.
I think the problem might be that I overdo the bread and then just continue eating things with bread.
Well, I am now officially making another new goal: one size down and hopefully 15 pounds by July 4th!!!!!!!!!
I know when I am on track--I STAY on track.
Take Care everyone--and don't eat too much (at least with our weather being horrible in NY-there will be no BBQ's--and NO hotdogs!!!!!
Margaret

Last edited by maggiemay; 05-26-2001 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2001, 03:23 PM   #2  
choose it to loose it:)

Hi everyone

You are right. What the HECK are we doing!! We Know what we have to do to be sucessful and ONLY each one of us can do it. Not our spouses, kids or other family members can do it for us. If WE want to be sucessful we have to take charge or out temptations.

I have set a new goal for myslef. I want to loose 21 lbs by July 14th. I just found out that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming in town for my husbands sisters wedding. So I think I need to get busy and loose this weight. I am really going to cut back on my carbs. I have been eating to many of them and I know that's why "I" am not being very sucessful with my weightloss. I have also started to take that tri max in hopes that it will curb the carb cravings. Today was my first day so I will let you know how I do on it.

Anyone else out there taking tri max?? How well have you done with it. The gal at la said that I would be flying around the house with more energy, but I haven't felt it as of yet. I still feel tired. Go figure..

Neb2
Old 05-26-2001, 04:32 PM   #3  
Need Support

Default Hot Dogs!

MaggieMae,
Have you looked at the veggie program for L A Weight Loss?
Some days I use the vegatarian program and some days the regular one.
Sure the hotdogs are not ballpark or Armour, but with a little mustard and a slice of bread not bad. I get morningstar farms veggie dogs in the frozen food section.
The morningstar farms veggie burgers are good too. I use mustard, lettuce and a slice of tomato. Usually only on half of a bun. That is what I do when I go to McDonalds and get the McGrill chicken sandwich. I ask for extra lettuce and light mayo. I asked for extra tomato but they charged me 20 cents for the tomato. Dont need that .

Stayed the same today. I was on program, but stayed the same. That is ok with me.
Has anyone tryed the L A Weight loss Drink. This is for 2 days only, you mix 4 oz. water and 4 oz L A juice and have that 4 times a day for two day. Then you only get 6 oz protein, at least 64 oz. water, 2 LA lite bars, 2 veg that are listed on that plan. This can be done every 14 days, but it says on the bottle you can do it once a month. It is expensive, $25. a bottle, but says you can lose up to 10 pounds in two days. Suppose to burn stored fat.
Has anyone tryed this?
I will let you know how it turns out.
I will start tomorrow.
Good luck NEB2 on setting a July goal.
It is almost like food calls our name and also like at the holidays I think that I will eat as much as I want because there won't be anymore. Who says we can't make holiday treats all year. Not that I want to.
It is just like it will vanish off of the earth if we don't get our fill.
Good luch to all with your willpower.
Sharon44
Old 05-27-2001, 09:03 AM   #4  

Default I agree with you!!!!!

Yes, last night the movie popcorn was calling my name with a regular COKE! (hanging my head in shame) I'm having this hormonal thing going on and don't know what to do about it. I ate a whole medium buttered popcorn! That was my dinner! I have been craving this for 2 weeks! I may pay for it when I go back to weigh!
I'm so sick of salads and veggies. I'm looking for recipes and nothing seems to sparke my interest these days.
Going out to see about a George Foreman grill today.

I know what you mean. The carb thing is a real bug-a-boo for me too! I did OK at first, but it's getting really hard. I've averaged about 2+ lbs/ week but it's slowly getting less and less!

I have the tri-max vitamins. Haven't been really consistent with them though. I really am feeling funky these days and don't know why other than this hormonal stuff. Do you guys have a lot of mood changes and get really depressed at times? I get so frustrated with my house and my yard. My husband hates yard work. I've gotten so frustrated with my house and it all just seems to be closing in on me! I visited flylady.com.
She has some great ideas but a little too stringent. I don't think this lady works or has small children. I did visit [email protected]. It's a message board and they have some great ideas. Similar to flylady.com but it's a little more laid back. Maybe you guys might benefit from this. Even moms who work inside the home, I'm sure struggle with these same issues. I just get so tired of doing everything. I've gotten to the point I don't want to do anything except what has to be done! I resent doing the housework and being the only one who gets really upset about the house. On the weekends I get so depressed. I try to get up and do things but I do a little and just get frustrated and quit! Girls, I'm sorry to go off on this tangent! I'm just needing to vent I guess. This is probably one reason, I'm craving the carbs so bad these days! I'm an emotional/stress eater. Yes, I'm on antidepressants, but they just don't seem to be doing the trick these days. gotta get up and get ready for church! We're going to Steak and Shake after church! think of me! In my state of mind today, I don't know if I can resist the fries! I know what to eat, it's just a matter of doing it!

Thanks for letting me pour my heart out!
Janie
Old 05-27-2001, 11:36 AM   #5  
Need Support

Default Depression

Janie,
I thought I was the only one taking something for depression on this site. I take zoloft because a couple of years ago I had a panic attack driving up to Franklin on I-65. I got off of the exit and luckily new the back way to the doctor I was going to see for my foot.
I called my husband to come and get me. This is when I had gained a tremendous amount of weight at once. I had gained 50 pounds within a year and thought maybe this could have had an effect on my system.
I guess if we eat something wrong don't beat yourself up about it. I want to go to different restaurants and check out their menus to see what they offer us.
I go to McDonalds and get a McGrill Sandwich and throw away half of the bun and get extra lettuce.
Get their salad (garden) and they have pretty good fat free vinegarette.
I go to Golden Coral and get their salad and they have ff dressing. Baked Chicken. Baked potato if you feel you can handle to get one without all of the garb to put on it. I even took my butter spray with me on time. If you are going to church and are afraid to leave it in the car, take a small cooler with an ice pack in it.
I have been doing that with my lalite bars with it getting warmer out. Keep a cool water in there too.
Sometimes when I get the family something at McD's I ask for water and take my own instant decaf. instant ice tea.
I am trying to think of little tricks to help us out.
Maybe we could have a thread that lists "Simple Tricks to help us on our Journey to Weightloss"
This message board is great. I feel like I have someone else to talk to that is in my shoes.
Sharon
Old 05-27-2001, 03:07 PM   #6  

Hi Guys
I am so glad that so many of us have been responding lately to the posts. Not too long ago, people weren't posting for days!!!!!
Didn't too good today at lunchtime. I had the hotdogs!!! Boars Head--they are the BEST. Actually, Best hotdogs are awesome too!!I should have marinaded some chicken and grilled it instead. I did have a salad with it and a lot of water. I did great this morning. My hubby and son wanted Pop Tarts (a real treat for them)--I hate them, so there was no temptation with me. Anyway, I made some coffee--while that was brewing, I had an orange and then had my bar with my coffee. My husband was impressed!! I HAVE to do this. He is very happy with my progress--I am just kicking myself right now, because of the goal I had made to myself for this weekend. Well, just have to go on.... I didn't gain this wait overnight--it will take a lot more than overnight to take it off.
It is actually getting a bit sunnyright now and I see some blue sky (it has been raininy and cloudy all week in NY). I am going to head out now and FINALLY buy some flowers and veggies to plant.

Sharon--what is the veggie plan with LA Weightloss????
PLEASE let me know how the drink goes?? I hope great!!

Speaking of McDonald's salads--I remember a few months ago when I used to have them, one of the counselors used to tell me to be careful with the FF dressing (A lot of soduim) I really didn't care, because, I knew I could have had french fries and a cheeseburger instead. I don't go. My son (6 yrs old) doesn't even ask for it.
Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!!
Margaret
Old 05-27-2001, 04:20 PM   #7  
Need Support

Default Vegetarian Plan

Laweightloss also has a vegetarian plan. You have to ask for it.
I like veggie hot dogs made by morningstar farms in the frozen food section. It is with the veggie burgers. Some days I use the vegetarian plan and other days I just use the regular plan. I am on red.
I started the drink today. You mix 4oz of juice with 4 oz of water and sip on that amount for 4 hours.
And then start over until you have had 4 of those glasses.
I sure hope it was worth the $25 I spent on it.
Someone said they were take a tri some at la weight loss for $79. Suppose to give you more energy.
I wonder what they pay at laweight loss to work for them?
Maybe it would be cheaper to get all of the weight loss stuff. Of course they may want someone who has lost all of their weight. But there is a counsler there who is on it,but does not have as much to lose as me.
If you like hot dogs try the veggie ones if they are available in New York. The best hot dogs I have had are in Michigan. They are Koegals. Yummy!. Some things you need to get use to for something that will be better in the long run like our bodies.
Years ago I use to use sugar in coffee, tea, on grapefruit , on cereal. Now I don't even miss it.
That is what I am trying to work on with my mother.
I am going up to Michigan in July for 2 weeks. I will do the grocery shopping. I want no sweet or snack foods except my treats. While I was there in April I checked on la weight loss for my Mom.
They didn't have one there and said she could do the at home plan. The at home plan would not work for me. I want to feel accountable to my counslers everyother day. It is 25 miles to laweightloss. But it will be worth it in the long run.
Anyway I got on the laweightloss.com site and keyed in my Moms zip code and there is now a center close to her house. About 5 minutes. I want her to join so bad. She has at least 80 pounds to lose.
She had found out she had cancer two weeks before Christmas and my brother and I flew up the next day to be with her. She was very depressed. Her surgury was scheduled in January to remove one of her kidneys.(that is where the cancer was).
Went back up there to help her out for a couple weeks. Neighbors, relatives, friends were all a big help at this time.
When she felt better a month later she thought she could get her own mail and fell and broke her ankle.
She crawled up to her house to call a friend to take her to the hospital and stayed with her friend for 6 weeks. Easter vacation came up and I asked my husband if I could take another trip to Michigan so I could get her back into her home. Her cats had been without her for 6 weeks. Friends took care of them.
Anyway I went back up and that was the week she got her cast off.
I think if she was not over weight she would not have broke her leg. I am trying so hard to get her to do this. Sorry I am rambling on like this. But parents sometimes are like kids.
Good luck,
Hope you like the veggie dogs.
Sharon
Old 05-27-2001, 05:22 PM   #8  

Default THE JUICE

Sharon,
Let me know how the juice goes. They won't let me have it at the center here in Gallatin because of my antidepressants. I hope you do well on it, because I'd like to try it. I've been on antidepressants for the last 10yrs. It hit when I least expected it and had to take a month off of work. I gained 50# over a 6 month period on Zoloft and Prozac. My doc took me off of them and put me on Wellbutrin and Celexa. Works well. I actually feel normal, if there is such a thing!

Went to Steak and Shake, ordered my usual Double with cheese, fries and chili with a Coke. Ate the meat and half of my bun, a few fries and a cup of chili with some oyster crackers. Only one glass of COKE. Usually I can inhale the whole thing and get a small shake afterwards. There are just a few things that are sacred, and Steak and shake is one of them (HA). I'm trying hard not to beat myself up because it was a choice I made; not a good choice but a choice! I gotta get back on track!!! Emotionally, I'm drained right now and don't have the energy to make a decision. I need a vacation!!!!

Talk to you later!
Janie
Old 05-27-2001, 05:54 PM   #9  
Need Support

Default RE:Juice

Janie,
I have not had to bad of a day on the juice.
My daughter had her tonsils out friday and so she wants me near her. She wants to be on top of me.
She is sleeping now and I am trying to get my laundry done and dinner.
At about lunch time I had my bar and sip on the juice a glass every 4 hours .
We have been watching alot of movies the last two day. Disney. In search of the Cast a Ways is on now. Got it at Wal- Mart for under $10. Have not seen it in years.
Yes, Dont beat yourself up for what you had today. NOt eating all of it is great. Good for you.
That would be quite an accomplishment for me too.
I will let you know how the juice works. Why did they say you could not have it.
I am on zoloft 50 mg which is a very lo dose.
I know about feeling normal. I could not drive for a while until they put me on zoloft. Sweaty palms, rapid heartbeat and could feel the hard pounding in my chest. And feeling scared for no reason. Wow.
Talk Later,
Sharon
Old 05-27-2001, 08:20 PM   #10  

Default JUICE

Sharon,
They told me I couldn't do the juice because I was on antidepressants, which I don't understand because there is nothing in it that will react with the meds. I almost got to do it the other day until one of the counselors came in and said NO. She was going to call the "control center" and ask the nurse why I couldn't.
Have you tried an express day yet? I did a day and a half of the take off. Anyway, lost 2 lbs on that. I'm going to have to accept this as a way of life for me. I refuse to go up and down and be miserable. I don't want my daughter to see that, the way I did with my mom. My mom "grazed" a lot. She'd be in the kitchen late at night cooking or in the peanut butter. I'm on this "take care of yourself" kick right now. My son gave me a pedicure from Dillard's for mother's day, so I took my daughter, Devon and we went for mom's pedicure. It was great, I must say. She wanted one, so I gave her one this afternoon (soak, clip nails and polish). She's so funny!
Have you taken your kids to see Shrek? It's so cute. I laughed so much. It was really nice to get out with my family last night. We had a good time. We don't get to go to the movie very often. It's so expensive.

I hope your daughter is doing OK. How old is she? My son had his out when he was 2 and it was a nightmare.
He had a lot of ear infections and strep throat, so they took our this tonsils and adenoids. Since then, he's only had one or two ear infections and he's 5. It was a miracle cure. It was just hard getting a 2 yr old to take medicine every 4 hours for pain, and to drink liquids!

Well let me know how the juice goes. You are on a low dose of Zoloft. It's a good drug. My OB/GYN took me off of it when I had gained so much weight and it was down hill after that. Guess I'll be on A/D for the rest of my life! Oh how fun! But it's no different than being a diabetic though. I just don't have to give myself shots!

Well gotta go and find something in here for dinner.
Talk to ya later!
Janie
Old 05-27-2001, 10:44 PM   #11  

Hello. I'm new here. I've been with LA Weight Loss for almost 3 months. I've lost 15 lbs. I really need to work on getting more consistent though. For the last month 1/2 I've been losing and gaining the same 3 lbs! My starting weight was 217. I'm now 202. My goal weight is 145. I'm a 35 year old mom of two (daughter-7 and son-3). Looking forward to having some "buddies" on the same weight loss program!!
Old 05-28-2001, 02:27 AM   #12  
Need Support

Default Janie

It is 1 in the morning and I am still up .
I did pretty good today on my juice.
We will see tomorrow how I do and then weight in on Wednesday. I looked at the ingredients in it and looks like fruit and vitamins. Dont know what could hurt you? Guess I am not a doctor.
Heather is 8 and Ryan is 13.
Yes we saw Shrek and loved it.
Saw Spy kids too and liked that also

Hi SusieQue,
Welcome to this site. I am on L A weight loss also and love it so far. Lots to lose, but taking it one day at a time.
Sharon
Old 05-28-2001, 06:59 AM   #13  

Default Welcome

SusieQ,
Welcome to the site. Yes there's lots of support here! LAWL is a great program. "It works if you work it"
I know what you mean about consistency. I've been on the program about 8 weeks. I'm down 15#. I started out at 247, going to 170 at least. I just want to get there and see if I want to go further. I'd actually like to get to 150 but we'll see. It's hard to break old habits, but that's what this site is all about. You can come and verbalize your frustrations and admit your "oops" days, and no one chastizes you!

Good luck to day Sharon! I may have told you that I have Justin 19y/o, then Devon 9y/o and Steven 5y/o.
Have a great day!

Happy Memorial Day! I'm on my way to work today!
Whoopee!

Talk later,
Janie
Old 05-28-2001, 10:38 PM   #14  

Hi Guys
Didn't do too well today. I woke up early (6am) and for some strange reason, I got up and started cleaning the house!! I put on a pot of coffee, cleaned up the kitchen, turned on the dishwasher and folded AND actually put away about 5 loads of laundry!! At one point, I got really hungry and drank a glass of water fast to fill me up--didn't work--when the coffee was ready, it really hepled. I really didn't want to start eating at 6:30 in the morning. Anyway, how I did bad--we met my cousin, hubby and kids for dinner, and went to the Outback Steakhouse. Me and hubby had never been there. So, needless to say, I went off. They have a blooming onion--WOW--that was awesome!!!! But--I DIDN'T have dessert. I came home afterwards, planted more flowers, put on some cofffee and I am now having a cup of coffee and my nightly bar. I really loook forward to it.

SusieQ--welcome---you are doing great. Like Janie said--it works if you work it. That is VERY true--I know when I am REALLY on the plan--I LOSE--but, I kind of have been stuck in a rut lately-so, obviously, I have not been losing--BUT, I have not been gaining either. I have lost 45 pounds since September--I have not lost any weight in about 3 months--my own fault. It is so weird--I have been seeing so many people I haven't seen in so long and they have been complimenting me on how great I look--but, inside I don't feel great, because I know I could look even better.

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!
Margaret
Old 05-29-2001, 07:35 AM   #15  

Default Hi, Everyone!

Wow, I have missed a lot. I was busy over the weekend. I am doing much better. My center was closed yesterday so I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I know I lost because I weigh at home. I am so excited. My father in law came for the weekend and he didn’t say a thing about my weight loss. I don’t get it I have lost 65 pounds since he saw me last. It makes me wonder if I was so huge no one will notice. I though he would say something. He has never been to nice to me so I should have expected this. I try not to let him bother me. I guess I was hoping for a compliment or something. It did push me to do extra good all weekend though. I better go now. I have to get ready to baby sit

Maggiemay, My goal is 15 pounds by July 4 also. That is what I need to get to my goal in time. I will be right there with you! I lost fast at the beginning as well and lately I have been fighting with the same pounds also. I started exercising a lot more and it helped me get over the hump. Don’t worry about the hot dogs. I recently had pizza and I just decided that I deserved something off plan. Don’t best yourself up we all have slip ups!

NEB2, Let us know how the Tri Max works.

Sharon, I did some of the veggie program at the beginning. I can’t eat eggs so I ate 1 veggies sausage for my ½ protein on the red plan. The counselor I had then told me I could do some of the veggie plan. I eat the veggie burgers a lot because they are easy and give me the taste of a real burger. Did you ask for a copy of the veggie plan? I may have to ask for one myself. I saw those veggie dogs and thought they looked pretty good.

Welcome Susieque!! You will get so much support here!

Karen
Closed Thread