South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - August 14 and 15

Hey! It may NOT rain today according to the forecast. That'll be a nice break. I have mold growing on my gardening boots!

I had a really quiet day on the homefront yesterday - some sewing, dog petting and a nap! It was great! I did a roast chicken for dinner with more beans from the garden. When I was picking them, I discovered the first tomato, a nice big beefsteak! They're starting up!

This morning we have a Church meeting at Claire's house with muffins and coffee and serious discussion of our financial future. There will be kids and dogs and laughter - I'm looking forward to that part as a window of silliness for the day. I have a tiny bit more sewing to do but also plan an afternoon nap!

What's happening chez-vous? Grab a coffee and chat a bit.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:17 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

grrr just lost my post and have to start again.

Morning Ruth you sound like you have a busy day. We are having rain here like crazy.

I am up and have turkey bacon cooking and a pot of noodles as I need to make a pasta salad for my step fathers 60th birthday party later this afternoon. A big pot luck not looking forward to that. A dieters nightmare. I am hoping that I can stay strong. I weighed myself this morning and lost 5 pounds so I am hoping that will keep me on track. I am off to take the kids school shopping first and my oldest dd is getting her ears pierced. Then I need to drop her and her friend off at the movies then scoot out to the party, then back to pick them up. Then home where I plan to dejunk the puter room. Then hopefully when dh gets home from work we will go pick the wall paint for my new bedroom and try to get some paint chips so we can decided on a floor color. I think I would like to have a navy blue floor and pale blue for the walls. The day is proving to be a busy one. Plus I have 3 extra kids for the week end. I am keeping my friends kids as her and her hubby have gone away for some alone time. She always takes my kids for me so it is mine turn. Well I must go check on my bacon and stir the pasta I will check back in later. Have a great day and welcome back Laurie missed you and your wonderful posts.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, my. I'm up early to go the cottage, Ruth. Can't drink any coffee because it's a two hour trip.
Why is it that when I have nothing to do, I can easily get up at 5:30, but when there's something pending, I could sleep until noon?
Have fun at your church meeting!
I'm going to clean out my car. I should have done it yesterday, but I like to live on the edge.
Have a wonderful weekend, girls!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:22 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ellis have fun at the cottage.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #5  

Hi Little Chick! We posted together...
Your new bedroom is going to look lovely!
Take it easy at that potluck, sweetie!!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:30 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stay warm, ellis! You don't want to come home with a bladder infection.
I worry about your physical health since I've given up on your mental health! Please will your brain to science.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #7  

God bless you, Ruth. I'll get my cranberry capsules right now!
As for my brain... perhaps you're right.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #8  

I am gearing up to clean my home and then take advantage of the day we have between hurricanes. We have had rain all this week and today is our break before hurricane Charley dumps heavy downpours on us tomorrow.
The weekend is always hard for me to stay on track. Visiting with people who put out chips and cookies always leads to temptation. But I picked up a veggie platter to bring along today so I can munch and gab and enjoy the night.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Had a very good week, foodwise. Hope to keep the momentum up this coming week.

Today is errand day. Going to Costco and then to the farmer's market...which is really a multi-cultural market...lots of Hispanic and Asian stuff. Looking for yummy veggies and eggs.

Plus I have a memorial service for a fellow handspinner this afternoon.

This weekend promises to be beautiful. Not so sure about next week, though...depends on the direction Charlie (or Clyde as I've decided to call it...Bonnie and Clyde) decides to take.

Chilichick, I don't think we've met. But...Hello!

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #10  

good morning everyone!!!
supposed to be a decent day here in ohio, kina cool and sunny. well yesterday turned out to be a REALLY bad day!!! i had lots of errands to do including school shopping eye dr etc. well i went to walmart did my shopping came back out to my car to discover some A$$HOLE had keyed the name Jason in my rear drivers side door!!!! i just got this flippin car in may!!! i am on payment number 4 in a huge book of payments and my insurance deductable is $500.00 grrrrrr i was so upset!! i had the boys with me of course and i was just standing there choking back tears. i went inside walmart and asked for their security the door greeter says well they don't like to get involved in things like that. what????? i didn't ask them to pay for it i wanted to report it so they could be aware in case i wasn't the only one. i ended up flaffing down their security and a police officer in the parking lot and filed a report with both. so needless to say i was pretty darn upset. i'll take it to my cousin's body shop on monday and see if it is worth turning into insurance or if he can just do it cheaper. dh went out on our date later and i drank 2 beers (big regular ones not the tiny half pints) ate fried fish and later had popcorn with butter at the movie. i am totally bloated today!!!

ellis have a nice time at the cottage!!!

laurie welcome back!!! we missed you!!

morninig ruth, lc, chili and mama and everyone else yet to post. have a great day!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #11  

Good Morning....

Ahhh... the weekend is finally here!

Ruth Your meeting does sound like it will be lively. Have fun!

Ellis Safe travels, your weekend with your friend sounds divine! Are you forcing her to buy your trashy magazines for you? BTW, my DD is only 2 1/2, so she is heading off to my mom's for our date tonight.

Laurie Welcome back! You KNOW you were missed! I noticed that your weight signature just keeps dropping- you are almost in a new "decade"!

LaurieX I will post the recipe for you here in a bit. Does your DD like to paint?? That would be a perfect activity for today, it keeps my DD occupied for hours!

LC 5 pounds down?? That is wonderful! Just keep reminding yourself of that at the potluck today!

Mama Sounds like you are well on your way of meeting your goal of more OP days than not.

DD is ready for breakfast... back in a bit!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #12  

Morning, gals! I've finally got a chance to let you know that the hurricane missed Tampa so my sister there is fine. Now I just have to worry about my other sister in Charleston, SC. But it looks like it is past her already and she is inland enough. Can you believe they have named Danielle already and they now have Tropical Depression Five? It will be a busy hurricane season.

It is nice and cool this morning so I'm hoping to head out for a long walk after breakfast. I've been adding lots of vegetables and it definitely has broken my plateau!
Old 08-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody!

Was pretty good yesterday and still am up the weight. Had 5 bottles of water and 2 cups of tea, too. I cooked dinner for Terry and actually got approval! Most of the time when I make something, I get the "Well, it'd be better if......" speech. Last night, I made buffalo chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits with the recipe from Red Lobster. Only thing I wanted to try was the biscuit, but I didn't! And I filled up my man and the only thing he complained about was that I didn't serve it to him naked. Have to remember that for next time. Not.

Mom is back in town from the trip to Upper Penninsula, MI. Apparently I have souveniers! And, my aunts and uncles bought over $300 worth of Pampered Chef stuff. Good thing I haven't quit yet! I guess they all got together and gave my mom a $350 gift certificate to Pottery Barn.

Mom's all excited that I wear a 10 now because she's down to an 8, and she can give me her hand-me-downs. *****. Just kidding. It's inspiring for me, since she's slightly taller than I am and can get that skinny, then so can I, right? If I can get rid of the 2 extra lbs I have on me from pigging out 2 days ago! Plus, free clothes! She just bought a lot at Kohl's and now she's too skinny for them. Darn. Free clothes for me. Such a shame!

Anyway, that's all I have. I'm going to go try to find something for breakfast. You all have a fabulous Saturday!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default Hello girls

Not much going on here, cooking up a storm preparing for tomorrow. I plan on having a small indulge and then being strict again.

It's great having family here and I'm trying to soak it all in. I just have to say my grandsons are the cutest little stinkers. They love "dramma".

Have fun on your weekend travels Ellis, drive careful.

Mama, when you going to publish something for us to read?

Ruth, how are the girls?

Weezle, way to go on the new clothes!

Beachgal, how are the bunnies?

You all behave this weekend!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #15  
Believe it & Achieve it

Default i'm back, again!

hey chicks, I am back again. This time with a vengance. On my weight that is.

I was doing pretty good with doing the SBD and WW combo until the school year ended and now I am home for the summer and could'nt quit cheating, it's a boredom thing. I was also not following SBD to it's fullest and was eating to much of the naughty stuff. I did'nt gain any weight but I did'nt lose any either. Thank Goodness! Sooooo, this past Monday I put myself back on SBD only, I just can't seem to make a go of it any more doing the combo (I want to eat, eat, eat!).

I've actually done really well. The first night, I was good until bedtime and then I had 1/4 c of ice cream (ugh). Next night good until bedtime and then I had a small (and I mean micro) brownie. Double Ugh. The next night, no cheats. I just said No, No, No! Last night.........I refused to give in. I dug in my heels and literally propped the blue book on my lap while nibbling on some nuts and cheese and turkey. Talk about sweating bullets with that darn pan of goodies in the next room.

Today I am bloated like a big old cow. So i am drinking a ton of tea and water. Part of the problem is PMS and part of the problem is that I did eat some frankenfoods yesterday, I had a serving of soy chips and a LC pizza pocket for lunch. So, now I am glugging tea that it laced with B Vitamins to sans the bloat and the grumpy monster that appears once a month. LOL.

Not much else going on, just working my other part time jobs and taking care of the kids (I work 3 jobs now which is part of why I've been AWOL from the site).

I am hoping though that I will be on more frequently on a regular basis.

Kids screaming, chat later chickies! I've missed this place and all of you!
Closed Thread