Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #1  
Certified Diva

S/C/G: 204.2/162.6/145

Talking Hi! I'm NEW!

I'm anxious to get to know everyone a bit better! I'm hoping I can get here a good bit!!! I've been on WW since 9/03 but derailed a bit for 6 weeks - back on track and feeling GREAT!!!

So, what does everyone do for exercise?? What's your favorites?

Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #2  

Hi Demi,
I am new to this website as well. I have been on the WWs program since Feb '04 and am 7 lbs from my goal. I exercise everyday of the week. One day a week I take a yoga class, several days a week I swim, and everyday of the week I do a 45 minute cardio workout and alternate a leg and arm workout. I truly enjoy working out, a huge change since before I started WWs. It has really helped me to feel better.
What type of exercises do you prefer?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #3  
Certified Diva

I enjoy the elliptical a lot and I go to Ladies Workout Express - I also enjoy the WW DVD's, Pilates & Yoga....however, I'm a very new beginner at Pilates and Yoga!

Nice to meet ya!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome DEMIgirlie!

I do pilates and belly dancing and have just recently started working out with hand weights to try to tone up my bat wing arms
Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #5  
Certified Diva

I used to do belly dancing - I was 17 at the time! Who knows, maybe I'll get back into it one of these days!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #6  

It is great exercise and helped me to lose a few inches off my hips and butt

I am not very good at sticking to the gym but I go to dance class faithfully.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:25 PM   #7  

I recently began rock climbing and have found it to be an AMAZING workout!
Like nothing I've ever done before. It also gives me an incredible feeling of accomplishment and self-assurance!
I recommend it highly as a great challenge whenever you're up to it!!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:18 PM   #8  

I've wanted to try that - my husband used to do it until he had surgery for an unrelated shoulder injury and he is not allowed to do it anymore. He really misses it.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #9  
Certified Diva

I've always wanted to try that too....but I've also always wanted to parachute!!!!

Hmm...I think there's a place near here...heck, my gym I believe offers that...might check into it!!!

(after I've lost some weight! LOL)
Old 08-11-2004, 12:03 AM   #10  

Wink

I've been doing the elliptical with stretches and crunches before hand. My daughter and I are joining ww's this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I am glad I found this website because I like that everyone seems so friendly and supportive. That will help alot especially when I'm not doing well on the diet or something like that. My being a woman, I'm very hard on myself and my own worst critic. I'm glad to have 'met' you and good luck on reaching your goal.

Cathy
Old 08-11-2004, 07:18 AM   #11  

Hi to you all. You all seem to be doing great on WW, and with all the exercise that you do. I have to admit that although the weightloss seems to be going pretty well, the exercise side of it is something that I really must do more of. I do enjoy walking, and do it when I can, but going to the gym seems, for the moment at least, a thing of the past. My little boy, 3, is very demanding and takes alot of time, as well as my job, I must dig out some of the old aerobic videos, thai bo etc, and try and do a bit of that as well.
By the way, demigirlie, I've done a tandem parachute jump for charity, its is the most exhilarating and terrifying thing I have ever done. Never again though. I am doing at the beginning of October what we Brits call an abseil (going down the side of a building attached to a rope.) I'm not sure it's going to give me a great deal of exercise, but maybe another big fright!!!
Anyway, great that you have all found this wonderful site, you are right, the support on here is fab. Good luck to you all.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:58 AM   #12  

Hi and welcome to everyone!

Dawny is SO much more sporty than me! (she does the things that I would secretly like to try, but probably never will!)

However, since I have been on WW (4 weeks), I have started walking much more - I'm sure this is really helping. I have lost 1.5 inches all over which I think has been helped by that. Also I bought one of those lateral thigh trainers off an infomercial, and try to get on that at least 5 times a week. It doesn't really work my waist much, but I have lost 1 inch on each thigh. My trousers are already hanging so much nicer.

Good luck to everyone, and come and join us in the "support each other" thread! Its like a meeting online!

Fiona

Last edited by ThisISMyLastDiet!; 08-14-2004 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:46 PM   #13  
14 lbs to go!!

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a pedometer that only counts steps and I am aiming for the magical 10,000 steps a day. It is a bit challenging to do this since I live in a cubicle every weekday. I am keeping track by week, so actually the aim is for 70,000 total per week. I also work out to Richard Simmons tapes
Old 08-14-2004, 09:52 PM   #14  

I love to use the ellipitcal machine..while watching the tv of course, otherwise the boredom may take over.
Rock climbing is amazing. It's adrenaline pumping and scary...but when you get to the top or even if you just get further than you did the time before, it gives you a huge boost of self-esteem! My husband loves to rock climb, in fact he teaches rock climbing classes, so I owe him thanks for getting me started!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #15  

Hi, I am new too. I just joined today. I was hoping to meet new people on these boards. I have been doing WW at home since Sept 2003 and have lost 32 pounds so far on my own . I dont exercise like I should. but I do try. I have started a running program but I do that off and on.

Well talk to yall later
cody
Closed Thread