Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Around the world with 80 chicks - 3's the charm

Welcome one and all as we continue our journey of chatting chicks. This is our third spin around the world.

If you've kept up with us thusfar, you know our "virtual homes" have been pretty fancy affairs. Lots of room to move around, spread out and get comfortable.

This time around we are featuring one of the gardens. Do come and join us for a gentle afternoon stroll (we do our jogging early in the morning when it's cooler), afterwards we'll have tea and some great conversations - always something to say, whether it's truth is stranger than fiction - the stories of our lives, gentle hugs , support and the occasional when needed also abound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GardenPath.jpg (37.3 KB, 70 views)
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

jeez the garden looks good Happy. Looks like one of those Kinnear paintings!
I was going to give the view from the terrace. Can do that anyway seeing as I was going to start a new thread but really didn't have the time. Going down fast with a big dose of sinus headache. Send some rain to humidify things. Anyway if I am not back tomorrow, I'm in bed with a headache. Back when I can.
Here's the view from the terrace. Wonderful garden, great view, where in the world are we???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I don't know where we are but the views and lanes are breathtaking! Thank you so much for our new home!! I thought the painting was Kincaid? lol

Happy~ So nice of you to think of shad's busyness! Always the thoughtful one. Good thing too as I have no idea how this is done! Butterflies, mischievious squirrels and hibiscus blooms! Loved the posts and the pictures they conjure up. Poor DH and his 4 footed friends! LOLHope the dirt stays flat! LOL Maybe he should put out a wee sigh for them to KEEP OFF!
Yes I agree with him. Seems like the shortest summer in history and the need to get out is urgent!!! LOL

Shad~ Hope this finds the sinus headache a bit better. Meds and rest. My neck hurts from all the sinus probs. You could use a bit of a rest I am sure. "Call me Barbie" I cracked up with that comment. Must admit I have never heard of that holiday. Hope the pc is feeling better too!!!Tempermental things aren't they?! LOL I read about the carb control. I have the same problem. Start with bread and potatoes and off we go to fat land! My 2 favorite foods too. Good luck with weaning them down. Hope the ARSE you fell on with the shelf removal feels better!!!((((((((((HUGS))))))

linus~ We are so sorry for your loss and send more hugs. Last night I wasn't sure who's loss I was crying for so I stopped reading and went to bed. Hope the weather clears up and your pain subsides again. (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Teel~ Holly makes a good hedgehog watchdog!!! Who is bigger?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh how cute. The pic is adorable and well she probably knows it too! Have you tried or thought about herbal sleep remedies?? I'm not knowledgeable of them but just thought of them. I know many who have tried them in the past with some success. Friends of mine that went through meno long before me. Hope this passes. I have this prob with many drugs I tried in the past too. In the beginning the 1st pill puts me OUT then after that it's NO-DOZE land! Good luck and ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Meadow~What is an on-line walking club. Am I the only one who doesn't know???? Pray tell. Inquiring minds and all that jazz.
I used to love Leo Buscalia from PBS TV. Great motivational speaker. I used him to get me over the divorce and stay out of the wheelchair for as long as I could. Now I am browsing around for peace of mind from thoughts of fear of the unknown. I think I found some good ones too. i used the Edgar Guest quote from you on another website. It was very inspirational and a friend really loved it. Thanks again for sharing that. It remains hanging near my PC and as my siggie on the other site!! I am never far away from it. I even dragged it here before you came!! LOL

Well chicks, I think I am caught up. Did not feel up to shopping. Teel was right....I was out and about so much I wore myself out since Friday! So today is rest, dvd and some reading if the sinus eyes allow! Have a great day and see you all tomorrow. But the eye doctor first! Going to order new glasses tomorrow too. I think I'm ready. TTTT (ta ta till then)

NAE where are youuuuuuuuuuuu????????
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 AM   #4  

Happy, it's not MY uncle who is gravely ill..it's poor Linus's.I wonder how he is getting on?
Thanks for guiding us to the new home, I must say the garden looks absolutely beautiful, and as for the view from the terrace...WOW!!
We are having lots of thunder storms and lightning and rain these last few days. Nice for the gardens but I bet all the children are moaning like mad with their school summer holidays turning into a washout!!
I have just had a very good op and delicious lunch...I made it all by myself! The usual tomato and mozarella salad with chicken and red onion and cucumber and sultanas (am I the ONLY ONE who loves sultanas in their salads?) with a dill and basil vinegarette. Hopefully it was as low carb as I thought it ought to be. Breakfast was as minute an afd=fair as I could possibly make it...1 Shapers "cool mint nougat & dark chocolate mini bars...44 cals and 1.7g of fat per bar". They also come in strawberry flavour. Scrummy!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  

Miss Mel...how did you sneak in there when I wasn't looking? When I started my post you weren't there, and when I hit the submit button..there you were!! I do hope the sinuses are clearing up somewhat. Life can be extremely miserable with sinus pain. As if you don't have enough to contend with already
Its raining here again I really need to go to the supermarket but I can't be bothered to get all dressed up and saunter out into the wet. I'll have to conjure up something delicious for dinner with the quorn mince I have just retrieved from the depths of the freezer. Not sure what yet. My fridge is looking decidedly empty so I can't put the inevitable off for much longer... I suppose I'd better get round to making a shopping list Since I had a good clear out and moved the tallboy I use as a cookery book shelf, I feel rather inclined to go through some of my cookery books and do a bit of experimenting. I get SO bored eating the same food all the time..but I need a good kick up the u-know-where to get organised!!!
Ah well...better be off for now....as Mel nicely said "I'll be back tomorrow...t.t.t.t!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh dear, I swear the brain was thinking Linus, Linus - yet the fingers (which often work independent of the brain) apparently typed in Teel. My condolences Linus...

Sounds like we are all in a good need of some comforting food, hot tea and a few boxes of tissues perhaps. Euchalyptus is also good for the sinuses - have yourself a nice soak. I think you all could use a bit of relaxing time anyway.

Yes, the picture is indeed Thomas Kinkade - Afternoon Dogwood. It was the first painting of his I ever saw and I really, really, really wish I had purchased it when I first saw it. It's one of his most popular paintings, is my all time favorite of his and now it's at least 4 times it's original price and well out of my relm of affordability. Even the paper prints are pricy. I just love that pink tree...

And... oh my, I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the view from the terrace here. Water is my absolute favorite and I would be happy to spend the rest of my life wearing a potato sack and farming my own garden for food if only I could be near to the sounds of the surf. Ahhhhhh. Sometimes makes me think that maybe we should consider moving back to the east coast in the state of Rhode Island where DH comes from . But.. there are other things there too that make us say ummm maybe not.

Teel, you sound like you are just Viva La Cook lately I will join you for tomato and mozzerella salad any day. We don't have sultanas here but we do have raisins and I love raisins in my salad. I often add a bit of raisins and some sunflower seeds for a bit of chewy and crunchy to the veggies. I also make a nice summer salad with dried cranberries or cherries, almonds or walnuts, some mandarin orange slices and a nice raspberry vinnegrette on a bed of baby spinach or spring mix greens. It's so refreshing. Also goes nice with poultry or fish. Keep up the good work - you are doing wonderful on your challenge. Oh and that picture of Holly was soooooooooooo adorable!!!! I'm not much a dog person myself, rather prefer cats mostly but I can see how she would just steel your heart away

Mel, I know the future is scary, I do hope you found some good books that will give you strength and courage to face what's ahead. I know that you are backing off the office where they ask far more than they give, but I hope you also find the sense of purpose we all need in life. If only the answers were right there for us to just look up by doing a Google on the Internet. Wouldn't that be great?

That's why our virtual home here is so important. Not only is it more beautiful than I could ever afford, but unlike real life, I truly love my neighbors here Maybe because they are kind, considerate and decent.

Shad, I hope you are feeling better or maybe just getting some rest. Does the hot tub at the gym help? Sinus season is just around the corner here and I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe Meadow is right and you should get away from the construction stuff for a bit tho I know you are eager to have it finished off. Good luck on the job hunt too, I am sending some positive karma your way.

It's near time for lunch, better go fix something tasty and healthy. I wait until it's the last minute, then I'm starving and looking for anything to stuff into my tummy. Not a good method.

Hellos to Linus, Nae and Meadow, will be back later...

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-10-2004 at 03:26 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #7  

thought id provide the veiw from the back window hope this works as this is the first time ive done this
kirsty

Last edited by linus; 08-10-2004 at 02:01 PM.
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #8  
Radiate self!

Hi Everyone, I adore the new digs

Mel-how are things with your luxury wheels? Everything running smoothly? (fingers crossed) The walking club is something that is being offered by a magazine up here in Canada(Chatelaine mag. They are offering regular email tips, a diet plan and some other freebies that are nice, I will be getting a step counter in the mail two months from now and I can go to a store and pick up some sort of walking kit. Every time you enter a walk you are entered into something too. I am hoping that it will be another push to get me going. We shall see.

Shad-sorry you are not well, do you have a vapourizer you could run to moisturize the inside air? You need the rest after all your stressful week, I can't believe you ripped out carpet! The dust and crude under those things :P

Linus-my deepest sympathy to you and your family. It is awful to lose someone. Long days ahead, be well. Shame that your weather is letting the summer down, we are having blasting heat here (my latest excuse for not working out... I'm sweating just sitting here )

Happy-hope you made some good healthy choices for your lunch Totally know what you mean about the money stuff, why does everyone seem to have tons and no worries? We have debt and the overdraft swinging above our heads all the time! Thank you for this new view, a change is always enjoyable! Was it motivated by your visit to the butterflies, what a lovely weekend you had. Reminded me of when I saw a double rainbow, I was in awe of the beauty of mother nature

Teel-OMG! When I read your post about the hedgehog I just gasped. We don't have them here. Do you have badgers too? So great. Reminds me of the program "Forever Green" with Pauline Collins and John Alderton. Great show. Have you seen it? I actually just bought the "Thomas and Sarah" DVDs that were the continuation of "Upstairs downstairs" with Pauline and John in it. That part of the series never showed here, looking forward to viewing them, two of my favorite actors

I am thinking about exercise, so my brain is getting a work out should be downright brawny by now in there :P I will be jumping in the pool with the kids and being mommy dolphin so that should count as physical exertion on some level. How many calories are exerted packing 35 pounds and 60 pounds of children alternately on your back around a pool equal? I want to get another walk in but my excuse for that is I will have to put a bra on and some makeup because well, I will be seen by the neighbours, so that is holding me back, could happen, I'll let you know

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #9  

Oh I like this new place. I meant Kinkade not Kinnear. (Obviously thinking about the Aussie writer Thomas Kinnear at the time.) With his gardens, Santorini backdrop and Linus' view from the backyard of THE castle on her doorstep, we are indeed spoilt. I could stay in this home forever. As Happy says the neighbours are nice too. Could one ask for more???

I saw an exhibition of Kincade paintings in Sedona, AZ. I do like them, but some are just a little too nice for me. But I love the light he gets going on things like the pink tree in our yard.

Sinus is almost gone. Left feeling a bit dopey and washed out. So today will be odd job day, nothing wihich requires thinking. Hope someone does not ring up about a technical job today. When sinus hits, the only thing I can do is to use the Vicks inhaler, that helps alot - sort of menthol stick that you plonk in the nose and sniff - I found one in Britain also but it was called Olbis or something not Vicks, or use the Vicks Balsam ointment dissolved in hot water and sit there with a towel over your head and the bowl and breathe. Other than that, headache tablets and sleep is about all that gets rid of it and I had more than 10 hours sleep yesterday. It's so dry here right now, we are into bushfire season already. The Firies (where's Mel?) were up at Hatton Vale on the way to Toowoomba last week and narrowly averted 6 houses being destroyed. Last year the bush fires were around Sydney and the Blue Mountains, the year before Canberra copped it. This year looks like being our turn. Such a terrible thing bushfires.

The carpet I ripped up is in the hall. I only had to take it back to the end of the 3 bedrooms. When the floor is finished it will go back until DS2 can afford to have the rest of the floors done. He suffers with nose problems as well, so getting rid of the carpets is a good idea for him and truth be told we don't need them up here. It doesn't get cold enough. Let's face it, we've not used heating in the winter in the last 16 years (that's how long we have been here) Most people need cooling in the summer, but in winter, a jumper or sweater or track suit, and an extra pair of socks and slippers is all you really need.
So on to today. It's show holiday in Brisbane today so there won't be anyone around to take any calls about jobs here, and Sydney seems to be the only place doing much in the way of training these days. I'll check out a few and apply for a few and start ringing the temporary agencies tomorrow. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong, but I really do not want to relocate to Sydney. You've got to have some quality of life and for me that's not in Sydney.

Mel, the future is scary, but I just know you will approach with your dogged determination to do the best you can to defy and deny the medical profession. It's hard enough facing the great unknown without the problems you have. You have my utmost admiration in siezing this time and this day. You know it's interesting to note that when I read the journals (I don't comment that often these days) Those with the biggest problems seem to take life and its various idiosyncracies more or less in their stride, they are usually older and appear to have more decision making cells and less of the poor me cells in the brain box than some of the others. That's not saying the other don't have problems, they don't always seem to have the problem solving capabilities that the older people have. Is it something to do with the way we brought up this generation??? I sometimes think it is because we made do and imagined the unimaginable and created it, whereas these kids had it given to them, they didn't have to think. Or is it just that they lack ambition and dedication and the go get em mentality and think that the world owes them?

Anyway enough of this. Linus, I hope you are getting along okay and coming to terms with your loss. It's never easy to lose someone or something you love. It's hard to believe that you will not see or hear them again. That eternal silence. Please do not go overboard keeping yourself busy in order to pass the time. No ladders, pitchforks or jack hammers please. You need to heal the body as well as the soul.

Teel, go with that cooking girl. I use both sultanas and currants in my salads, and while they are high in sugar content, currants also have an enzyme which is good for the blood. I forget which it is, but I know that it has some healing properties. Everything in moderation and portion control - except bread and potatoes hey Mel??

Poor DH happy, feeds the squirrels and is really nice to him and they reward him by digging up his garden. Pesky little critturs. We don't have them out this way. We have bearded dragons, lizards and possums (I won't say what I think about possums - the wildlife section may be watching). Did you finish with what you were doing around the base of the tree? Can we see or do we have to guess???

Meadow, that online walking thingy seems a good idea. However the motivation to move has to come from within which means you have to get up and do it. Swimming is great and no doubt moving the kids around the pool does get rid of some of the calories, but sustained swimming - as in 25 lengths of the pool would be better. It really is hard to get up and go when you also have children to look after. Can you join a gym with a child care centre and go a couple of times a week? Or hire a treadmill for the house? How many children do you have at home during the day - oh silly question, no doubt they are all home for the summer holidays!!!

Okay, I think I have screeched and preached enough this morning. My fingers are running away with me again. Goodluck to all of us in our new home. With views and gardens such as we have this time, we can not fail to be inspired. Oh and one more thing - spring is springing in my garden. The first of the jonquils is displaying its beauty and fragrance. It will fade very fast. They don't last long up here, but I do love the fragrance and the wonderful cluster of white flowers. Have a good day/night/sleep/loving or whatever takes your fancy.

Last edited by Shad; 08-10-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #10  
Happy September

Good night Chick in our new home for the first night and good !st morning Miss Sunshine!

I adore the new place! Now we have a rear view!! Thanks Linus!
I read the posts and now forget what I read! sinus is under control but the silliness is not!

Teel~ I love the cook books but read them and then never open them except to read them again! Have fun experimenting! When you hit on a good one let us know! I need a list and shopping is Thurs or Fri. sun is still abounding over here! Hope it peeks out of the clouds for you and Linus too!

Happy~ I would love a manual on live. What do you think??? Maybe we could all write a chapter?! Jen and I like to try things on for size as we call it. So that is why the books and cd's. We don't like surprises without having the ammo ready so to speak! I have found a true home here with you gals and feel the love many times over. I thank God you and Shad found me adrift in the journals. when I get up in the morning I feel like I am conming home!

Shad~ We spoiled the beggars and gave them everything we never had thinking we were doing the right thing! They never had to imagine, fight or work hard for what they wanted as kids. I find them lacking in common sense, lazy and just plain not caring at times! Brutes all of them!! god help us cause some day they are going to be running our countries!!!
Don't ya just want to scream GET ON WITH IT YOU ***!!??????
I am laughing now but sometimes I find it all incredibly too much for words! Hope you are feeling better as well! rug removal is bad for YOUR sinuses too! Loved the jonquils on the journal part. Beautiful pic. Hope yours are as nice! LOL Spring has sprung!!!

Meadow~ I bookmarked the site and will take a look tomorrow. The chair is already broken in and the batteries are being re-charged as I type! It performed very well at the mall yesterday and I didn't run any little old ladies down!
Screw the bra and just go for the walk. A little bounce is good for the neigjbors! Hope you got to go.

Linus~ I send youthis from Thornton Wilder. I always liked it...
"There is a land of the living and a land of the dead, and the bridge is love." I think we keep them "alive" with our good memories and thoughts. I found this many years ago when my brother died. We were only 1 year apart and I thought I lost my soul. Hugs and much love we send to you from my home to yours.

Gotta get my *** in gear and get ready for bed. Eye doctor is tomorrow and ordering the glasses. I think I said this already! Have a great wednesday no matter what time it starts!!! adios my favorite chickies!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:50 AM   #11  
Radiate self!

Default We can do it!

It Couldn't Be Done
By Edgar Guest

Somebody said it couldn't be done,
But she with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but she would be one
Who wouldn't say so till she'd tried.
So she buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On her face. If she worried she hid it.
She started to sing and she tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and she did it.

Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that;
At least no one has ever done it";
But she took off her coat and she took off her hat,
And the first thing we knew she'd begun it.
With a lift of her chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
She started to sing and she tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and she did it.

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.
But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That "cannot be done," and you'll do it.

"Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes, And a brain to use if you would be wise. With this equipment they all began, So start for the top and say, "I can." You are the handicap you must face, You are the one who must choose your place, You must say where you want to go, How much you will study the truth to know. God has equipped you for life, but He Lets you decide what you want to be... Courage must come from the soul within, The man must furnish the will to win. So figure it out for yourself, my lad, You were born with all that the great have had, With your equipment they all began. Get hold of yourself, and say: "I can"."

~ Edgar Albert Guest (1881-1959)

Last edited by Meadow; 08-11-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:09 AM   #12  

Ilost the whole darn post.

It was loooooong. I'll come back later.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #13  
Happy September

Talking Mel's day at the races

Meadow~ Edgar sounds like he's talking about me! That's how I got so "involved" downstairs with the offices and maintenance. Then once they Boss-types" realized they didn't have to be here every day it was Call Mel and she'll come and "fix" it!

I had a great time at the eye doctors!! Sad I have no REAL life huh? There was all good news and a tiny bad. Good first.... The rosacea is not in the eyes at all and they used a big machine to make sure this time! I don't have to take the meds unless I run into a problem. Tears are actually getting produced on their own, not great but they are there. Irritation is almost gone except the allergy/sinus crap. The cataracts are hardly even changing but that is a double edged sword though.... good for no operation now but bad that they are affecting my vision somewhat. But there is nothing any of us can do so I must wait. For now I will put them out of my mind!
OOPS! Hit the wrong button and almost lost this whole thing!
The bad news is the rosacea is in full bloom on both sides of my nose. If it so much as wanders a teeny weeny bit he wants me to take the pills again for 3 months no arguments. I have to be vigilant with drops and compresses 4 x's a day and we'll see what happens. If I want something with coffe in it it must be decaf and only once or twice a week. He suggested weekend treats. They all told me these new glasses will not make perfect vision. my eyes are so different from each other that it would be impossible to correct them to my liking. So they have my glasses and will try and get them done ASAP. About a week or two. He is sending them out to a lab somewhere.
(sigh) I told them all about my books and I am ready to deal with anything! As a treat I do not go back for 2 months but he said we were making a deal. If in 2 months he sees that I haven't done the drops/compresses then we go back to once a month.
I promise I'll be good

Everyone loved the new buggy and wanted to see it perform tricks. The Dr's were cracking up at my comments of innuendos!! Nurses wer almost ROFL with tears in their eyes. Many asked health questions and later gave me many compliments on my attitude. I said it's been very bad lately and a lot of anger and they said I have good reasons and maybe I should re-think just WHO is angering me and go from there. A new slant on the problem that has given me much to think about. They are right and I realized it as soon as one started to say it. Freedom in my mind!!! I also got some inner peace!

Teel~ Hope to see the longer version soon!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-11-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 PM   #14  

Morning all - actually it is nearly afternoon here. I've been busy and haven't got back to the site. Actually I tried to get in early but the ISP was down again. So I rang the techies and listened to the answer machine for a while and got steadily madder and madder, then all of a sudden noticed that the orange light on the modem is now green so have another go and then hang up the phone. Hope they are going to give me a refund on downtime for the month!!!!
The sander/floor man is back at the house today and I had to go down and let him in. He will put the first polycoat on today and will be back tomorrow for the second. It looks good. Colour has come up as a many coloured wood floor ranging from deep red brown to ginger to honey blonde. Lots of different hardwoods in that lot. Anyway it is looking good so am pleased at this stage. I took the DS down there last night and I think he is pleased as well. Didn't say much - but grinned a lot. After tomorrow it will be left to cure for 5 days and then they can move the furniture in. Yahoo.
I enjoyed the poem about starting to sing and tackling the thing. It is so amazing what one can achieve if one puts one mind to it. I don't say that I am a plumber but I can now put in pipes, allow for runoff and know what to ask for when selecting the necessary parts. It's not that hard. It is however time consuming and while I guess your average plumber can do it a lot faster than me, he can't do it cheaper and he doesn't care about the result as much as I do! The same goes with carpentry, tiling and painting. It takes courage to start the process but once there you just plunge in and sort it out. The worst that can happen is that you stuff up completely and have to get the relevant bloke in to sort it out, laugh at you and charge accordingly. I don't do the structural things, and if the object has a warranty then I get the appropriate bloke to fit and install. Warranties can be void if one does it oneself. I also don't touch electricity since I know nothing about it other than it can bite.

Mel, good to hear that you are getting out and about and enjoying that new chair. It is great to hear. Glad also to hear that the eyes are no better and no worse. You must be doing something right or you would not be standing still, you'd be going backwards.

Teel, how many times to I have to tell you to copy your work before you submit it. Do I have to borrow LindaT's cattle prod and come on over to drum it into you? Now there are no words of wisdom a la Teel this morning. I miss that.

Talking of missing - where is Roseblush - 'Nae?????? She is becoming an infrequent visitor and I miss her posts regarding racoons, woodpeckers and deer.

Not much else to talk about today. I'm not at all sure how I feel at the moment. If you know what I mean. I sort of floated through my weights this morning. Didn't think I was going to finish, but got determined about it and wouldn't give in. Sort of tired, sort of out of sorts, sort of not quite with it. Best go and get through the daily routine I guess. I can't just sit around all day. It would undo all my good work at the gym. Jason the torturer was talking to me about his dance classes today. I had mentioned that I thought there was a gap in the market place for people over 40 and who were single - women mostly who want to travel, want to do things for themselves and want a new lifestyle but are not sure how to go about it. Jason mentioned that there was all these women at the dance classes and not enough men and he was wondering where to dig some up from. I thought of MEL and suggested the fire station for off duty firies, the Army, Navy and Airforce or Police college. He laughed but the wheels are turning. I suggested to him that they put on food, that'll get the buzzards there. Supper is a good thing!!!! Think he needs to put me on the payroll!!!

Okay, the washer has finished the towels. Best go hang them out, then start on something other than here. Not sure I can be bothered with the Journals today although I should log my food I guess.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:38 PM   #15  

Please Miss Shad, it wasn't my fault I lost my post yesterday! Actually I don't really know what happened! I was trying to upload a file and not really getting anywhere 'cos I couldn't make it under 50, and suddenly I had lost the whole darn thing. I had a completely different web page on mental health issues! I haven't a clue what happened there...but I was going pretty mental having lost a long post, I can tell you Actually, Shad, I am not very confident about copying my work...I am not sure if I am doing it right....
Anyway, here I am again at 04:00hrs, a bit later than the usual 02:00 but I have been up and down like the proverbial yo-yo all darn night. This sleep pattern of mine has become such a boring b"$*#y nuisance. I don't know what has caused such a rapid change but now I have a constant headache...perhaps it's the weather...the change of pills...the moon cycle!?

I was pleased with myself yesterday...I went swimming at long last and did 10 lengths and had a jacuzzi afterwards. The water was super and there was only 2 other people in it.
Meadow I loved the tackle and sing thing! Thanks for putting that up for us. I like the idea of the online walking club. Sounds great and a real incentive to get out and take a stroll.
Mel sorry to see your rosacea has out in another appearance...are you getting too much sun?? Great though that is has not affected your eyes. Have you recovered from over-doing things yet? Yes? Good. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!
Happy I loved the picture of the Thomas Kinkade. Beautiful. I confess I have never heard of him before. I don't know much at all about art, I 'spose my brain wandered off in the music direction...
No hedgehogs tonight! Last night they were out and about at 22:00hrs. First there was a large one sitting on some leaves and branches of a spreading ground shrub...he took an age to eventually take refuge in the shrub itself and the dog (who thinks out of sight is out of mind and stopped making herself hoarse barking! ) finally shut up and went to sleep. And I went to bed. Only to be woken up three hours later with Madame doing a repeat performance! So out I went, torch in hand, to find a smaller version of the one earlier (little sister?) siiting on a small pile of weeds and leaves I had pulled up earlier and left on the paving slabs right under the lounge window, about 12 inches from Holly's nose...thankfully seperated by double glazing!! And that heggie wasn't ready to go anywhere, so I got her in a towel and put her next to the bush where the first one had taken up hiding. Thankfully Holly can't see through bushes yet!!
Where has our Roseblush got to then? Perhaps she is chasing a racoon!
Okay. Back to bed for a while...as Mel so elequently said...be back soon....T.T.T.T.!!!!!