South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 06:44 AM   #1  

Default It's Monday! Let's chat...

Morning chicks...

A less than stellar weekend of eating for me. My meals were all planned and OP, but I am slipping back into my horrible habit of evening snacking. (Eating crap when I am NOT hungry). I feel gross, flabby, and bloated this morning. UGH! On the brighter side, my OP lunch and snacks are packed. Dinner is planned and marinating in the fridge.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that Monday is good to you.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Talked to my Aunt Sally in Washington state and got an email from her. Seems she has a friend who has rescue llamas and alpacas. Well, knowing how much I adore fibery stuff, AS got me 13 pounds of alpaca for 3.5 CENTS per pound. That is a totally unheard of price. And here I was, already to drag myself down to the local alpaca ranch and buy some for about a zillion times that price! Glad I resisted.

Anyway, she's coming out for the fall/winter to celebrate her big brother's 90th and then her 80th birthdays. Since she'll be here for quite a while, I invited her to come stay with us for a week or two. It'll be a blast.

Didn't do so hot yesterday, foodwise. Had that leftover lamb roast and made a shepherd's pie for "the boys"...it smelled so yummy I ended up having some myself.
Today will be better. I have cottage cheese, smoked salmon, hardboiled eggs and some salad greens.

Kiko, I'm so with you, dear...my dh loves to snack in the evenings and it's been total #ell for me to resist joining him...especially when the red tide is on the rise.

Ok, time for my shower, etc.... You all have wonderful day on the Beach!

Welcome to you new beach babes!

Mamacita
Old 08-09-2004, 07:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks

Kiko, I know what you mean about evening snacking. Last night was not OP for me at all. Sounds like you got the day well planned. Have a good day!

Mamacita, That's great about your Aunt Sally with the alpaca. She saved you a lot of money there!! Looks like you have your day well planned. Have a good one!

Yesterday, I snacked all day, ate the wrong food. Blew the whole day, but today I'm determined to get back on track.

Take care all!
Patricia
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Attitude makes all the difference!
So go ahead—think positive!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:49 AM   #4  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Good morning ladies,

It was a very stressful week with my dad's health. After being in ICU for 3 days then Drs. finally determined that the internal bleeding was coming from an aneurysm in his abdomen. They've finally have stopped the bleeding and hopefully will be moved to a regular room soon. Thank you to everyone for your prayers....they worked yet again. Oh and the tumor he had removed from his bladder came back negative for cancer. WOOHOO!

I didn't have such a good luck OP this weekend. It's tough when you are visiting someone. I tried to give the temptation of the rice krispie treats, but gave in...I figured I had already fallen off plan with the egg and sausage casserole and the flavored creamer for my morning coffee so what was a little more sugar. Yesterday wasn't as bad.....fruit, nuts, soy and flaxseed tortilla chips and chicken and cauliflower for dinner. Well it's all showed up on the scale this morning....up a few since last week. I guess I will just have to cut back on the good carbs this week to get back to where I was. Bummer!!!!

Kiko-I too tend to snack a lot, especially when I first get home from work while I am cooking dinner. I have been a snacker all my life. It's a tough habit to break, but you can do it!

Mamacita-You don't hear of many people buying alpacas out here in the east. Do you have a farm with lots of space. Will you keep it for the fur or just as a pet?

It's a beautiful day in here NoVA. Looks like it'll stay nice for our house hunting early this week then rain later on. I've got to jump in the shower and get ready for my day.

Have a great day on the beach ladies!

Sheila

Last edited by Shequila; 08-09-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #5  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hi Islander-We posted at the same time. I'm with you about getting back on track. It feels awful when you work so hard for a while then get weak once and slip up once and bam gain a few pounds back. Have a great day!

Sheila
Old 08-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies.....it is a bright and sunny day here. A little chilly but nice none the less. You can almost feel fall in the air, which is odd since we have not really had a summer yet. Kiko I am right with you on the feeling gross, flabby and bloated I got on the scales this morning and I am up about 7 pounds.

I think since I updated my profile which is where I have to go after I post. So I am back on track this morning I choked down two boiled eggs this morning. It has been quite some time since I have had breakfast but I did manage to do the eggs and had a cup of tea. Today is a day of planning and then off to the store to get some more beach friendly foods. DH is back on the plan with me as well.

Mama- what do you do with all the fur??? I am not a very crafty person I do a few things but unless it is something that is done quickly I lose interest. Although I am going to try my hand at scrapbooking this winter.

Morning Islander hope you get yourself back on track today... Why is it so easy to over do the bad stuff but how often do we hear ourselfs saying I over did it on the celery.

Well chicks I will return I need to go put another load of laundry in. Everything was so wet from the week-end. Camping in the rain. The kids had a blast though.

Have a great day.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning to all,

Looks like it's going to be a perfect summer day here, sunny and in the low 80's with no humidity! Yesterday was a great day, too, thank goodness. We had a birthday party here for our little granddaughter who is turning 4. (How time flies!) More kids showed up than RSPV'd, but we had plenty of extras, so no problem. They had a blast in the pool and playing in the playhouse. After they left we had a BBQ for the "grown-ups". I had 2 veggie burgers (one on a bun and one without) with some salad, so I feel I did OK. For dessert I made the Strawberry Cream Cheese Squares and bought some SS FF ice creams so I wouldn't be tempted to eat Birthday cake. The Strawberry dessert was absolutely delicious, and was a huge hit. I'll definitely be making it often.
I'm doing a load of laundry now and waiting for the bank to open. I have a coffee can full of change I've been accumulating over a year, so I want to cash it in for vacation. Should be close to $200 in there! That's about the only way I can manage to save money, by emptying my loose change into it. DH and I have a special jar that we just save quarters in, and in just one year we had enough money to finance most of our trip to Cape May! It was an easy and painless way to save money!
Supper tonight is Chicken Braciole with steamed broccoli. You just flatten some chicken breasts and lay a slice of provolone and a few fresh basil leaves on each one, I also add some sundried tomato, and roll them up and secure with toothpicks. Then spray them with Pam and bake. Quick and easy. I should get out in the flowers beds and do some deadheading on the dahlia's and petunias, and cut back the echinacheas that are finished. With allthe rain and cooler temps this summer, my flowers have been spectacular this year. Hope DH can remember to water them while I'm away next week!
Kiko: Did you decide on a minivan yet? I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander last year that I just love! It's considered a small SUV, and it works out wonderfully with transporting 2 little ones around, with their carseats and stroller and all.

Mamacita: What a great buy on the alpaca! What are some of the items you make with the wool?

I've gotta go and get the load out of the dryer before it wrinkles. See you all later, and good morning to everyone I've missed.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

Sheila, good morning looks like we were posting at the sametime. Glad that your dad is doing better. We will keep sending prayers and hugs your way. Good luck house hunting.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:00 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

Cottage I guess we all are on early this morning. Good for you on the eating yesterday. Can you post the recipie for the squares? I save my change in a bottle as well but I use it for the kids lunches for school. Well I must go get this load in. Have a great day.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #10  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by little chick
Sheila, good morning looks like we were posting at the sametime. Glad that your dad is doing better. We will keep sending prayers and hugs your way. Good luck house hunting.
Thanks so much Little Chick. The house hunting is new for me and a little overwhelming. At least I am doing this with my boyfriend who seems to know what he is doing.

Sheila
Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 2"

Sheila, I'm sorry you had a stressful weekend. So, glad to hear that they were able to stop the bleeding and that your Dad's tumor results came back negative. That is so awesome! Your Dad and family are in my prayers. Today will be a better day OP.

little chick, I had to update my profile this morning also. I had to add 5 lbs. to it. Frustrating. But we will lose those extra pounds that we some how found this morning. LOL I know, that celery just didn't seem to hit my lips last night. Darn!

cottagebythesea, Sounds like a nice weekend! WTG on not eating any birthday cake. That's great about having the extra money. Smart planning on your part. Supper sounds yummy...thanks for the recipe!

Take care all, and enjoy the day!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:38 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie fly-by this morning as it's Gail Day!
Sheila, I'm so glad things are im proving for your Dad! No wonder you were off program.
Chicken Braciole - sounds great - and I have chicken, LF Provolone and fresh basil!
I'll try to pop back in later.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #13  

Good Morning all.

Had a good weekend here. Got all the stuff out of our old houses attic and over to the new house. That needed to be dine. Stayed on program although yesterday I must have had something in my Chineese food that made me more hungry lastnight. I had OP foods just a little too much of them. Also did not do well yesterday with water. Oh well off to a new day.

Have any of you tried the Custard in the SB Cookbook. It is faboulous!!! I highly recomend it. Different and I added a little SF Carmel syrup.

Here is to everyone staying on program today. We can do this together.
Hugs to all
Old 08-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies! How is everyone this morning? I'M ON VACATION! (I know, you all know that already, but it just feels really good to sleep in until 8:20 and not have to go to work!)

Went to the store yesterday. Bought all kinds of Ph2 items and didn't spend NEAR as much as I usually do. Had my first bagel in over a month yesterday. Mmmmmmm. Was very nice. Haven't checked the scale yet today....waiting for the computer chair to give me a "boost" here.

Bought a new kind of tea yesterday. It's Celestial Seasonings.....Madagascar Vanilla Red. It's rooibos (pronounced "roy-bus") tea, and it's very good. Different.... not your average tea flavor. With a packet of splenda, tastes like a good dessert tea.

Speaking of tea, need to go make myself a mug of green tea to start my day. DF is watching TV in the other room already, so I think I'll go join him! He's got that 2nd interview at Lenscrafters today so everyone keep praying (or in your case, Ruth, keep those boobs crossed!)

Have a fabulous day!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #15  
cac

Hi all,

I am back from my vacation. It was a bike tour; I worked everyother day on (managed to bike 120 miles in the week). Let's just say it was a carb fest. I am back on phase I. I am ignoing the scale for a day or two. I don't want to get discourage by the number. One nice thing is my clothes (I think) fit a little better. I go to the gym today to do 40 minutes on the elepse.

Next Sunday is our yearly homemade icecream party. Four of us make home made ice cream with all the trimmings and invite our friends over. It is a blast. I have to figure out how to play it save all week as I make the ice cream.

Sheila - sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

cac
Closed Thread