Old 08-08-2004, 12:32 PM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Thumbs up I think I've had an "epiphany"!

So ladies, I think its finally clicked for me and I thought I'd share as I think this is a major accomplishment in my life!

I've been back on plan since the end of June, and something is just different this time! My whole mentality towards losing weight has changed. I have come to the realization that this is a LIFE change not a diet and that its okay to have bad moments or bad days, and the biggest change is that those bad times don't throw me off track anymore. The old me, after having junk food or not working out, would just give up and I'd feel so guilty after every piece of crap I ate. If I had a bad day, I wouldn't dare enter it in my food journal, I guess I thought if I couldn't see it, it didn't happen. However, the new me tends to think much differently. For July, I did really really well, YES there were bad moments and some "bad" food thrown in as a treat, BUT if I had a bad meal - I would get back on track the next moment I could rather than thinking "well I've already screwed up today so now I can eat whatever I want". I don't think that way anymore!! I get back on track the next chance I get and am fully confident that I'm going to succeed this time. Even if I do have a bad day, I still journal it.

Something has really clicked for me, I dont want those bad foods anymore and if i'm having a bad enough craving, I'll have it and it will taste good but I know its a treat, not just eating it because its there and its easy. And for working out, I can't get enough of it.. I know I haven't lost much weight yet but its how I feel.. I feel great, I already feel like a new person and I can't wait to see how I feel as I progress further along this journey. I'm actually happy with my new lifestyle and don't feel deprived at all... That to me is amazing.. As before, I always felt deprived when "dieting". I know that its going to work this time... Prime example, I didn't get to the gym this week as I was working the late shift at work... but I'm headed right back there today, rather than giving up. For eating, I've had a horrible past couple of days and honestly I don't feel guilty, I know I'm doing really well and they're in the past.. done with and that's life. NOW, I'm right back on track. I think I've finally accepted that treats/bad food will always be a part of your life and the key is moderation. It doesn't mean because I've had a bad meal or day, that my whole plan is ruined.. Far from it actually, its helped me make the distinction that this really is a lifestyle change and I think its working for me..

My grocery cart looks great these days... I'm making such wonderful choices and like I said before, I feel great! I havent' said that in years and that's how I know its different this time. I've never been more committed to anything in my life, and I WILL DO THIS! ****, I AM DOING THIS! And, I couldn't have done it without you guys... THANK YOU! Thank you for being there and welcoming me back to this board with open arms! Every person here has helped me in some way or another and you deserve a pat on the pack for helping it "click".

Sorry for the rambling.. had to get this off my chest.. I'm proud! I'm doing it for Real this time!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Yep Celina... It's weird.. Something just clicks! I went through the same thing..

Now THAT's PRICELESS! Great job!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #3  

Hey Celina

That's fantastic.....I'm so glad that you are feeling so good about yourself, and your lifestyle. Long long long may it continue!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Yay for Celina! I'm so happy for you... hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to feel the same way. You GO girl! :toast:
Old 08-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm so glad, Celina! This has happened to me in the same timeframe. I"m glad we're all in this together, it makes it much better. Congratulations!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #6  
Jen

Thank-you Celina and major congratulations! This is some of what I was trying to say in my post and you have said it so extremely very well.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

oh my... this is FABULOUS!!! so much energy. i KNOW you'll do this. step by step.. i'm so proud of you!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Br00klyn, I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful and honest person. It's really great when someone can come on here and tell if they haven't been the best at their plan. It's very inspiring to me since I'm new here and really don't know what is ok to write. You know you have found home when you can write I didn't stick to my plan or I didn't do my work out and not have anyone put you don't for being lazy/weak. I know the hardest part for me is my work out. I feel really Great when I do but it's just getting started. The other day I ran across a thread here and the person was Rocky's Trainer. It made me LOL so much!! I got up and did them!! It was a kick in the butt. In such a clever and nice way. I was just avoiding not doing them I'd think to myself I walked here and there that should be good enough. I love how you wrote it's a Life change not a diet. It's so true. Thanks once again. UR DOING IT !!!!!!!!! I wish I was well spoken for your words moved me.
Mez ( waiting for the workout click to hit her)
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Celina, that is great news!

I believe successful weight loss is 90% psychological - and your 'epithany' will really be the defining factor in your long term success.

Well done you!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Celina - that is GREAT!!! Good for you. I am so proud of you girl!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Woohoo. Sounds like you're doing so great. I'm glad it's clicked for you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #12  
Abby's Mommy

Celina, Yay to you for keeping you spirit up, and sticking to your plan!!
I know how good that feels! This morning after my weigh in, I was preparedto go to the kitchen and pig out, which is ususally my monday am ritual, b/c weigh in is over. Instead, I fixed myself a cup of coffee, and sat on my deck to listen to the birds for a few minutes of peace before my little tempest woke up! I thouroughly enjoyed myself! Then later, when I *felt* hungry, I had a sensible breakfast! Well, I just thought I'd share that. It feels good to take care of yourself a little, right Celina?
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Mez.. You feel free to write what you like. If your On-plan, Off plan, having a good day, bad day.. Whatever you feel! We're here to support motivate and encourage you!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #14  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize
You know you have found home when you can write I didn't stick to my plan or I didn't do my work out and not have anyone put you don't for being lazy/weak. I know the hardest part for me is my work out. I feel really Great when I do but it's just getting started. The other day I ran across a thread here and the person was Rocky's Trainer. It made me LOL so much!! I got up and did them!! It was a kick in the butt. In such a clever and nice way.
Mez ( waiting for the workout click to hit her)
Hey, Mez, I'm Rocky's Trainer! (Couldn't you tell by my nose? ) Ok, now I need to come up with your very own fighter name for when I repost another Rocky Challenge! I think you're doing great, Mez -- it takes time and repetition to change old behaviors and create a new habit. I can completely relate to work-out's being hard. I struggle with that, too, but I just tell myself that I'm going to feel so great about myself afterwards -- and I feel it during, too! It's just the getting there part that's the toughie! But we'll get there together, as long as we support each other! I think you're doing great, I really do. Don't be hard on yourself.....and make sure to come here and share. None of us is perfect, and we all have off or hard days.....we can all relate, I promise!! I'll be back in touch with that fighter name for you, I promise!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:16 PM   #15  
Live for the Moment!

Awww Mez - Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad I could have an impact on you.. I mean really, that's why we're here right? Support and Encouragement and Inspiration! You'll get there too hun, don't you worry!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote