Old 08-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#553

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning all! It has been raining here all night! It is cooler today. The past couple have been 87 degrees with humidity to die in. Have I mentioned what a B1^@H I am when it's hot??? Well, I am and most people know to avoid me like the plague when it's hot outside.

I was up early and went to the Chiropractor this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and couldn't get rid of it for the life of me. Well, he didn't get rid of it either. I guess I'll have to break down and take something for it. It's one of those "I can function" headaches because my neck is so tight. Can you say STRESS???

Skittles: Too bad you pass up that machine at the garage sale. I just know I'm going to love it! Or let me say that I'm going to MAKE myself love it! This is going to be the turning point for me on the exercise front, it just IS!!!

Lucky: Have a good day at work. I'll be thinking of you while I'm here being a slug. Well, not really. I have a lunch job and one more little one to do today. Nothing too much to deal with.

Gotta go. I still have two reports to do from yesterday. See you all later. Love ya bunches.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #3  

Halo chickies!!!

Hope this finds everyone doing very well and smiling?! Sorry that I have been absent this week, but it's just been crazeee I tell ya *L* My son started skateboard camp on Monday for the week and the park is over half an hour one way, so I have spent at least 2 hours a day on the road, plus my running errands and such...need gas in the truck already and it's only Wednesday *LOL* I have also been making phone calls for my mom trying to get everything around for her move later this month or early next month. Then there has been the painting of the bathroom which we finished *YAY!*, and all of the baseboards and doors downstairs here, which I am still working on *BOO!* I sure have missed you gals though and trying to catch up on all that's going on in your lives...you all have been so busy!

kat ~ Really great to see you back and posting hon! It sounds like you had an awesome view and good time, but oh lawsy, do I ever understand what you mean about getting back and sleeping in your own bed! *L* The longer you are away from home, the more you miss ye ol' homestead hehe It's almost as if vacation is the best at (other than letting you get away from the everyday hustle and bustle) making you appreciate what you have at home. Then, hopefully, that realization is enough to keep you going until the next vacation when you can get away and remember it all again *LOL*

BarbPA ~ Woohoo!! That's awesome news to get from the doc...I am sooo very happy for you and ever so glad that you got that second opinion! What a great motivator for you to keep on your working out and losing weight track too It's all going to work out for you...I can just feel it! Have fun in Atlantic City! Just make sure that you make it to the hotel in time to watch Big Brother...the twins are coming out! *L* You will have to tell me some really good places to go in Atlantic City when you get back...we are planning on taking vacation there next year.

Lucky ~ Glad that you got your green ball replaced! I actually ordered a silver ball with a base from www.fitter1.com and use that as my home office chair...I am sitting on it right now typing to you *L* It is actually better for your back to sit on one of these because you sit straight up and this one has 1000 lbs capacity, so I know I am not going to break it *rofl* It can be used for exercise as well, but I have never really used it for that, other than sitting here bouncing up and down every now and then, especially while chatting on the phone I find myself doing that *L* Maybe I should give it a try, though. What type of exercises do you do on yours? Do you have an exercise tape or do you just make up your own exercises?

Skittles ~ Welcome to our little group hon! Really good questions that you asked too I do not do any water activities, but I would have to say that my biggest motivational ploy is to try to stay as positive as possible. I have a really bad habit of being really hard on myself, so I always try to look on the bright side and keep on telling myself, "I can do this!" when I overeat or don't exercise enough. It has helped I also have really found this group instrumental in keeping my spirits up! It's great to know that you are not the only one going through like issues with weight and to be able to come in here and read suggestions and tips, to lament on how much we hate to exercise unless forced at times, or just lend and ear and help support someone else. I really hope that you like it here and that it helps you as much as it has me

thin ~ hehe It's actually a great thing that your mom is off and running already and your having to rein her in from wanting to "don her cape". It would be much worse if she were lying around feeling sorry for herself and getting depressed, so kudos to your mom and your support for her in that! We looked at wallpaper last weekend, but I am still unsure exactly what I want...haven't seen anything that I just had to have, ya know? With wallpapering, it has to be something that we are going to be able to look at and live with for a very long time, so we are not rushing into anything until we are sure *L* I have been wanting to sponge paint my dining room and glad to hear that you have used it and like it so much...that gives me more hope to know I can do it too! Thanks hon and hope that headache has gone away!

Sorry that I don't have time for more personals right now, but you all know that I am thinking of you and I hope you all have a really awesome day!!

Kit
Kitaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:25 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Checking in with a bit of info:
I was at my local Scams Club and found a large size bag chair. In case you want to call your local Club and check to see if they have them, it's #64578 Mossy Oak, Oversized Arm Chair, Model FH04, $19.88.

Just thought I would let you all know. BTW, it's a camoflage type print.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:34 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

SCam's Club?

Love to stay and chat but I'm off to pick the boy up from football practice.

...and so it begins once again...driving, driving, driving...at least I'm not running around in this heat, in football gear, sprinting, doing push ups, sit ups, squats...

see you later!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:22 PM   #6  

Talking

I don't know what is wrong with me!

I decided to come here and confess!!!

I exercised!

Yep, ME

I am so frickin excited I could scream.

I stopped at Wal-Mart, got home late, put my purchases away, changed clothes, took out the garbage and STILL went walking - 2 miles. I just kept having this thought - "just do it"!!! I think Dr. Phil is working - I read the book and listen to the tape!!!!

Okay, I still haven't had dinner so bye for now, I just HAD to share.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

YAY LUCKY!!!!

Sorry, no time for posting today. Hopefully I'll be able to stop in tomorrow before we leave for Atlantic City. We'll be back on Saturday afternoon!

Love to All!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:54 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow

LUCKY !!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I am soooo proud.

THIN... You are such a sweetheart. You are always taking care of people..... Your mom, you family, your friends family, and US. Thanks for always thinking of everyone. Make sure you make time to take care of yourself. {{{HUGS}}}

KIT KAT and Skittles... I have one word for you3. MMmmmmm

Gotta run. Be back more often soon.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy!

Lucky: Now it's MY turn to fall on the floor. YOU and EXERCISE in the same sentence!!! WooHoo, girlfriend! My machine should be here by the weekend and then I'll give you a run for your money!

Katrina: Yup, Scam's! We've called it that ever since they opened here.

BarbPA: Hope you guys have a wonderful time in Atlantic City. Relax and take some refresher time for yourselves. You certainly deserve it! [[[hugs]]]

2cute: You're soooo kind! I'm actually going to take a little time for myself tomorrow and have lunch with Susie. It will be nice to sit and not worry about anything for an hour.

Gotta run. See ya later. Love ya bunches.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  

Smile

Good Morning!

It is another beautiful day here - well, maybe not for Lisa. They said on the news it got into the 30's up North!!! Sure hope they took long johns!

BarbPA: Have fun in Atlantic City!!!! If you win big remember I am still available for adoption!

Old 08-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #11  
Lisa

Wink

I'M BACK!

WARNING this is going to be a loooooonnnnnnggggg post - I have a lot to catch up on

We ended up leaving on Sunday night - I was so excited to go that when everything was packed I told Em "let's leave" and we did . I'm glad, too because Monday morning we got about 2 1/2 inches of rain. It rain down into our egress window and all over the basement. My poor daughter was home alone with Isaac - she was beside herself. Anyway, she got ahold of my dh and he came home right away. What a mess!!! He's now dug out or egress window to redo it and hopefully that won't happen again! I know that if we'd have been home we surely wouldn't have been camping - I'd have been cleaning up water mess!

So, we left Sunday late and made it about 1 hour north of Duluth and found a small campground to camp at for the night. Was nothing special - just a place to sleep. We did set up the solar shower so we could shower before bed. Boy that was something! Showering under the pine tree - BUTT naked outside - what an experience . Sunday night was pretty uneventful. We had supper on the go (Burger King ), set up camp and went right to bed.

Monday morning woke up, packed up and hit the road. Stopped for Breakfast near Lutsen - eggs, hashbrowns, toast and sausage was pretty good! Then hit the road - once again. We didn't really have any particular plan of where we were going to stay. We were just going to drive, explore the campsites and stay at the one that we liked the best. So . . .we ended up about 40 miles NW of Grand Marais - interpretation = out in the middle of freakin' nowhere! We decided not to go into the BWCA because I didn't want to do the whole canoe/portage thing - and didn't want to spend the $$ to rent the gear. Anyway, the first campground we found was supposed to be really private, but it was full - and on a lake that had some houses (about 5). So - not what we wanted.

We went back and turned down another road and found heaven . There were a few campgrounds (if you can call them that) with in a few miles of each other. All of them were on lakes. The one had only one campsite on it - right on the water - was beautiful. Only problem was there weren't any tree's to provide shade. The area up there was affected by the Blowdown 7/4/99. So we moved on. We found our campsite and set up. Man it was so beautiful. And we were soooooooo alone! There were only two campsites at the campground we chose. Later in the evening a couple of guys came in an RV w/ their boat. They stayed that night and I'm kinda glad they did. It was pretty freaky being two girls out there all alone knowing that there isn't another person near by for miles and miles and miles. Anyway, that first night was uneventful. We were so tired that we had salad for supper, and went to bed before it was even dark out. Of course we had to take our wilderness shower first. Under the pine tree! What an experience! AND peeing in the woods - you haven't lived 'til you've peed in the trees

Tuesday we went back into town to shop the little shops. Nothing but a bunch of toursist trap crap. Didn't by anything - well, 'cept some FUDGE . On the way back we stopped at a beach along Lake Superior so that Em could swim. I know the water is BUTT cold, but she had fun. We picked up a bunch of rocks for her to do a craft project. She's going to glue them on a picture frame and then we'll put a pix of her collecting rocks in it. Should be cute.

After leaving the lake we headed back to camp. We decided to explore the side roads (if you can call them that) a little more. We headed up one for about 10 miles. Then came to a look out point. Boy was that worth it. It was at the top of the mountain and overlooked the Pigeon River. That is the river that borders Minnesota and Canada - it was absolutely gorgeous. You could see for miles and miles and it was NOTHING but trees and river. No roads, telephone poles, houses/buildings - NOTHING but wilderness. Was really awesome!

When we got back to camp our neighbors had moved on so we were on our own for the night! Made supper (hamburgers over the fire and our camping potatoes - ), cleaned up camp, showered - once again under the pine tree, and sat around the fire. It was so relaxing and peaceful.

Now comes the fun part of my "camping story" - and there's always a story when you go camping! Anyway, yesterday we got up and decided to go hiking. Figured we'd hike along the Superior Hiking Trail. Got all ready, found the parking etc. Got down into the woods and Yah, Right - there was no way I was hiking on that trail - was more like mountain climbing! I told Em that there'd be no way I could hike for a while and then climb that mountain back up to the parking area! She was a little bummed, but got over it. So we headed back to camp (once again) and on the way we saw a WOLF! THAT was cool. It just sat there, easy as you please and watched us. I was able to get some good close up pictures of it. Can't wait to do my scrap book pages for that one!!!!!

After that excitement, got back to camp and went berry picking. The blueberries were all ready. That was fun for Em. She got enough to make a small blueberry pie, so we're going to do that today. When we got back from berry picking I HAD A FLAT TIRE! Uff da! I have a built in air compressor in my van, so I thought, no problem, I'll fill it up and we'll be fine. No deal. Turned off the air compressor and you could hear the ssssshhhhhh of the air running out. Crap. Now I have to change a tire - but I am woman hear me roar! I can do this!!! So I did it. After getting that stupid doughnut tire on the van I decided that it was time to head out. I wasn't going to drive 40 miles to get the tire fixed, 40 miles back - only to head back the same direction the next morning. So . . . we packed up and headed out. Got the tire fixed and were home by 8:15. Quite the adventure.

Lucky - yup we had BEAUTIFUL weather the entire time. Last night was supposed to be in the 30's. We had warm enough stuff with, but I'm still glad I was home to sleep in my warm bed. Way to go on the exercise - I still want to see someone work one of those big a$$ balls! Did you have a funeral for your other one

Thin - I'm soooooo glad that your mom is doing better . Let us all know how you like that machine!

2Cute - We miss you!!!

Skittles - WELCOME to our group! Everyone here is so awesome! My new motivator/Get up and go is that I want to be able to backpack camp and hike with my kids. But, first I need to lose this extra person that I'm carrying around !!

Kit - Glad you're back - I was wondering about you when I was catching up on posts this morning! My hubby won't allow wallpaper in our house! He's so funny. Being the artist that he is, everything has to be done by hand - a story for another time!

Scooter - where are you????

Kat - Welcome back! Don't I know it about your own bed and showers! AND - walking around in swimsuit - no words are needed there! We ALL know what that is like

Terri - my tomatoes are just turning orange - and our sweet corn should be ready any day! YUMMY!!!!!!

BarbPA - Woo hoo on the Doc's appt. Glad that you went for that 2nd opnion. Have a blast in Atlantic City!

Andria - "Slug wannabe's" that's hilarious! I'm assuming you have teenage daughters? Don't I know how that is!!

To anyone I've missed I'm ever so sorry - most definately not intentional! And I'm not proof reading so if there's typo's oh well.Hope you all have a great day and SORRY about the long post.

Love to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #12  
Lisa

OMG I almost forgot! Dh got called for a job interview - for the Graphic Design place he applied at last week! Keep your fingers crossed for him! He sooooo wants that job. Painting is okay - but he really missed the Graphics. It would be perfect cuz he wouldn't have to be driving into the cities everyday - this on is only 30 miles from home!!

TTYL!!!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #13  

Smile

Good grief your hubby drives a long way to work, Lisa!!!! I will pray AND cross my fingers.

Sounds like you had fun on your Northern holiday. Hmmmm What about a Chicks Fling in the boundry waters???? Peeing in the woods, showers under the trees - what do you all say??????
Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinthinker
Hi all! Checking in with a bit of info:
I was at my local Scams Club and found a large size bag chair. In case you want to call your local Club and check to see if they have them, it's #64578 Mossy Oak, Oversized Arm Chair, Model FH04, $19.88.

Just thought I would let you all know. BTW, it's a camoflage type print.
Hey Thin,

That's the chair I bought. Sure hope I can get out of it once I sit down.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Default Sounds like a plan!!!

Hey! I'm IN for the Chicks Fling! I have no problem peeing in the woods!!!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote