Old 08-05-2004, 11:10 AM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Exclamation Thursday Challenge

Ok, fighters!! This is the gauntlet. This is the line in the sand. This is a one-day challenge, if you think you can hang with the Big Dawgs......

Today, I am that old, big-nosed guy in the corner, who always had Rocky's back and his best interests at heart. ( Special nod to Dana, here. YOU know what I'm talking about.) Today, I am the guy who pushes you to toe the line, take the high road, step to it, stick to your guns......be an ACHIEVER! *insert Rocky I theme music here*

Today, I will stick to plan 110%. I will be disciplined, stoic, ROCK HARD in my determination.

Join me in the ring? Can you hang for one day????
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:46 AM   #2  
Jennifer

I am so down... got my gloves on and am ready to kick some major butt. This has been a good week for both of us, no? I've eaten on plan every single day (although I must admit, it's been easier since my significant other has been on a business trip ).

Can't wait to go to the gym tonight (never would have thought I'd say that!) I couldn't sleep last night, so I let myself sleep in this morning in favor of going tonight.

Let's rock it, Sarah!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about saying "I can't wait to go to the gym" but after a few months of going regularly, I have found that if I don't go 2 days in a row, I'm feel out of it. I look forward to the gym, even though it is not always pleasant. Today is one of my hardest days (back and biceps planned) and also one of my sweatiest and I am so ready for it. Nothing can stop me now! I do have to admit that since I weigh at the gym, that gives me extra motivation for going. Actually, lately I have been obsessed because I broke my plateau then to confirm it I wanted to weigh again, but then the scales were out of batteries at the gym so it made me a nervous wreck. Last night, batteries were in and I still weigh the same which was good.

Anyway, I am in as well. Today I'll try to make something extra healthy for dinner with veggies and everything as well as go to the gym and drink tons of water.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:11 PM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I am definitly with you I started a new plan today, I am very excited. I also plan to resume lifting weights, starting tonight. I have to break from cardio, since I have a problem with my foot right now and cannot walk well.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:24 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

I'm with you Sarah! We can do it!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

Sarah, I'd almost be afraid NOT to join you! He He!! So, here I am!
(In best Forrest Gump voice) "YES,DRILL SARGENT!!"
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm in! Doin great today!!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Amy Jo, you make me laugh! NOW GET ON THE FLOOR AND GIVE ME 50!!

Ok, here are your challenge names:

Jennifer - Tony "The Nose" Teapot
Nelie - "Everready"
Raelynn - Ray "The Foot"
Celina - Lou "Legs" Brooklyn
Amy Jo - Joey "The Soldier"
Gretchen - Gumba "Two Wheels"

Hope everyone's having a great day......NOW C'MON, QUIT STANDING AROUND LIKE A BUNCHA LITTLE GIRLS, GET OUTTA HERE AND PUNCH SOME BAGS!! PUT YOUR SHOULDERS INTO IT, WHY DON'TCHA??
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #9  
Jennifer

You're killin' me here, Sarah!

*Punch* ----> Bag
*Punch -----> Bag
*PUNCH* ---------------------------> Bag
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! (I could keep chanting but my lungs might get tired)

Unfortunately, I"m going to have to break my eleven day streak at the gym tonight. I walked around the zoo (briskly!) for almost five hours and am BEAT. I was going to try and get there anyway, but we'll see. I might still be able to do it. The good news was that I avoided the fried food there by some miracle.

Good luck everyone!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:15 AM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

Dana - I don't know what I'm gonna do with you gf - As I read through the posts, I have in my mind what I'm going to type for my reply.. Then, EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! You've already done it! I was shaking my head and I was gonna start my post with Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.... and thats when I saw your post! I tell ya.. you scare me! But I love you!

Soooo... SARAH! SARAH! SARAH! LALALA! SARAH! (there im being original)

You made me get through today.. I was downtown this morning waiting for my train to work when I decided that I would walk to the next station (10 blocks away) rather than stand at my station and wait. Let me tell, I sweat to death (it was hot) but I felt great. I've never done that! And I couldn't make it to the gym today so that combined with my walk from the train to work and taking the stairs got me my exercise point and made it a 4 point day... ALL THANKS TO YOU! You're the best chicka! And I guess my nickname for the day fit...

Ciao,

Lou Legs Brooklyn
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Lou Legs, I've taken over your mind! MWAHAHA!

i feel so powerful. I've always wanted to do that to someone
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #13  
Abby's Mommy

Sarah, I did drop, but I couldnt give you fifty! In fact the number that I did do is so embarassing that I dont even want to say it, so I'll just say I did
10-ish! I did, however, walk 2 miles yesterday! AND, I walked 3.5 today, so I'm feelin' good!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote