Old 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #1  

Default Wow!!

First of all, let me say a HUGE thank you to all of you who replied to the "What's wrong with me?" post. I just cannot get over the tremendous amount of support that is on this board. You ladies are awesome. From the bottom of my heart, I say THANK YOU!!

Second, I think you all might have read a little more harshness into that post than what I originally intended and I'm so sorry if that's the case. Yes, I was a little disgusted with myself, but I just needed to vent a little. I read over my post again just now and it does sound like I was being very negative and hard on myself and I'm really sorry for that. I had had a bad day anyway and I guess I took my frustrations out in that post. I didn't mean for it to sound that bad, honest.

I'm ok. I''m much better today. The eating plan thing didn't go so well today again either, but that's ok. I like what some of you said about trying to decide for myself what my priorities are. And while weight loss IS a priority, there are certain other things going on in my life right now that out rank it. So I think I will take the advice that a lot of you gave and just take it easy on myself and start out with tiny baby steps. I'm not going to try to become the super woman of weight loss like I had originally planned. I'm going to take things one day, one meal at a time and just do the best I can.

So you guys don't need to worry too much over me. There are just some days that I need to let off a little steam. I'll try to keep it a little more calm from here on out though.

You all are the best. Thank you so much for caring enough to worry about me.

Ok, on now to do the DTD and then to bed. Thanks again!
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:52 PM   #2  
Live for the Moment!

Oh Kim : No need to thank us hun, that's what we're here for!

I'm glad you're doing much better today... It won't take long until the days just get a little easier and easier! Trust me... You'll get there! YOU WILL!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It's hard not to be hard on yourself when it comes to weight loss, because you get great expectations from yourself, and most of the time we can't live up to them. Sometimes it's easier to break it down meal by meal And remember, we are here to worry about you
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

We all tend to go to extremes when something is bothering us. But it happened for a reason, look at all the support, motivation and encouragement you received in return of posting! Everyone has their trials and turmoil. We all get through it. This group is here for the long haul and we KNOW you are going to do great! It's OK to be outward with your thoughts and feelings-- both good and bad!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #5  

Glad to hear that you're doing much better, Kim. I think its great that you're taking some pressure of yourself - the pressure only works if its a positive force for motivation.....when it becomes a source of guilt and misery, then I agree, its time to change track a little!

And thankyou for venting - we learn a lot from sharing the trials of this journey, and I really admire your courage for writing about how you were feeling.
artist is offline   Reply With Quote