Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #79

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

Jaymi: Hard as it is to do, when you have a child that will drink from a cup and still takes a bottle, you have to just toss all the bottles out and tough it out. It only takes a couple nights (I am assuming that is when you give them to her sleep time) and I highly disagree with your Ped. My dd was 18 months when I took hers away and it ruined her teeth and my dr said it was directly from the bottle. Even milk turns to sugar in the mouth when it sits and if she is taking a nap or sleeping with it, milk is lingering in her mouth when she drops off to sleep. Ask your dentist not your dr next time and see if this is not so. As to your other problem, there are a few things you can do. Try and find a group of ladies with children and start a play group where each of you in turn gets to take a couple hours off while the olthers watch your children then switch, gives you some time away from the kids if dh doesn't watch them much, if you cannot get into free therapy, dh won't do it even if you can, and you don't seem to be able to solve your problems, find SOMEONE to talk to about this, a minister or someone. Look into free clinics where you might be able to get some free advice. Lastly, I am really old school believing you should stay in a marriage but if it is bad it is bad and if you can't see any other way YOU MUST START PREPARING TO END THE MARRIAGE. Don't sit back and say you can't you can. You have to make a commitment to yourself and to your kids to make your home a happy place. It is not good for the kids to see you and deal with you crabby and unhappy all the time and believe me, they notice. Listen, if it is impossible to be in this marriage and make it happy and you really cannot see anyway out, this is what I would suggest. Start running your home like a single parent except your spouse is the breadwinner. By that I mean, quit depending on him for emotional support if he is not giving it, if you have to pretend he would not be in the home to help with the chores etc instead of getting mad because he doesn't help. If he is causing the chaos, make it stop. I firmly believe both parties have to take responsibility and if he is not physically abusive and you have talked about him helping, cleaning up etc, stop enabling him. He will wake up if you quit doing his laundry etc believe me and when he wonders why, tell him he helps or he does his own. You are no different from any other wife really. My dh tried that crap when we were younger and I made it clear that I was not his work horse. That I would take care of the home like he worked outside it, but there were rules and he either followed them or I quit doing for him, PERIOD! Honestly, part of it is how he was raised and part of it is being younger and probably immature. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND BE THE MATURE ONE AND FIX THIS SO YOU CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN. We love you and want was is the very very best for you!

Faye
Old 08-04-2004, 07:45 AM   #3  

Faye, you're awesome!

2 points yesterday for op....no exercise and not enough water.

I am going to aerobics soon, and I have to perform at the "big city" public library tonight. Three of us will entertain a crowd for an HOUR with just dancing and talking about the dance.....wish us luck!

Jaymie--does bi-polar disease run in your family? You mentioned that your father does the same up and down mood swings.....it's worth asking a doctor or therapist about it. Because there is medication that can help, if you are bi-polar. (This coming from me...who comes from a totally screwed up family. My father and brother are bi-polar, my uncle is schizophrenic, and I'm a belly dancer! )

Gotta fly.......have a great day everyone!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5 foot

Hello all! Well today is just starting for me really… I’ve been up for maybe an hour and a half… decided to sleep in today…. No exercise today… yet. No exercise yesterday. I don’t remember drinking any water either! I want to go to the pool or something today. No beach with that stupid hurricane or whatever that is. That weather totally sucks… The sun is beaming again.. Right now.. But I know that at any time…. It could start pouring… My hubby cut off all of his hair!! Woohoo!! I wanted to show him how much I liked it…. but… my daughter never went to sleep! At least she didn’t before we did! Ha, ha! She wont sleep in her toddler bed now..but we are gonna change that! Sometimes I think I’ve got a split personality… but maybe not! I had terrible, terrible nightmares again last night…. They really bite! I think that is a big part of my problem… now if anyone can tell me how to get to the route of THAT problem… I’d be happy to oblige! I’ve tried the stupid medicines from the doctor.. But they don’t work. So of course when you have a sleepless and bad night.. You wake up cranky…. So sorry chickies! Anyways we got about 10 bucks in our checking account… but I sure wanted to go buy me a swimsuit at walmart.. They are on clearance for 5 bucks! They are like a cotton-like material though… wonder what would happen if they got wet…hmmm… I’m just thinking that the boobie part won’t be enough room! Probably not! My favorite swimsuit broke at the beach.. Did I tell you all that?!? But luckily I caught it before my boobs popped out! I want to fix it… but it has that stupid plastic thing.. I was sooo blessed…. I had some safety pins inside of it… So for any of you with a two piece.. Always put a safety pin inside of the top just in case… I kinda like going to the beach… there are people there that you might say are too big to where a bikini! and there are people that are too skinny to wear a bikini!! So… who cares… I don’t… no cute guys either! Just my ol’ husband…(which is a cutie.. But doesn’t count!!! ) who doesn’t even pay attention… so no reason to be embarrassed! At least I could care less! Anyways….. I might go write a check…. Walmart usually takes about a week before they cash them anyways!! I’m so bad!!! I’m a baaad girl!!!! Well anyways I better get to doing.. Something! I need to get a move on because I gotta cook today…. Anyone want the recipe?!? It’s supposed to be a kid based recipe.. It sounds weird.. But I though.. What the heck…

Campbell's® Golden Sauced Meatballs
Prep/Cooking time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground meat OR 1 lb. turkey
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tsp. onion powder
0 dash worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 can Campbell's® Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 soup can water
1/2 soup can milk
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 green onion, chopped OR 2 tsp. dried chives
1 tsp. minced garlic OR 1 tsp. garlic powder
1 packet artificial sweetener OR 2 tsp. sugar

Directions:

Mix thoroughly ground meat, bread crumbs, onion powder,
1-2 dashes Worcestershire and egg. Shape into small
meatballs.
In large skillet in a little hot oil, add meatballs and
cook until browned. Drain off fat. Mix together soup,
water, milk, 1 tsp. Worcestershire, green onion, garlic
and artificial sweetener. Add to skillet and simmer till
thick. Serve over cooked bow tie pasta, egg noodles or
mashed potatoes.
Tips If desired, stir in 1 can mushroom pieces (drained)
or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms.

Anyways I will come back and comment later…. I gotta get a move on.. I will probably exercise later… Hope everyone is having a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #5  

Quick Comments:

Julie- My dad was diagnosed with depression.. I think.. Which I know I probably have… When I have the money…. A doctor will be my first stop.. I was put on paxil at one time.. But I got pregnant so I had to get off of them.
I do have postpartum pretty badly… Who knows.. It does seem like I have bi-polar.. But if you saw me in person… you wouldn’t notice. It’s just when I get to writing or typing my feelings.. That I realize how coo-coo I am!!

Faye-…. Where do you live?!? I’m coming to get you! you need to come live with me! Ha, ha I’m gonna try about the bottle thingy. She drinks them all day.. She doesn’t eat that much. People told me if I started feeding her more.. She wouldn’t drink as much.. But that didn’t happen. When she started losing weight.. I quit that mess right away. I got her a tooth brush for now. And some baby toothpaste to help with the teeth decay… I definitely don’t want her running around with those silver teeth! You are right.. We were raised differently.. I had both parents.. He was raised by his grandmother.. And his parents never married… He resents his mom.. And he luvs his dad.. But he calls them by their first names… So that is weird. His grandmother worked her butt off, and did everything else I assume… My dad and mom worked.. Sometimes… and my dad cooked and did stuff. I do believe in trying to make it work… and no he’s not physically abusive in anyway… My temper is too bad for that crap.. It would happen once.. And you’d be seeing me on CNN I get all upset and think things arent going well, and he be just as content and thinking nothing is wrong… Maybe it’s just me… but when I see couples walking holding hands or hugging.. Etc.. I get teary eyed. I don’t have that… why not?!? Maybe it’s just my own insecurity.. I don’t know… You give the best advice Faye….. (not excluding anyone else.. Like Julie!! ) You should be a therapist!

2 pts yesterday…. I don’t THINK I went over my calories.. I can’t count them when I cook them anyways… But I only ate twice. I only had a small frosty which isn’t that bad… No exercise or water.. That I can remember… Hopefully today will be better.

Well I know I missed some of you.. But I can't remember what was said on the other thread!! I got a bad memory ya know!! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day.. I’ll try to get to the ones I missed next time!!
Old 08-04-2004, 02:04 PM   #6  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Jaymi, Jaymi, Jaymi, You are a younger version of me. We are so alike that I could have typed your post believe me you are not depressed and I don't think you are bi-polar either you make me laugh I know that you grumble a bit in your posts but its an upbeat grumble not a "i'm gonna end it all" one we all have are little grumbles in life and I can totally relate to your situation with your hubby but you must remember that the people you see holding hands and looking at each other are probably in new relationships every relationship 'cools' down over time and we all fall into a routine and lose the romance its a pity but its a fact of life. It does'nt mean that you don't still love your partner it just means that you don't show it to each other as much. I think if my hubby brought me home a bouquet of roses I'd wonder what he'd been up to I suffer from depression too but not clinical and I would'nt go on Paxil or any of the others if I were you a doctor once prescribed them for me and I could'nt function properly think I took them for a week NEVER AGAIN!! I did'nt need them anyway, I figured out what the problem was, I like to go places and meet people and hubby is happy to hang around at home drinking beer with his pals or going to the bar with them and that was the other thing that was eating away at me the fact that I was'nt invited to go with them now I just think to **** with you i'll do my own thing then if you want to pm me your email addy i'll be happy to listen to your daily gripe as for the bottle thing have you tried to coax her out of using it? say things like "you'll be a really big clever girl when you start drinking out of a cup all the time" I did stuff like that with my kids I used to say to them "spit that dummy out" (pacifier) and make a spitting sound and my son thought it was hilarious and did it then i'd say "dirty dummy, lets throw it away" after a few times he threw it in the garbage and that was the end of it no distress involved.

I'm back to working part-time this week which i'm glad about cuz i've got to get ready for relatives arriving next thursday, I think we are going camping the day after they arrive i'm sure they'll love that after just flying 5000 miles I hate 'roughing' it but i'll do anything to get out of the house and see some new sights and who knows it might even be fun.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:25 PM   #7  

Faye
Julie
Jaymi

Jaymi: What would your hubby do if you took his hand in the mall or in public? Maybe you just need to work on the romance a little, honey. Jack and I have been married 32 years in November and we still can't keep our hands off each other. No, we are not having sex 7 days a week but we hold hands in the mall or when walking, though it is like holding the hand of a chimpanzee because his arms are so long and his legs take 2 steps to my one! Romance doesn't have to be about sex. Give him an unexpected back rub when he gets home, ask him what he would like to eat and fix it and put it on your nicest plates. Take him with you on a shopping excursion and buy him something cute but not expensive. I have something my husband bought me at that screwy mall shop with all the sex toys and stuff (can't think of the name) anyway it was a report card on how I was as a wife. I loved it and cherish it even though it probably cost him less than $5. You two may just need some time together without the little ones. It is always tough when you have little kids to find quiet time but maybe you can get friends to keep your two and then you reciprocate. Don't spend money, just rent a video you both like, fix yourself your favorite foods and cuddle on the couch for a couple hours. Believe me, we NEVER had any money and my first child was born 11 months after we got married so we seemed to always have kids at home until they were grown and left the house so I do know how tough it is. Give him a big kiss when he gets home tonight and tell him you appreciate all the hard work he does and believe me doing it several times and he will get the message.

It is hotter than hades here today. The heat index is 110. Poor Jack was out in the sun all day yesterday and got bbq'd. I have this great stuff I got at Walgreens that is an aloe vera gel with lidocaine and it helped him a lot. The worst part is his forehead where his hairline has receded. He looked like a cooked chicken, poor thing.

Well, I shampooed my office carpet and cleaned the upstairs today so it is downstairs tomorrow and I need to get a shower before Jack gets home in a couple hours.

Everyone have a great day!

Faye
Old 08-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #8  

Hello All.. Quick check-in! No exercise yet, I ate 2 sloppy joes.. (not good) but they tasted good!! No pool, no walmart.. I’ll save it for tomorrow.. I still havent’ journaled.. And I need to. I am gonna go do that right after I get off the computer! I havent done hardly anything today… I need to do a lot!!! Well I put some dishes in the dish washer. Boy my daughter is mischievous!!! She snuck the tape box out of the closet and ate half the box… What am I gonna do with her!! Anyways… That’s about all for me today.. I’m in an ok mood… trying to stay away from EBAY!! Tomorrow I’ll try not to go overboard at Walmart.. But I probably will! Anyways gotta go now.. Time is running short. I need to start cooking!

Ta-Ta All !!!

Faye- that’s even better advice.. I’m gonna try it.. You made me think about it… I probably have been pushing him away.. And not realizing it… I don’t do any of those things you said… which means I need to work on my self.. I just kept trying to push him away to protect myself.. Thanks Faye.. Very much Sorry to hear about Jack.. My hubby is already darkskinned… so that’s the good thing about that.. He’s really hard to burn.. But he does get tanned.. I told him if he don’t start wearing sun screen, I won’t be able to see him in the daylight or the dark!! But hey.. That’ how I like em’ anyways!

Cat90- I will pm you with my email address! I guess I figured my daughter would just stop drinking the bottle.. She just stop sucking the pacifier… Dang…. guess I gotta work harder! Good luck with the relatives, camping and working… Whoo… you gotta busy time ahead.. Oh and “dirty dummy” that is sooo cute!

Well gotta run!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 04:42 AM   #9  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make your time count for you today!

I will check in with you all later in the morning

Faye
Old 08-05-2004, 07:21 AM   #10  

Hello chickies! Well trying to start off early so that I can start off right. I didn’t end up exercising yesterday. So.. Today is a new day. I got up early, fixed hubby some breakfast and lunch, and… well at least I thought I’d get a early start. But.. The baby has arisen! So I gotta put off my exercising until later… which means it probably won’t happen… But oh well, who cares. I got a lot to do today. It’s the grocery shopping day.. I didn’t eat too bad yesterday… I did journal at least! This stupid AOL has frozen up on me once already. I had made a pre-planned schedule for the week with my exercising, but today I’m just going to do whatever Denise Austin does. I haven’t exercised in 3 days, so the schedule doesn’t matter too much right now! My knee is killing me! You’d think I was too young for that.. But it hurts. Oh well, I’m not letting anything stop me. I have to make my menu for the week. I have no idea what I’m going to plan. DH doesn’t seem to like much of anything I’ve been trying. But I like it.. So maybe I’ll try to get something even cheaper this week and incorporate a couple of TV dinners into it. I don’t know. I can feel the crankiness arising in me because when I thought about 3 days without exercising it really ticked me off. I probably will see a gain this Saturday for weigh-in. And it is all my fault. I can’t blame anyone else.. I could have exercised for 20 minutes.. But I just didn’t. Being lazy is not good. I should know better than that!! Today is a new day… and I gotta get on the ball. No more whining, and complaining… etc. I just gotta do it! I’m not doing what it takes the get the results I want… and I can’t blame anyone but me.. So Jaymi.. Shut up and get back on track!!! I will come back later for personal comments and to update…I guess I’ll just watch Denise Austin for now. I just decided to list my short term goals.. For today…

Exercise for at least 30 minutes today

Drink WATER!!!

Don’t spend too much at Walmart!!!

Stay off of ebay!!

Don’t let the negative attitude win… try and stay positive.

Well I’m hoping that just typing that will help me along with my day… Anyways I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #11  

Morning Ladies,
It's FAIR DAY...........and thanks to Faye's advice last year at this time, I've got a bottle of water frozen and chocolate graham crackers and raisins already packed! I also looked on a weight watcher's site that had fair food listed by points....ok, most of the stuff is ludicrously high in fat and calories. But a whole bag of cotton candy only has like 53 calories!!! I can't believe it. That is the only thing I really HAVE to get at the fair. Last year I was strong and forced myself to only have a bite of my daughters. But now that I know, I'm going to let myself enjoy a bag. I guess it's just all that 0 calorie AIR that's in it!

Yesterday went well. 3 points, not enough water. The dance show at the library was nice, too. It was one of their weekly concert series, and there were 3 of us filling up an hour long concert. It was outside and really nice!

Faye, I hope Jack is feeling better. My husband goes out kayacking on the weekends and always ends up burning the insides of his knees and inner thighs. Gotta remember the sunscreen at the fair today!

Jaymie, just throw out the bottles.....she'll be upset for a day or two, but she won't let herself starve. It's just not human nature, no matter how stubborn you think she is. YOU are the grownup and YOU make the decisions.
She needs to learn that now, or you're in for a world of trouble when she's older

Where the heck is everybody?????

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Angry

hello there!

Sorry I've been MIA for about a week now - things have been pretty crappy for me. Firstly, I've struggled with my PMS and TOM as always and have gone way off trackiand stopped all exercise. I feel and my mood has dipped because of all the rubbish I'm eating - but I'll sort it out.

Secondly - would you believe I lost my job before i even started?I had said that i would start on wednesday if the bus strike was sorted by then, but it wasn't and I couldn't get in , and even though i had told my employer this the day before and she said 'I understand' - she phoned the agency the next day and said I didn't turn up and she didn't want to employ me anymore! What an absolute cow! Nigel rang her up and gave her a piece of his mind and she knew she was out of order - especially as she'd given me all this crap about how supportive she was and 'if there is anything i can do to help your transition into work easier'. basically, the agency said that i should have got taxi's into work if there were no buses - like i can afford to do that! So I say screw the lot of them! I'm sick of dealing with employers and agencies who are just out for themselves and who don't give 2 hoots about the worker - me and Nigel are going to set up our own business and work for ourselves!

I really think that God does not want me to go back into social work (which suits me fine! )- that is the second time i have accepted a job only for it to fall through. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways , and even though i really needed that job and we are down to our last pennies - i still feel hopeful that God has a greater plan for us!

I am just so angry that people treat me like that - I am a good person and deserve better!' I spent our last money on new clothes for this job and now have to go through the process of signing back on benefits which will take weeks - I've probably lost about £400 because of this damn job.

But I know God will provide for us as he always has - i really don't know what i would do without God in my life to turn to at times like this!

Sorry to go on girls! Thanks for letting me vent!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Enjoy the Fair Julie I thought there was one on here last weekend and drove down there to find that there was'nt I guess I did'nt hear what the announcer on the radio said properly

Jaymi, thats right STAY POSITIVE and stay AWAY from Ebay I can't say too much about Walmart tho' cuz i'm guilty of that one too Maybe you've overdone something to have hurt your knee young people can injure themselves too you know

I've gotta go grocery shopping this afternoon have'nt done much else apart from play with a photo program and make a calendar for my daughter with our photo's on its her birthday next month and I thought it would be something nice to send her.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Amanda i'm so sorry that the job did'nt work out what a *itch that woman was for treating you like that I think you are better off without her in your life anyway to You and Nigel in your new venture
Old 08-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #15  

Julie
Faye

Amanda: Honey, just think what it would have been working for someone that two faced. You will find something just right for you. I will start praying for it!

Gotta go vote.

Faye