Old 07-31-2004, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again . . . #552

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.

Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:00 PM   #2  

Hi gals!

I'm getting back to normal life. I had gotten so far from my routine, and from exercise, due to all the stress that getting back seemed impossible. Physically impossible. Last night, I rode Tanyah and went with Grizzle. He took me into a new area of the park for me so we had a big ride. She needed it and I did too. I had called the gal who sold us Ginger a few years ago and agreed to ride with her this morning. We went in the same general area but on some area that was darn rugged. Tanyah did well except for one fit about cross a small stream of water. Geez. She acted bad and it took about 5 minutes before she finally decided what the heck and crossed it. This morning I had done some work with weights, the stability ball and stretching. It was good and that physical resistance is now gone. I'm sure I'll need some celebrex for a few days.

Right now, its about nap time. I'm like to get out on the boat this evening.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #3  

Hiya chickies!

Weee, another loverly weekend is upon us Hope this finds everyone doing well and smiling! I did some cleaning this morning and went out and did some weed pulling and deadheading...everything is just so wonderfully green and alive after all the rain we got earlier in the week *woo* I think that our biggest push this weekend is going to be getting all of our errands run today and get the trim on the baseboards and all of the doors downstairs painted. While we are out, I am going to start really checking out wallpapers for the kitchen. Chris is not looking forward to wallpapering with me with all of the cutting and fitting that will need to be done, but I think I have him talked into it at least *L* I am not going to have time to exercise today, but will hopefully get in at least an hour on the treadmill tomorrow *woo* hehe Then we are going to see if any of our friends are free to come over for a cookout and another volleyball round...good stuff

Debra ~ I loved the line about how your son ate twice his bodyweight *rofl* How true, how true!! Wow, I never thought about it, but what you said about your son being an only child and then surrounding himself with an army does make sense! CJ has done the same already with his friends always over (and they eat as much as he does...no wonder my grocery bill this summer has soared *LOL*) or he is on the phone or in contact with them about their next grand adventure *L* I sure hope that he gives me lots of grandbabies to love and spoil rotten as yours has done...very happy for you! Hope that you are recooping well...baby steps hon...getting the scale to watch your progress and getting just a bit more exercise per day and finding more healthy foods that you enjoy should help tremendously...you are gonna do this and feel soo much better! And there is US to come to when you need the support...I have just joined recently as well and this group of wonderful ladies keeps me smiling and motivated beyond belief

BarbPA ~ Wow, I went to the website you posted to read about Liam. Bless his heart...it made me just want to hug my own son so tight and be so thankful that he is healthy. Liam is so adorable and his parents really seem to be doing everything in their power to make him well...I sure hope that they succeed! Kudos again on helping them out and for the hugs and encouragement you surely gave them. Glad to hear that you are liking the Y well enough to join...gads, I admire you so much for that!! I really am very weak in that way...I am so self-conscious and ashamed of my body and hate for anyone to see me exercise. Keep up the great work...you are an inspiration to me! And, YES, I am a Big Brother fan!! *L* I was just telling Scooter in a post yesterday that I was glad that Holly was gone too...very annoying, that one! Hehe I think that the twin's twist is going to be very interesting too! The Four Horsemen just might have shot themselves in the foot voting Holly out...not only did they lose a steadfast ally in Holly, but the twins are on the other side and they count for two votes! *L* It's getting very interesting for sure...things really heating up!

Barb.g ~ Glad that you had such a good time on vacation! The next time you are by this way in VA, be sure to let me know so we can get together Good luck on the weigh in!

Lucky ~ 17 minutes is better than nothing...wtg!! Eating their way across the ocean...too funny *LOL* I would love to go on a cruise, but I might just eat my way into sinking the ship *eeps* hehehe

2cute ~ Awww, how cute...4 is such an awesome age for the little ones, but then they all are when they are so special to you Have a wonderful time with your grandbaby and guests! Give her extra hugz from me, please
~OMG, I DID see the Blue Moon last night!! I had no idea there was a name for it, but it was absolutely beautiful here! All I knew was that there had already been a full moon this month and the skies were so clear here and the moon was just mesmerizing. We were out saying goodbyes to our neighbor's parents who have been visiting for the last month and we were all commenting on it...thanks for the education...I will be out looking at it tonight in a new "blue" light! hehe

thin ~ Glad to hear mom seems to be doing much better and hope your training goes well! She is lucky to have a daughter like you...we all hope that our kids will be around for us when it's our turn to need them, don't we? Ohh, can't wait to see Bourne Supremacy here too! I read the books and loved them all, and the movie counterpart has been exciting so far...good writing there for sure

I probably won't get a chance to get in here tomorrow, but I hope that you all have an absolutely wonderful weekend and keep on keepin' on!!

Kit
Kitaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:44 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
Just popping in for a quick hello! I am so tired right now that I need to just veg out on the couch. We had friends over last night for a poker party and played until after 2am. This morning I slept late and did a few things around the house. Around 4 I headed out to the gym! I did a 25 minute cardio workout and swam for 20 minutes. At first I was annoyed because the pools were full again, I sat and waited 20 minutes for a lane - however, when I did get one it felt so good to be in the water that I didn't mind the wait. Then some guy gets in my lane with me and starts floating around. I wanted to kick him in the head! I didn't do that, but I did kick the water a little harder when I got close to him. I just thought it was so rude - he didn't even ask to share when I had sat there for 20 minutes waiting patiently. Luckly, the guy next to me left and I had a lane to myself again.

Anywho, so here I sit, a little tired and sore, but feeling good. Also getting very hungry. Not sure what the plan is for dinner. DH went to the electronic store (where else? LOL), so I am waiting for him to get back.

Hi and Hugs to all! Gotta get off here and relax!
Have a great evening.
Love,
B
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM   #5  
Hang In There

I'm exhausted. After work today we went to the club and I did about 40 minutes of water exercise, mainly walking, but some other stuff. Even though I made a point to staying at hotels with an indoor pool, most of them did not open until after 9:00 and as Alvin likes to drive early, we were on the road before the pools opened, so in the last two weeks I've only been in the water about twice. I said it felt like it was jello it was so hard to walk through. But I do feel better having done it.

2Cute, will you get me a new laptop while you are out computer shopping? The wierdest thing has happened. My laptop will not even come on. Any of you computer wizzards know any thing I can do for that? I tried all the obivious, holding the button down, shift/alt/hold the button down, take the battery out and shake it and put it back in, putting it up and then trying it later hoping it would fix itself. etc, etc ect. But nothing worked. Does anyone know if there is some kind of virus out there that could cause that? The last time I used it, it was fine, but it was at a hotel in PA and I was using the hotel intranet. I'm afraid that something may have slipped in over their network.

I ranted and raged on the weigh-in thread this morning, about how my trip really went, so I'll not say anymore about that!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Hi girls...

I'm back! We had a WONDERFUL vacation...I have lots of stories to tell, but I'll get around to that later. I'm still unpacking...well, I WAS...it's time for bed.

See you all tomorrow!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:36 AM   #7  

Welcome back, Kat!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  
Lisa

Smile

Good morning chickies! I don't have a whole lot of time. Got a TON of stuff to get ready for tomorrow morning. I told Em that I wanted to be leaving around 6:00 am - as we have a long drive ahead of us. I'm so excited!

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and wish everyone a safe, happy, healthy week! I'll be back - I promise - probably next Saturday!

Love to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:33 AM   #9  

Smile

Lisa: I will miss you. I know you will have some fun stories to share. Everyone I know that has gone to the Boundry Waters always does!

Kat: You're BACK!!!!!

Debra: Welcome, happy to see you here!

BarbG: I get so jealous when you talk about being able to swim (or walk). Where I lived in the Cities we had a pool and I just loved it. It is so relaxing and never even seemed like exercise!!!! Just fun!

Thin: I hope all goes well with taking your Mom home today and then getting her out tomorrow. I know she is having trouble now but I sure hope I am as good as her at that age.

BarbPA: Good job on the exercise. I have to REALLY work on that this week.

Kit: Did you get everything done on Saturday?

I got through some more of my paperwork Saturday. It doesn't seem like I did much but am I glad to have it done.

My fibro is still kicking me - I hurt all over. I love this weather but it sure causes my body to hurt. Winter is actually "body" better for me. I NEVER thought I would prefer Winter over the other seasons.

I need some and breakfast.

Later,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Wink Good Morning!

Thanks for the "Welcome Backs!" It's nice to be missed. aw, shucks... It's also SO nice to be home. I love the house we stay in, but there's nothing like your own bed, and your own shower. I do miss the views from every single window in that house though. Even sitting on the toilet in the upstairs bathroom! Really! ...there's a window right next to the john, which overlooks the beatiful cove that the house faces...makes for a very relaxing "visit!" My kids would say, "MOM!! You're GROSS!"

This will be a quick post because the boys went to pick up the dog, (so I immediately got on the computer) I still have a some stuff to put away, which I swore I would do instead of having to go out in the rain, the POURING rain, to get her. Don't want to be caught sitting here, chuckling away at the computer when I said I'd be too busy to get the dog!

I got on the scale to assess damage done...All things considered, I have my period, tomorrow's actually WI (not Wisconsin), and the fact that I did not record my last weigh in before I left, (up 2, not sure why, PMS?)....I didn't do too badly, considering all the lobster that I ate! I was very active though, made a point of doing something almost every day...whether it was walking, hiking, climbing rocky hills (barefoot and in my bathing suit, no less...a story for another day) climbing endless stairs at the water slide, (again, exercise in the bathing suit...oy), even shopping in Freeport (how I love L.L. Bean!) makes you huff and puff, it's very hilly!

Anyway, official damage report will be submitted tomorrow at approximately 09:00, sir!

Okay, gotta run...I have to go make it look like I gotta the crappy end of the stick by staying home and *sigh* unpacking!

hee hee...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-01-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #11  

Smile

I haven't owned a bathing suit since I was in Jr High School.

Anyway, I had to report - Dr. Phil's "You have to expect more of yourself" was driving me nuts rolling around in my head so I exercised.

I know, SHOCKING, (not as shocking as Thin buying a pilates machine, but still) .

I did the "big a$$ green ball" for 1/2 hour. NOT all of that actually exercising because I am still a learner and was watching a video. However, I don't know if this will help my stomach but my thighs sure could feel it!!!

Kat: So if you were in your bathing suit was hubby in his thong? I remember he looked SO GOOD!!!!! in blue!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:34 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Welllllll....he left his thong (hee hee...I just typed "thing") in New Jersey...but he was in his bathing suit too! Oh, what a sight we must have been! The beach we went to was surrounded by rocks and rocky formations. There was this "mountain" (not really) out across the water so we walked out to investigate. Dh and I. The kids passed on this adventure...maybe they didn't want to be seen climbing the mountain with their fat, bathing suit clad parents...who knows? Dh is a real 'tenderfoot.' He doesn't even go barefoot in the house. He's not much of a hiker either, so this was a real accomplishment for him! It was fun though. And the scenery was glorious.

I just had to call WalMart in Brunswick, Maine. I had brought film there to be developed and of course forgot all about it til we were on the Massachussetts Turnpike, heading south. duh. After considerable conversation with the clerk there..."Don't you have anyone who lives around here that can pick it up for you?" Uh, no, that's why I'm calling. "Well, do you have a WalMart by you that we can send it to?" Not really. If you can mail it to WalMart, why can't you mail it to me? "Well, we don't do that." Why not? "Um, can you hold while I talk to the manager?" hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm...yes? "Okay we can send it COD." Great! Thanks! You have my address... "Can you give me your name and address?" Sure, but it's right there on the envelope. "How do you spell, JERSEY?" Uh, you can just put "NJ" "Can you spell it, please?" At least she was polite.

Living by (and loving) the ocean kind of forces you to own a bathing suit around here. Trust me, I'm not the only chubbette showing off her goods! I do try to get as close to the water as possible and then park there. I generally don't walk around in my bathing suit either! I guess I just didn't care there...I didn't know anyone!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:49 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Hey where is everybody?
Things are slowing down a little at the Library. School starts this week then it will pick up when reports start.

We are getting ready to go on vacation next week I can't wait. Thin I am looking forward to meeting you.

My brother is in jail He goes before the judge today for a bail hearing. They got him for harrassing phone calls.

Son and his lady friend came by yesterday. the father of a friend of his got killed in a car accident Friday.

Food is soso I haven't done too bad. We went to see The Village Sat and then went and had Mexican.

Well I better run I am off today and want to have some me time. Love to all
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:23 AM   #14  

Good morning!

I'm off today and I had planned on having time at the boat and catching up on housework. But we're taking Star, our yearling, back down to mom's since we didn't sell her. I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to spend time training her but we have to focus on Momma Ginger. My mom loves her so it will be good for mom. We were going to have a day from **** because its a two hour trip to mom's and then we were going to deliver the horse she is selling - a three hour trip and from there, two hours home. But the dippy girl isn't bothering to check her cell phone voicemail or her email. Since we need directions and confirmation that she indeed has the money to pay for our gas, DH won't do it.

Food was pretty good yesterday. We've been enjoying fresh tomatoes!! Its always so disappointing when tomatoes come to an end each year.

Exercise for yesterday included stretching and pilates, lifting and carrying hay bales, and cleaning Ginger's stall. I need to do pilates this morning to work out the soreness in my lower back.

I need to get my bike riding back in my daily routine. I'm going to have to move inside to the spinner since its remaining darker later in the mornings. I miss it! Maybe I can shuffle my work schedule so I can ride at night. It would help if I could just not work.

I'm off to exercise. Have a great day!

I loved reading about your vacation Kat! And your conversation with Wal-Mart.

Mary - Sorry to hear about your brother. Is this the one with the baby?

Lucky - Good job on exercising! Does pilates or yoga help with the fibro?

to everyone!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
Just a quick pop in here for me. I need to dig into some work. I am really not focused right now...all I can think about is my Dr. appt. tomorrow. I need to make my list of questions for him so I don't forget anything.

I made it to the Y on Saturday but didn't on Sunday . Actually I never got out of my PJs on Sunday and then last night was mad at myself for not accomplishing anything. Grrr. I won't have time tonight to get to the gym but I am going to try to squeeze in something at home.

DH and I are leaving on Thurs. after work for Atlantic City. We'll just be there for 2 nights. We are seeing David Copperfield on Friday night.

No time for personals now! I'll try to check back later.
Love,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote