Old 08-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #1  
On The Road to Finding Me

Unhappy Now I'm depressed

I just took my measurements ... now I'm depressed and I have a headache. Of course that may have something to do with the fact that it's 12pm here and I haven't eaten anything yet. Not a very good start, is it?
FindingJackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Don't get too discouraged Jackie. Go eat a healthy lunch, get your blood sugar back up and start thinking positively. Your measureents will go down when you start treating your body right! You can do it
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Want to hear something depressing? before I started, My "hip" measurements (which include my butt, my hips, and my big belly) were as big as I am tall. I'm 5'6". I'm down 8 inches to 58 inches and it is my widest point so it is something that I constantly look at.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Have to admit, I was pretty bummed when I did it the first time, too. But. . .once you start seeing those measurements go down, you'll be thrilled. And that will happen sooner than you think.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 02:36 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

Jackie,

Sorry to hear you're having a hard day!

Keep positive and stay focused, you may not feel great today but think of how you'll feel in the months to come!

We're here for you hun!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Even better is pics of yourself in a swimsuit in profile & full on.

Tha hard part is over, now making those numbers come on down is your next part of the journey.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know I thought about taking a picture of myself in bra/panties or something revealing, so that I can compare at a later date and I can't bring myself to do it. I can measure all day but to actually see myself is hard to do. The thing to think of though is that you are working to change it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:48 PM   #8  
On The Road to Finding Me

Thanks for the support everyone...

SuchAPrettyFace (love that screen name btw) - I wanted to do the picture thing.. but now I'm not sure I should do it.. the measurements alone were enough to put me in a tail spin. lol..

I did eat some lunch and now getting ready for the upcoming week. I keep telling myself to suck it up and it'll get better if I just keep my focus.
FindingJackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

ok. so your measurements aren't what you want them to be. in fact downright depressing. hope you ate a good, tasty, filling lunch that was on plan... that's the first step. the next step is to, well, do the NEXT thing on your list, even it it's the laundry!!!!

and don't focus on today's measurements. don't think about your next time to measure. just think about what you're doing now. and do what you've decided will be your plan.

honest!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey jackie! I can remember, quite vividly, the first day of measurement and weigh in. Not only was I totally shocked at my starting weight (In my mind I was about 25 lbs lighter) but I could not believe my measurements. I actually felt sick and probably even shed a few tears. That event, was the one that changed my way of thinking. I realized that if I took that moment of misery and made it my motivation for losing weight that it HAD to only get BETTER instead of worse... Guess what? It DID! Rather than sulking in my own misery and grabbing a gooey piece of pitty me cake, I decided that that moment was the first day of my new healthy lifestyle! I jumped right on the internet, did some mega research on what I could eat, what I should do for exercise and then I made my plan. I didn't know how well it would work, but I knew that it had to be better than the right here and now.

After 60 some odd pounds gone , I still feel the same motivation and excitement to reach my goal, now more than ever. Keep your eye on the goal, yes there will be sidetracks and off plan days but when that happens, pick yourself right up and say to yourself over and over; "I can and will do this". Make this FUN! Yep, sounds crazy but make it FUN! Get creative with your meal planning, add some pep to your step and away you'll go both literally and figuratively!

We're here for you, good and bad, losses and plateaus.. We're all here for the same reason and I for one, want this to be a positive experience for you!!!

That's my 2 cents for the day!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Just think... it's a number you'll never see again. the first time is always the worst, but at least it's the last!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I've done both my measurements and a picture of me in a form fitting unitard. ACK!! The picture is truly horrendous. What got me about the measurements is that my waist is over a yard around. Grab a yardstick and hold it up. It is so unreal. I know sometimes, most of the time, I can't wrap my mind around how big I really am and then you do something like this and it is like getting smacked in the face with a baseball bat.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #13  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Oh Jen, I very much understand that feeling. I can completely relate! Try adding 56 pounds to where you are today, and that's where I was when I started this process 5 months ago. When I think of what I did to my body, I could just cry.....what am I saying, I could and DID! But then what do you do with that? Do you get stuck in that miserable place, or do you use it to fuel your resolve? If you asked me to pick one word to encapsulize where my head has been throughout this process, I would have to say, "vengeance." I'm one of the most peaceful people you'll ever meet (look up tree-hugger, and there's my pic! I kid you not.) but there's this drive I feel now that strengthens me and helps me to remember that not all food is my friend. It is not on my side. It does not wish me well. Healthy food, now THAT stuff loves me and wants me to be happy and live a good life. But the that is out there that tastes good but kills your body (and hurts your soul, if you abuse it like some of us have) -- that stuff fills me with vengeance. I REFUSE to let it rule me or seduce me.

And that is how I have lost the weight that I have. I am not beating myself up, I am beating that food up. I am loving myself, and not that food. And I'm all about the balance now, in so many ways. The following of which is not the least: I got myself to 284 pounds by one self-destructive choice after another -- it sure wasn't just one action that got me to that point. And now, in keping with the physics law, I must reclaim my health (and waistline) through consistent, repeated choices and actions...one after another.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #14  

Hi Jackie

I think the only thing I can add is a gentle nudge to stop beating yourself up, and start congratulating and celebrating yourself for deciding to change. I honestly think that one of the most important keys to success in this journey is changing the way you feel about yourself - you have to start loving yourself enough to take really good care of yourself, and make those choices that will keep you healthy and well.

As everyone says, start making those healthy choices one step at a time, and you'lle be amazed at how quickly you will start to feel good about yourself.
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #15  
Abby's Mommy

I cant add anything better than whats already been said. Everyone here is so positive and encouraging that I feel really honored to know some of them! What everyone said is correct. Just remember, It will get better! Your waist line WILL go down if you just stick in there!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote