Old 08-01-2004, 12:32 AM   #1  

Default Hope this doesn't sound bad...

...but I received the most replies to my intro post here. And there seems to be a lot of activitiy over here too. So do you all mind if I consider this board "home?" I'll probably lurk at the other boards as well. But I think I need to be somewhere where there's lots of support and encouragement. From what I've seen so far you ladies are wonderful.

Thank you so much for all of your welcomes. I already feel at home here.

Thanks again!

ps: I think tomorrow I'll weigh myself for the first time in a long time, and I'll try to get up enough courage to post my SW/CW/GW in my siggy.
Mom2LibnAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:56 AM   #2  
missaprylj

Welcome a-"board"!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hey, Kim! I'm not at all surprised that you got the greatest response here -- I am still struck by the quantity and quality of support and responsiveness which exists here in this group. This group ROCKS!

And it's good to have you back......best to you in mustering up your courage to weigh and post. You won't regret it, and you'll become stronger once you get started honestly, and then see us here throwing numbers around like it's nobody's bidness! I do want to say that to me, anyway, the shame lies not in being heavy, but in doing nothing about it when it's what you say you want more than anything else.

You can do it, Kim. I'm rooting for you!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome to our group Kim. I was lucky to stumble on the the 3FC URL 3 weeks ago and then shortly after that I seen Br00klyn in chat. She said to check out her group. It has been great!! Thanks Br00klyn!!! Your really going to to enjoy it here. I've been giving a wealth of knowledge and support so I could make the right choices.
No one will judge your weight. What they will do is help you get to your goal. You have a hard road ahead but you also have us. Welcome to our group. We look forward to seeing your post. = )
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Most definitely welcome. I have been embarrassed of my weight. I never told my last boyfriend how much I weighed and one day I asked him how much he thought I weighed (he was always trying to pick me up, but i'd never let him) and he said 210? which was amazingly funny to me. My mom knows, my best friend knows, my doctor knows and everyone here knows.

It is sometimes easy to forget how far you have come and where you are going. I think it is important to set a goal and verbalize it in some shape or form. Set a reasonable goal, if you weighed 120 in high school, that may not be a reasonable goal right now. Since I weighed 300 lbs in high school and my lowest memorable weight was 260, it was hard for me to figure out a goal weight, so I picked 200 but really my goal weight is 199 because it'd be nice to be in the 100's.

Also, you don't have to put them down here, but you can. Set short term goals as well. It seems like a lot of work to lose 100+ lbs but if you can tell yourself "I want to lose 20 lbs by christmas" then it is something you can easily visualize. Also, be proud of yourself because you are trying to work towards a better future for yourself and that is important.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome to this great place!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome to our "Home"!

I'm sure you'll be happy here.. Its truly a wonderful group of ladies (and a couple gents)..
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Kim! Welcome welcome!! Sure--Welcome to your new home! We love havin ya!

Good luck in your journey, we'll be here for ya, every step of the way.

This is a great place to be!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I read your other post first, but I'm glad you jumped on the 100 wagon with us! It's a nice ride Welcome
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote