Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default low-cal oreos

Nabisco (I think...) has come out with new low-cal, low-fat cookie and cracker packages for Oreos, Wheat Thins, Cheese Nips, etc. Each package contains about 20 "crisps" and the whole package is 100 calories and 2-3 grams of fat. I was wondering if anyone has tried these and how they measure up to the "real thing"?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #2  

I tried the Oreos and I like them. If you need a quick fix of something sweet with empty calories and you have the control to just eat one bag and have no blood sugar issues...go for it!
Old 07-31-2004, 04:34 AM   #3  

Yes, these are very good.. in moderation, like anything else! I think they all taste great - I have tried each type. My room mate and I invited some friends over, and we mixed up 5 of these bags of different types with popcorn for a shared movie snack between 8 people. Really cool snack mix that's moderately healthy.

I think they're basically just like the originals in taste, and they're a great quick snack for your purse or for a treat once in a while, in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:37 PM   #4  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-150
I haven't tried any of these,but it sure sounds like an excellent way to waste money. Why not grab some produce instead?
Chocolate dipped strawberries are nice!!

I don't think I've tried lowcal oreos. My problem is that while I think something like that is ok as an occasionaly treat, they don't serve them in treat size packages. It would be nice to see them in smaller packages, and also wrapped the way the wrap CDs so they are nearly impossible to open
Old 08-10-2004, 04:49 PM   #5  

I bought the chocolate chip cookie crisps and they were YUMMY. They seriously tasted like the real thing.
Closed Thread