Old 07-26-2004, 01:42 AM   #1  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Default Need Help!

Ok all, My sister is gone and Kimberleys birthday was today. Everything is back to normal at my house. I need to get back on plan really bad. This is the exact point where I seem to back slide. I have done it the past 3 years in a row. I lose 40 to 50 lbs and then some event or whatever knocks me off plan and I never get back on. I really need to kick it in gear. I had a 3 lb gain last week. I know I said I was not going to weigh but I did anyway. I will most likely have a gain this week or at the very best stay the same. I sure do need your support. I don't want to leave tha site like I have in the past. This place is my life line. Thanks for listening.

Howie
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  

Grab my hand, Howie. And then grab the other one to keep me from falling. I'm in the same situation. I had reached the 50 lb loss for one brief morning and then a series of situations occurred (don't they always?) and last night I was on the verge of quitting the effort. But thank goodness for Monday mornings, I've restarted and halfheartedly recommitted. So don't quit posting - we have a whole new week ahead of us and then a new month coming up. By next Monday we'll both feel much better if we hang in and try to make it a solid op week. My commitment is getting stronger as I'm urging you on so maybe your post can work for both of us.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

When you're committed, when you're in control, when you're doing what you know is best for your body, when you're making real ground towards a real goal...when you're LOSING, doesn't it just feel so great?? Doesn't it feel wonderful waking up refreshed and motivated instead of bloated, downhearted and guilty because you were off-plan the day(s) before? Let's burn those great feelings into our brain and use them when we need them. The cliches ARE true ("nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"). When you're tempted, tired, bored (whatever your trigger) embrace the memory of those incredible feelings and use it to combat the desire to overeat.

Anagram is so right. Use the start of a new week as a new start to recapture the glory. The situations that caused the slips and the weight gained during them ARE in the past so forget about them (as Apryl says "you can't uneat what you ate" - just let it go and move on towards what you REALLY want).

After Christmas I started a thread (I forget the title, something like "The write here instead of eating thread"), the point of which was to provide a place to come when the urge to "stray" hit. Let's use it again. Tell a joke, share a poem, post a rant, a movie review, ANYTHING, as long as it takes your mind (and hands) away from food until the craving passes. Who knows, perhaps you'll post a gem that'll help others as well as yourself.

Okay, think I'll wander back into the staff kitchen for that - after all, surely the donuts have disappeared while I've been typing this
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Howie-

Jill is right! Keep those positive thoughts burned in your brain... Its your motivation! You can do it and I know it might be hard but don't leave us! We're here to help you, kick your buttocks and/or do whatever is needed to keep you going! You've come so far. Don't let that little bit of off days discourage you. Think about all the good days you've had on plan. Keep your eye on the goal. Don't let little speed bumps become road blocks in your journey. Drive right over em' You're in control here so take charge and get back in line.

Hows that for a soft tap in the rear Howie? Now straighten up! Just kiddin' You can do it Howie.. I KNOW you can and WILL! Right?
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

ok howie.. now that you and anagram are holding BOTH of each other's hands. neither of you can eat!!!!!

so BREATHE. LISTEN to all this wise advice. and take it an hour at a time. don't thiink about what MIGHT happen next week. just do what you need to do for this next hour.

and post a lot. it really helps.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Howie, you sweetheart, just keep on reading here -- don't stray far, and don't stray long. If you have to, do a search on "Howie," and see all the times you were talked about with care; read over all your posts, and listen to how motivated and positive and just plain HOPEFUL and IN CONTROL you have been.....you are so loved and cared for, and each one of us wants you to be happy healthy, and achieve what you want.

How about planning your meals for the week -- maybe do it with Kimberley, so that you both have a game plan for the coming days (and meals.)

Don't you worry your pretty little face about those 3 pounds. THey're nothing. Look at how far you've come!! 3 pounds??? Pshaw! I SPIT on those 3 pounds!

The key is to decide what you're going to do now, today, this week......and then take it one meal at a time....one choice at a time. Try your best to remove the possibility of making regrettable choices by setting yourself up for success. For instance, what are you having for lunch today? Start there. Do that for a few meals, and before you know it, you'll be back in your healthy routine.........and back to being a big old LOOZAH! I have every faith in you, Howie.

I KNOW you can get your groove back, Stella!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

All the advice about one meal at a time, one hour at a time? FOLLOW IT! Even if you have to break it down to making loving choices for yourself one minute at a time, or even one second at a time.

Something else you might want to explore through a private journal or a talk with your wife: What scares you about losing weight? (In the back of my mind, I worry about the extra attention being thin brings and how I will deal with it.) Sometimes, we've got these scary thoughts floating around and we don't even realize it, and we end up subconsciously defeating ourselves on purpose.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Howie, I've posting at 3FC for years and I've never felt like leaving because I wasn't losing weight. If only the people that were actually losing weight were allowed to post then there would be about 50 people here. :lol We aren't going to bust you because you've gained weight or aren't following your program.

Get over whatever led you off your path, that was yesterday. Get back into your routine of healthy eating and exercise and you'll see another 50 lbs off in no time. Do you want those 50 lbs back???
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:32 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Howie, check out this thread at Maintenance -- it's about maintenance, but it's COMPLETELY applicable to what you're going through right now, and I think it might help you.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #10  
Born Loser

Thanks for all the encouragement. I will make and I will stay on plan this day this week and this month. You all have really lifted my day and I appreciate it.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hey Howie ,

you have done absolutely the right thing by posting now - it shows you are still in control and it sounds like really you are in the process of making the CHOICE whether to get straight back on track, or continue to 'lapse' as you have done all the other times. I say - make the choice NOW Howie! Get straight back into it. I know my problem is always the same (and I think yours is too) - we let one 'bad' day turn into 2 bad days, then into a bad week, a bad month... until we are back here with our tails between our legs, upset that we are back where we started! If we just STOPPED at one bad day, then we really would have no problems!

You know you can lose that 3lb (and any extra) in ONE WEEK if you want to Howie - so GO FOR IT!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:19 PM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

That is the best thing about this place--there is always SOMEONE who has gone through the same thing, so it's never as if you are all alone.

As our wise Ms Apryl once said, you can't un-eat anything. All you can do is start *right now* making the best decisions possible.

I'd have to say that is the only drawback about 3FC--most of us don't live in the same city, so I can't call you & say, "Hey Howie, would you & Kimberley like to go for a walk with me?" because I would LOVE TO!!! We can't all be as lucky as glynne & incasmomma.

I have faith in you that you will tell those 3 pounds who's the boss.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Howie,

Listen to all the support you have here. There is no need to leave my dear, we're all here because we all struggle with the never-ending battle of weight-loss. We all feel like you're feeling right now, and that's why we come here.. To help each other move past it. Howie, I haven't talked to you directly too much yet, but you seem like a very strong and determined man. Like SAPF said, Kick those 3 lbs. in the butt!

If it makes you feel any better, I (and i'm sure everyone else here does) have felt like giving up. I cheated this weekend (a-lot) and then I found myself thinking today that why am I even bothering?! You know why we're bothering, not so we can "look" better but so we can FEEL better and be healthy.

When you feel like giving in, come here and post because I guarantee someone will be feeling the same way on that day and we can all help each other through it.

Well I should stop (sorry guys I tend to ramble ) but remember Every good choice you make will lead to good results in the end. Take it one minute, one day, one week at a time and look at where you'll be in a year from now.

Good Luck and Keep the Faith!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:00 AM   #14  
Born Loser

One day of the week down and I stayed on plan. I even celebrated last night with a hot fudge sunday from McDonalds and was still within my calories.

I found out last night that I will not be one of the ones they are getting rid of in this next set of layoffs. They are getting rid of 4 programmers and they told us this 2 months ago. So it has been kind of weighing on my mind.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Atta boy, Howie!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about the job. Try not to stress out too much- you'll work yourself into a tizzy and probably for nothing. Good luck
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote