Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #1  

Exclamation Let's support each other II on our weight loss journey - we ran out of room to post!!

Hi everyone! Here is a new thread, to continue on as we were with our old one! Wouldn't want us all to get lost, somehow!
Keep on posting, keep on supporting each other. We are doing great!!!!
Linda
Old 07-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #2  

Thank you Linda for your kind words. I'm sure I'll be feeling better soon. Food related, I had a take-out tonight as I was not in a mood for cooking. I completely spoiled my diet today, I ate ice-cream, it was low-fat but still, I ate quite much. I drank a lot of water though as my mouth was completely dry from all the cigarettes and the coffees and I did some walking. I'll try to get back on track tomorrow and focus on my friend cos she really needs me right now. Hopefully, we're a lot of friends here right now so we're helping each other. Thank you again to all of you, it means a lot to me. Take care all, and Linda have a great time on your trip!

Natalie
Old 07-25-2004, 06:19 AM   #3  

Natalie, I hope you get through this week in a positive way. Such a hard situation!
I used about 8 flex points yesteray, not great to be starting a vacation with that. But, we were technically on vacation as of yesterday, just chose not to leave until this morning, how's that for making up excuses! We went out to lunch and I had french fries, they were really great and it's been ages since I had any. I need to be in more control today and throughout the week, but have to forgive myself I I do have some of the things that I shouldn't. After all, we only get two vacations a year....
I will miss you all and be back here upon my return in a week.
Linda
Old 07-25-2004, 07:27 AM   #4  

Hi people, glad I found you, hope you are all ok. Natalie, hope you are ok. Ice cream does help just a little bit, doesn't it. Not the scales, but sometimes who cares. You'll get back on track when you are good and ready.
Linda has done exactly what I tend to do when I'm going away, and that is start the day before I go with the dodgy eating! It's as if I'm already there, even though I don't go for hours. Makes you feel as if you are already on vacation, without the sunshine! Don't blame you girl!
I'm having quite a good weekend so far. yesterday, I don't think I really ate very much at all, I seemed to hardly use any points for some reason, and did feel quite hungry by last night. Some days seem to go like that, but I didn't pig out last night, (except on a teeny weeny bit of chocolate! that doesn't count does it!) I still had about 5 points left, so maybe I ought to make up for it today. I do tend to find that I lose much better when I have used most of my points up, and usually I do, something obviously didn't go to plan yesterday. Oh well, more to use today! I've just had a yummy cherry bakewell cookie, I found them a couple of weeks ago and they only run at 1 point each, much better than a boring digestive any day. Only thing is, is can I stick at only one of them, I am craving another as I type, and I'll have to stay on here to try and take my mind off of it! I ought to try baking my own low point cookies, but I am rubbish at baking and cooking in general. This is why you won't ever see many of my recipes on here, because I don't often use them! I must get the poor cooking from my Mum, she's lousy too, and sometimes I do wonder that I ever made it to adulthood with some of her meals that I remember! I guess if I were a better cook that maybe I wouldnt have been so overweight in the first place, as I think it did make me rely more on the junk. The junk stuff is usually so easy to prepare and stick in the microwave or in the oven. The healthy stuff often takes more thinking about. Perhaps I should take a course. I'm not good at getting round to doing these things though, I do consider buying more of the WW cookbooks, but all they tend to do is look good in the kitchen, they very rarely get dusted off and opened, let alone used. Perhaps I should save my money and just keep doing as I'm doing now, and stick with the few things that I can manage - salad is good, spaghetti too, that's about it. Any advice appreciated!
Oh well, I suppose I will go and enjoy the rest of the weekend, It's raining, cold and feels very much like winter today, where is our summer? See ya later.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:19 PM   #5  

Hi guys! Found you in the new thread

Linda have a great time on your holiday, see you when you return!

Natalie, I'm so sorry to read of all you are going through. i am sending good vibes from England. Keep strong. Don't beat yourself up for not sticking to the diet at this worrying time.

Dawny, where IS our summer? It has been so horrible here all day, hardly makes you feel like being energetic and healthy! More like the weather for vegging in front of the tv with a load of snacks! Luckily, I have a new puppy, who has no interest in whether I feel like going out or not, so I just have to get on with it!

Yesterday I measured myself all over, and made a chart... it made for depressing reading. My thighs are now wider than my waist used to be. But seeing it in black and white, with a chart up until the end of the year just makes me feel all the more determined!

I have gone just slightly over my points this weekend, but have eaten lots of good stuff... I have vegetable overload! But last night I did have a few drinks! I'm quite pleased that my weigh in day is thursday - 3 full days to redeem my weekend!

Anyway, hope everyone is ok, and doing well - I love that I have this place to get stuff off my chest! I can't admit to people I know how much I weigh - its refreshing to be honest on here!

Love Fiona
Old 07-26-2004, 12:58 AM   #6  

Good evening, ladies! I logged on for a minute before going to bed and it looks like I have been gone for days!

Natalie - So sorry to hear about your loss. The ladies are right. Take care of yourself and eat healthy, but there's no need to focus on food right now. I am sure your friend appreciates the support you give her. It will be a rough time for all of you.

Late farewell to Linda - We'll be missing you and looking for your safe return!!

Fiona - Glad things are going well so far! I love the flexibility of WW points. Sometimes I just don't feel like veggies, and I like my carbs ...uh... maybe too much at times.

Dawny - Cooking has never been something that I have thought much about. The only thing I'm a disaster at is pies. Except peanut butter, they all turn out as pudding in a crust! I'm going to try one using instant pudding and see if that would set. Being on a tight budget, I haven't bought a cookbook in quite some time. I search the internet and have put together my constantly growing homemade version. There are a ton of WW recipes on here at your finger tips. You might want to try some crockpot recipes. They are mostly foolproof!

Update on my weekend: We had a great date last night. No kids yet, so we don't have to worry with a sitter, just DH's work schedule. The musical was just fair, but we enjoyed it. Then we went to a pub where I was a good girl and sipped 1 glass of wine. I enjoyed my meal at Applebees and since I didn't look at the other parts of the menu, I didn't feel like I was missing out. I had the onion soup that was delish, but too many onions left at the end and not enough soup. I also had the grilled tilapia with the salsa on the side. It would have been too spicy with it. I didn't have desert because I heard that the portions were very small and just didn't think it was worth the money. Dear Dear DH offered to order off the WW menu too. Though it was sweet, I told him to get what he wanted. Oops, forgot to count that bite I took of his steak. But, I had him cut what he offered in half.

Today, I went to my mother's house for a birthday gathering. I had only eaten a bowl of Special K for breakfast and we ate at 3, so I was getting very hungry. Definately used the rest of the day's points there, but it was yummy. We had a mad game of volleyball in the pool that probably lasted 1 1/2 hours, so I think I will be okay for the day.

Well, it is late now, so I will end.

Just wanted to say, I really appreciate each and every one of you. It is wonderful to get to share with you. Sending you all hugs and a carrot!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:26 AM   #7  

Good morning all, here I am again, wide awake and fully alert! Little AJ decided that the best time to get up this morning was just after 6am, and this is an excellent lie-in for me, as very often it can be at least 5am, and if I have a full day of work to look forward to as well, then of course I am very grateful to him! I do always have brekkie, even if I am up very early, I crave my crunchy nut cornflakes at any hour. I'm one of those people that can't live without my breakfast, and find it hard to understand the people that can cope until lunchtime without anything. I would wither away for sure if I had to do that. Although, one day last week, sorry to bore you, but I got out my box of the above, emptied into the bowl, and out crawled a spider! Not the nicest thing to find first thing in a morning, and as a total phobic where these creatures are concerned, the cornflakes went all over the kitchen. Everything else went into the dustbin. It was 3 more days before I could get to buy some more, and had to suffer toast, which is not my favourite, and I did feel as if I was starving to death by lunchtime.
Melanie, glad you had a nice evening, I think you can ignore one little tiny mouthful of steak, how many points could you possibly count for that anyway. Sounds like you had a fab family day too, we don't really have pools over here to play in, the weather couldn't stand it! Anything bigger than a childs paddling pool, 4 ft or so, is about as good as it gets. Thanks for the carrot, goes down well at 9am. See ya later.
Fiona, it's wierd, I was also measuring this weekend. My measurements never seem to change, no matter how many pounds I lose. I may be doing something wrong, but as long as I feel better, and the clothes hang a bit better, who cares. Good on you for doing the chart. Very brave thing to do, to actually see everything in black and white. Good incentive though, when you see the figures dropping. I usually do one with the weight loss in the journal every week, off putting if you have a bad week, but you have to stay positive, and look back to the good weeks, and just keep going. And come on here of course. Works wonders.

Ok gotta go for now. Maybe back later, See ya.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:56 PM   #8  

EEK!! Dawny! I will be picking through my Special K for months looking for something moving!! I don't have any exact fear of spiders, but I don't want them on the menu!

I did my measurements a few weeks ago and I am going to do them again at the end of the Bible Study in about 2.5 wks. But, I can tell I have lost. Without giving too much info you probably don't want, a corset that I got when we were married that was much too tight fit just right last weekend.

Well, I will be glad when the clock says I can go home. After the volleyball session yesterday and staying up too late last night, I feel like a bus parked on me!

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #9  

Good Morning All Hope everyone's doing ok.Natalie, hope things are getting a little better.Only time can heal,but the pain will always be there some.Hang in there.We're here for you.Melanie, I wish I had measured when I started.Maybe that 5 week yo-yo wouldn't have been so frustrating.Losing inches even when the scales won't budge. Fiona,When I started this 43lbs. by my 43rd bday challenge in January. I got some graft paper from my step-daughter.I made a chart, top line with a day for each week that I would WI,Wednesday.Down the side I put the lbs. starting with 43 42 41 etc..I used a marker and would draw a line each week what I did.Believe me it wasn't pretty at times,But it was good motivation.I hung it on my bedroom wall.The only ones in there are me and my husband.We were looking at this morning. Alot of ups and downs. But 25.5 lbs. off since 1/7/04 Also I never tell anyone what I weigh.But in January when I started this.I called my husband into the bathroom to see while I stood on the scales.I have a wonderful man in my life.He never judges.He loves me anyway,shape,or form.He does everything he can to support me.I am a lucky woman. Hang in there.We're here for you though.Dawny,My step-daughter was eating a bowl of raisin bran.She noticed little peices floating on top of the milk.It was ants in the raisins She checks everything out now. WI went great. I lost 3.2lbs. Evidently I did break my yo-yo. On vacation this week though.Need to be VERY careful.I'm not used to having this much free time Had planned on painting the house,but it's raining.So I'm keeping the lil guy home with me.It's great spending time with him.I have to work and he goes to daycare.A really Great daycare.His Grandma says he farther advanced than his cousin who is a full year older.I was worried about him being behind.Where he was a preemie.Well enough babble out of me.He's picking out a movie.We watched The Sandlot 3times yesterday.If not that, then the Jurassic Park movies over and over Life is never dull with a toddler.I LOVE IT!!! Bye for now girls
Old 07-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #10  

Good Morning! Yep! It is! Really Good! I am wearing a shirt and jacket that had been hiding in the shameful corner of my closet reserved for clothing that, uh, shrunk So, today I decided to try it on. It even buttons now! These moments are the fun part!

Dale – Aren’t supportive hubbies great!? Mine is for the most part. He loves the healthy recipes I cook, but admits he likes the unhealthy better.

Are you guys trying to break me from cereal!?  Eek! I hate ants. So much, I put the cereal boxes on top of the fridge. If they find them up there, they can have them!

Great loss, Dale! I hope I have one like that tomorrow! I feel like I have been eating too much, but I have been counting everything and still have about 20 flex points! So, I guess I’m doing pretty good.

Not much else to report this morning. Maybe more later!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #11  

Hey guys, I'm back. Thank you for your kind words, things are looking a little better. I really spoiled my diet the last 3 days, I'm trying to get back on track today. so far I've done good. I really have to push myself to stick to my points cos it's so damn easy to fall off the wagon, once you spoil it for one time. I'll skip my weigh-in this Wednesday, as the news will only depress me more. Hope you all have a great time, take care!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:29 PM   #12  

Natalie - I'm glad things are going better for you. It will probably be a while before you have a really great day, but maybe some great moments. I really have to plan to stay on point. Cooking at home helps me tons. I fix a healthy dinner and usually have leftovers for a good lunch the next day. Prowling around on the internet has given me some great recipes and food ideas. I totally agree on skipping the WI if you have a pass. Just get back on track and have a great one next week. But, no guilt for anything you have eaten over the past few days. That is in the past. We can only work on today!

Have a good Tuesday!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #13  

Hi everyone, another day gone and WI tomorrow night. I don't really know how I've done this week. I am hoping that the .5 put on last week will have melted away, and hopefully an extra.5 to go with it. I really want to hit my 35 pound lost mark. I have found in the past then I get to roughly the weight that I am now, that I start to stick a bit and find it a bit up and down. I guess birthdays, vacations and weekends away don't help that much. I have been pretty good this past week so I will be disappointed if the WI doesn't go to plan. Time will tell.
Melanie, oh dear, I am sorry about the cereal thing. (although I don't think I'm the only one to blame for that, am I Dale? haha) It was horrid though, and not recommended points values! I don't think I will ever get over it, and I will carefully examine every box, every morning without fail forever more. How sad is that? Very, when you hate spiders and love cereal. Isn't it just great when the old clothes suddenly fit. It's usually the ones we wouldn't want to wear again in a million years, I have found, so what makes us try those items on again is anyones guess, but the thrill of not even having to squeeeeeze into something you haven't worn in years is great. Also a good moment, is what I call a fitting room moment, when you go to a shop, pick up your regular size to try on, and it's too big! Hasn't happened alot in my past, but now it does now and again, and to have to fetch a smaller size for a change is terrific.
Dale, you did great this week. You started WW the same day as me. Was yours a final new years resolution too? I decided that this was the year to turn my life around once and for all. I'm glad I made that choice. How old is your little one? My little AJ goes to day nursery, he's almost 3, going through the terrible twos (although we've had those since he was aged 1!) Love him to bits, my world wouldn't be the same without him, although once in a while a lie-in would be nice! I try to take him swimming once a week, my little bit of exercise, and now I don't worry about being seen in public, a year ago I would have cringed at the thought of my swimsuit being in public view!
Natalie, good to hear from you again. Great that you are starting to pick yourself up and keep going. WI will wait until you feel up to it. It will still be there when you are ready, I'm sure your leader will understand. They are always at the end of a phone if you need to talk, and of course we are always here!

Well, Its nearly AJs bedtime, so I'd better go and give cuddles and a bath to the little man in my life. I'm sure the big man would fancy the same...he can wait!

See ya later,
Old 07-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #14  

Hi All,Had to run and get a new kitty.Which is now a permanent fixture behind the washing machine.She insists she isn't coming out.She just needs to adapt.Sorry about the ants Melanie,but twas a true story though We seal everything (once its been opened) in storage bags or put it in the fridge.Ants were terrible this year.Fantastic news about the clothes that shrunk. Been there done that,remembers how it feels Can't wait till I will be able to say the same. Dawny,I started my personal challenge 1/7/04.I didn't join WW till 5/10/04.I was struggling on my own. My Aric will be 3 on Nov. 8.He missed his Daddy's bday by 2 hours(Nov.9).They get to celebrate together though.Alot of celebrating about that time.Our wedding anniversary is Oct.28.My bday is Oct.29.I had to marry before my bday or else people would think I am 5 years older than him.I'm only 4 years older.Thank You Then we roll into their bdays.Thank God I can pass up cake(most of the time).Got my for tomorrows WI.Hang in there.If it hadn't been for you guys I wouldv'e dropped out.That 5 weeks of yo-yo.was ****.It was probably a plateau where I had been on it awhile.Even though I wasn't talking to you guys yet.You guys talking to each other pulled me through.Now that I have you totally I'll close for now.Check back later.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #15  

Hi Dawny! I'm okay from the spiders and ants, but it will cross my mind the next time I poor a bowl!

Shopping in my closet is fun, but I do look forward to going and buying smaller sizes. My dream is to one day shop for clothing and not be in the puny plus size section - but to find myself romping in a vast meadow of blouses, slacks, and jeans in the promised land. When I tried WW before, my mother offered to purchase a new wardrobe if I lost 50#. I have to find a way to ask if that offer is still good, in a non-greedy way.

Dale - oooo... I wish I could have a kitten. DH is allergic and my landlord says no. Oh, well. I had kittens most of my childhood. Once I got a kitten and when I got her home I set her in the litter box. She fell asleep there and was box trained for life! I bet Aric is having fun with his new pet! - So, you have a younger man too! DH is 2 1/2 years younger than me. Yes, I count the 1/2!

I'm glad that you have been visiting the thread and we could help. I'm more glad you decided to join in. It is a bit addictive though! I love chatting with you all. Lurking is a good hobby too though. I have gained a ton of ideas and recipes checking in on other sites.

Time to go home and I am starving! I am starting dinner as soon as I walk in the door. I used SF Pudding mix to make a chocolate pie on my lunch break. I can hardly wait for dessert!
Closed Thread