Old 07-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #1  

Thumbs up a little bit of motivation

Hello, it's alison again. Posting on here is addictive, I think. Anyway, I thought maybe I could share a part of my day and my mind with those of you who might be a little discouraged at the time, or just want to hear about me, lol.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I planned to walk and I walked. For and hour and a half. In the hot hot heat, to starbucks where all I got was an iced tea becuase I "had to be good" and then I schlepped over to king's to buy Rice cakes, and fruit and all of the non-mouthwatering-healthy food I could find. And then began the long trek home, and here I am. I'm tired, and hot, and my arms hurt from carrying the grocery bags and I think I might have even gotten a little sunburn. Sounds like I'm complaining huh? well, I'm not, becuase after all of that, I feel the best I have in a year.

I made a plan, and I stuck to it, I feel energized, even though I'm tired, I feel happy even though my body hurts. It's all becuase I'm making steps to make my life better and just by agreeing with myself to do that, I already feel better. It's a great and wonderful thing, and if you're ever discouraged or tired of "being good" or hurting, remember that you are experiencing that now, but soon, you'll have the life you've been working and hurting for.

For years, practically my whole life, I've longed for a different life, a life where I felt good about myself and what I was doing. Now, I have that life. Yeah, I'm not skinny yet, and maybe I don't even care if I ever am, as long as I know that my life is in my own hands, that I can make it better and theres not this power over me forcing me to be unhappy, then maybe, I don't ever have to be unhappy about myself again. This diet and excercise plan is not so I can be a size 2, it's so I can be happy and satisfied with all my efforts at what ever size I end up at. If it's a 2...so be it. lol. Even though I'd be just as happy at a 12 or more, even...Because I'm just as happy with me.
NYCchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:47 PM   #2  
missaprylj

Alison-

If you keep that up; that attitude that you drummed up today, you will be 160lbs. in no time. What a *great* attitude. Wow. YOU GO GIRL!!! -Apryl

P.S. GREAT avatar.... I *love* Office Space!!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Now THATS the attitude of a champion! I couldn't have said it better myself. That is very motivating!! Kudos to you! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on reaching that "place" in your journey. Keep up the great work. I'll have my eye on you for sure!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:00 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Alison, you rock!!!

Ok, here's the thing...... I believe that I have discovered the secret to weight loss, to success in everything....to life itself, actually. The secret is: A GOOD ATTITUDE. And you, Alison........you have the very, very, VERY best attitude! Listen up, because I'm serious as a heart attack here: you are going to succeed! Keep hold of that feeling you have today, and hold it dear, and nurture it like you're choosing to nurture your body. If ever it falters, come here for help, because a lot of us help one another with that very well. As long as you keep this flame alive, you absolutely will succeed.

I think you're just great, and I'm really glad you're here -- and I very much look forward to your continued presence here......THANK YOU for writing such a great post, and for sharing your positivity with all of us here.

Hey, where are you moving in NYC? I grew up in Chelsea.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Yeah.... EXACTLY what she said *pointing at sarah*
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:30 AM   #6  
Live for the Moment!

Alison - Keep up the great attitude! Its the key to success... seriously!

I agree with you on this board being addictive.... It keeps me going on plan on a daily basis and I know I've said it millions of times, but I love everyone here... Without them, I'd feel lost in this journey!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:50 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sometimes it's those little things like "sticking to what I said I would do" that makes you feel like a friggin' champion! Today, I took one drink of a slurpee that my little sister (who was being thoughtful) got me. I didn't need all that sugar. Man, it felt great to say no.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
I think you're just great, and I'm really glad you're here -- and I very much look forward to your continued presence here......THANK YOU for writing such a great post, and for sharing your positivity with all of us here.

Hey, where are you moving in NYC? I grew up in Chelsea.

And I am so glad to be here It's places like this that really let someone know that they ahve the support of others and it makes everything so much more wonderful and exciting when you jave people to share your success with.

I'm going to NYU in the fall, and moving into a dorm on 3rd Avenue, by union square.
NYCchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wow!! What a great post!! It really sounds like you have your head on straight! What a great attitude. They say that this whole weight loss thing is 95% psychological .

Thanks for sharing!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

hmmmm. who do i know who's also going to NYU??? there must be SOMEONE!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

You go girl! Gretchen is right- definitely the attitude of a champ!

Sarah, every time I hear Chelsea, i hear that leonard cohen song "chelsea hotel no 2." I don't know why! But what a cool place to grow up.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:57 AM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Alison, I agree with what everyone else has said! Your post really made me smile because I can identify so much with what you said.

I love that you are not waiting till you are slim to be happy, but are choosing to be happy and love yourself NOW - that will ensure your success for sure, and is something that I am really working on at the moment.

I can tell you are going to be a great addition to the 100lb club!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #13  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06
Sarah, every time I hear Chelsea, i hear that leonard cohen song "chelsea hotel no 2." I don't know why! But what a cool place to grow up.
I grew up like 3 blocks from the Chelsea Hotel! It's quite a cultural landmark in NY. Andy Warhol, The Velvet Underground, Joni Mitchell....so many cool people stayed there...... It's on 23rd Street, I grew up in a commune on 20th. Leonard Cohen is so amazing, don't you think? His voice.....
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:48 AM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm glad you had such a good day!

One of my best friends just moved to the edge of Chelsea/****'s Kitchen/Midtown.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:21 AM   #15  

I can totally relate to your post. Keep up the good work and the fabulous attitude. Good Luck to you!
Angelic_Me is offline   Reply With Quote