Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2004, 04:01 PM   #1  

Unhappy Givin'up

Hi there! I was following a diet, trying hard to lose weigh, I lost about 7 pounds, and now I just want to give up..i'm going through rough times and I would eat this world and another one...I'm so sad about myself how can I destroy myself like this?I want to feel right about myself I was so happy what's happening with me?What can I do?can someone just tell me to grow up?? Please some help!

Kisses
Andreia

Last edited by maat; 07-18-2004 at 04:12 PM.
maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:51 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh honey.. you're breaking my heart here!!! you were doing GREAT- and i'm not talking about the numbers: i'm talking about your attitude, enjoying the exercise, the change in foods, the energy. you've learned so much about taking care of yourself.. and you've done a wonderful job of it.

and now that you're going through some tough times [and we all know that there are tough times in this world!!!!], you're forgetting about taking care of yourself? about doing what's best for YOU???? you are WORTH this effort. and it's a gift that you need to give yourself.

what would you say to a friend who was going through something similar??? would you get her a hot fudge sundae? or take a walk with her?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:52 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Do you mind if I ask how old you are first, does that have something to do with you wanting someone to tell you to grow up?

You are very close to your goal weight and your body is going to fight harder to keep that weight on. You've done well losing 8 lbs already, don't beat yourself up because it isn't coming off as fast as you'd like. If you keep at it, eating healthy and exercising you will look and feel good.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:30 PM   #4  

Default thanks

hi there!thank you so much for your replies!!!I really need the support you gave me, thank you so so much!!
I'm 19 years old, I really want to change lots of things in my life, i really need to become an adult. Changing my body is what I need to gain confidence to achieve other goals in my life but my insecurity always seems to make all my plans to fail...thanks again for your support, I'm trying hard not to fail again...That analogy about the friend really made me think, of course I would help her why do you I insist to eat the sundae, I should be helping myself!?I really need to be more friendly with myself...

love to you both and thks once again
kisses
maat

Last edited by maat; 07-19-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #5  

Hello Maat. Honey it's good to want to make positive changes in your life - go for it! but remember to try not to change all the things at one time or else you will get overwhelmed. You are your own best friend, so treat yourself the way you would like a friend to treat you. Hang in there, will pray for you. Keep up the good work. Another thing, you may want to consider keeping a journal, sometimes writing your thoughts and feelings will help you understand your actions better. God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

pssssssst. maat.. here's a secret from an old lady: it's not the weight that's making you insecure - it's your insecurity that's keeping you from living your life the way you want to!!!

hold your head up. tell yourself that YOU CAN DO THIS. in fact. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

really... that's a promise i'm making here. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.

anything at all.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 AM   #7  

you have lost 7 lbs allready that is wonderful. just keep telling your self you are wonderful! i have to tell myself that. i have lost 43lbs and right now i am wanting to eat everything.i have to keep telling my self the next day i will do better. i have been buying new clothes that are smaller and i enjoy buying them and hear the people saying nice things to me. that helps me to try to eat less. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I don't think anyone has to tell you to grow up because, at any age, weight loss can be an emotional rollercoaster. As your weight goes down or up so do your emotions and thats perfectly fine but just understand that you're winning this battle, hun. You're doing this to feel better about yourself and to make a better life for yourself and honestly, think about how you would feel if you did, indeed, give up. You've come 7 pounds farther than you thought you could, I bet! And those pounds are now behind you! Your "old you" is behind you so just think about all the hard work and new things you've tried. You can do this, we all know you can. And if you ever feel you can't then you know you're not alone and people are always here to talk to you. People who know how hard being a loser can be! So, just know that you are a winner at losing, and you're part of a group that knows how hard it can be to basically make an entirely new start on a life you've already spent 19 years living! But just be strong, we all know you are anyway.
-Usagi
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #9  

Talking Back in business!

Hi there everyone!
After a long struggle I decided to begin my diet again! I gained 3 pounds . I began yesterday my new diet. I would really like to thank you all for the support you gave me, you really helped me out, I spend a lot of time thinking about me, my diet, my goals, my desires. I've now decided that losing weight is what I really want and I'm now on holidays so I even have lots of time to dedicat to my goal! I know that's what I need and I would accomplish it! I wish you all the best of luck in this hard road to success! We can make it, I'm sure!!!

Lots of kisses
maat

PS: Love to all....
Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 PM   #10  

Honey we all have our ups and downs. You came here so that is a start. What you need is a good boost of self esteem. You are a gift to the world, never forget that. God has a plan for you and your life. He did not create you because He had nothing better to do, He created you with a specific purpose in mind. Now, I must have misuderstood - I always thought I had to grow old, but no one told me I had to grow up!! HOney don't be in such a rush, you are young, enjoy your youth, because before you know it you will be all grown up and wonder what happened to your youth. Hang in there you can do it and we will help you. God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #11  
IronAngel

You weigh 128 and you are this upset???? I dream about weighing 128. I was ecstatic when I reached 164 (I am 5'5) and have put back on a bit during a move and loss of my job (and lack of funds to retain my gym membership).... Please keep your head up and know there are people out there a lot worse off than you are......you have your whole life ahead of you.....I wish I could be 19 again sometimes...just give it your all and things will work out, and you have to believe that!!

Last edited by IronAngel; 07-27-2004 at 10:09 PM.
IronAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:57 PM   #12  

Hee, never grow up! Learn to be responsible, live life to the fullest, and do what you gotta do to make it day to day, but never grow up. I'm 27, but I forget when people ask me, because it's all just a number. Not to mention that I got a baby face, and new braces on my teeth, I still get carded for cigarettes when I try to buy them for my sis!

A favorite saying of mine: "You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing."

Don't feel bad about the weight either, just keep chugging along. Me? I start my diet over again almost every day! I only really fail when I decide to not try again.
lilwolfe006 is offline   Reply With Quote