Old 07-16-2004, 07:48 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#548

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Just dropping in for a quick visit.

Today was a horrendously long day. Although not nearly as crappy as Lisa had yesterday.

This morning at around 3ish, I woke up thinking I was hearing some noise. Gosh, like a horn. So I took the earplug out and then figured I was dreaming, put it back and went back to sleep. Then around 3:45ish, the phone rings. My first though is...who's dead. But it was the neighbor across the street and my next thought is, I put the dog in the garage and the door was open and the dog is running the neighborhood. But he's saying to me....do you know that the tornado sirens are going off and 90-100 mph winds are supposed to be headed our way? Well NO. He and our other nice neighbor had been outside watching and were concerned since none of our lights were on that we didn't know what's coming. At that point, I freak in a big way. I'm running around trying to find clothes and yelling at DH to put something on because I guess I'm convinced the house will be blown to smithereens and I'll be standing in the street - don't want to do that without clothes; especially without the bra. I am not rational at 3:30 and definitely not when I think its a tornado. So, it turned out to be a massive rain, lightening and thunder that passed through. Thanks Paul for scaring the crap out of me. There were rotation clouds in the area but not our neighborhood. We went back to bed and another loud storm rolled through. Sleeping this morning was not good. DH and I talked tonight that it was really good that our neighbors were concerned about us; but there is that other part that says how nice it would have been not to get that phone call that woke us up.

I have been so frazzled and brain dead all day. I'm too tired to eat. Well almost.

I am going to try to get up and bike ride in the morning. We have yard work to do and yard work out at the barn too. I'm hoping the wind is mild or non-existant so we can get some time on the boat too. Other than that, it will be a weekend of same old, same old.

I need to go eat and then I'm headed to bed. Have a good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW Lisa... what a day. We have been on septic tanks for 30 years and never had that problem... thank goodness. LOL Hope you enjoy your mini vacation.

Syn... good to see you and glad to hear you are still "tweeterpated".
I think that was the term... LOL If not... I still got a big smile thinking about it.

Kat... I mailed you a package a couple of days ago. I hope you get it before you leave. Nothing fancy.... just found something at a garage sale... and I HAD to buy it for you.

Terri... sounds like you had a wild night. I know how those storms can be. I am glad it was a false alarm.

Well.. my daughter wants the computer. I gotta go. I will try to get back later tonight.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

ooh ooh...a surprise! For me!? Thank you in advance for thinking of me, my little 2cute! I will keep an out for the mail...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:09 PM   #5  

Smile

I finally got my laundry done and some other errands.

I was going to get my hair colored last night but my stylist didn't get her delivery and didn't have my color. SO tonight, since I was pressed for time, I swung by her place she put the color on, a plastic cap and a towel around my neck and off I went. To save time I drove home like that and washed the color out after the appropriate amount of time. I only met one car thank goodness.

Anyway, tomorrow I head for the cities. Sunday some friends and I are getting together to go to a concert and have a bon voyage party for another friend who is marrying a multi-millionaire and moving to England. The friend and her fiance leave for England Monday. Should be fun!!!! Needless to say I don't know how dieting will go. Sunday night the multi-millionaire is taking us out to eat and drink before the concert - I am not passing this up!!!! Calories be damned!!!!

I will check in before I leave in the morning.

Night,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:12 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

I've found my new reality show!

The Assistant with Andy Dick. SO FUNNY!! It's a parody of The Apprentice with the obnoxiously annoying (that's what I love about him!) Andy Dick.
MTV. Mondays. 10pm. Check it out. Really.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:03 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

It's early and I'm awake and alert so I'm off to the office to put in a few hrs. OT. I hate over time but I can use the extra $'s.

Yesterday was great food wise. Now for today. Back later to catch up.

Bye,
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #8  

Happy weekend ladies!

Well, I never made it back in here after my hair appt. yesterday, but it was for a good reason...my neighbor came over when I got home and brought me some organic tomatoes and then we decided to go out shopping and walk the mall for some exercise. It was really lots of fun doing that with someone else and I think that we are going to make it a weekly thing I came home and made my homemade pizza for supper, which is always a good thing and I would have been fine with one slice, but I ended up using a bit of extra dough and making a seperate little 8" pizza to try the chicken bbq pizza I have seen lots of places are starting to carry now, and I had to have a tiny slice of that. It's definately interesting...like having a bbq pulled chicken sandwich on dough, really *L* My son and I actually liked it pretty well, but hubby wasn't all that impressed, so that will put it on the menu for nights when Chris is out of town on trips and such. I did manage to find some green tomatoes at the Farmer's Market and am going to "make a mess" of them this weekend...Yummmm!

Not much time to write today either...we have cars to wash and yard work to do and more errands to run out in town.

Terri ~ Oy, I sooo dislike having my beauty sleep interrupted too. Those calls in the middle of the night really do make your mind fizzle, going to the worst possible conclusions on why that phone could possibly be ringing. I am glad no damage was done to your home and hopefully you got a really good night's sleep last night I really love storms, but I definately would not have been too upset to be called in the middle of the night if there were a chance to keep from being woken up with one passing through my bedroom *eeps* *LOL* It really is nice that you have neighbors who are concerned enough to make sure you are alerted to these things. We had a hurricane pass through here last year and electricity was out and the whole thing was just so surreal, but we kept in close contact with several neighbors and then all got together when it got dark to play some cards to pass the time with nothing else to do but storm watch *L* Speaking of which...Did anyone else kinda wish they were a storm chaser when the movie, "Twister" came out?

Lucky ~ Hehe...I just have to laugh at thinking of you driving through town with that hair color still in your hair and the people's looks at the stoplights in cars next to you...hope you waved and smiled at them like you were "just that crazy" *rofl* Ohh, sounds like you have an absolutely heavenly weekend ahead of you...you are definately most "lucky" hehe Can't wait for you to get back and tell us all about it...have FUN!!!

kat ~ I did watch the first episode of "The Assistant" this week. Andy "Dick" really lives up to his name, I tell ya *L* I just know there is no way that I could ever work for him...he is almost too much over the top, even for reality TV, but yes, I am hooked and will probably keep watching to see what else he puts these poor, unsuspecting people through. Well, after all, I guess that is why we watch reality TV...fer shame...I hate it that it's so fun *giggle*

Syn ~ Best of luck with that "special friendship"! Seems to me that you are very happy and that can only lead to all types of good things happening for you in the future. Kudos on taking it slow and enjoying yourself, chickie!

Thin ~ How did the day go celebrating with your mom for her birthday? It sounds like you really were planning to make her feel very special and loved and what more can you ask for on your birthday? I don't live close to my mom and really miss getting to spend time with her like I used to be able to do. Hope you are feeling better as well finally!

Judy ~ Don't work too hard

Guess I best end and send this off and get out and join in the carwash fun *L* Have a goodun' all!

Kit
Kitaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hello Ladies and Happy Saturday!
I am up and still groggy and tired. Yesterday I felt so icky all day and just didn't know why. Well, this morning I figured it out when my period found! And my body is not happy with me! My Dr. said it would take about 2 weeks because of all the meds and procedures, so I was a little surprised, but now I know why I felt so horrible yesterday.

Today is not going to be much of anything - getting my hair cut and highlighted this afternoon, running some errands, hoping to get to a farmers market for some fresh produce. And probably laying on the couch with cramps.

Please forgive my lack of personals this morning...going to take the dogs out and round up some breakfast!

Have a beautiful day!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Sure is quiet around here...

I just came in from cutting the grass. I'm going to maximize calories burned by riding my bike to the pool club and going for a swim. Then I am DONE for the day. Except for making dinner...and cleaning up...and preparing for tomorrow's dinner. I have never been so diligent about meals before. I have my darling diabetic to thank for that! We are all eating much better now...there's that silver lining!

So, I hope everyone is having a good day. See ya later!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:19 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

J-ann...I just read your bio and had to reply. I just watched Dark Victory the other night...(hadn't seen it in years) and was crying so much at the end, dh came out of his room to see what the **** was so upsetting!

LOVE that Bette Davis!! LOVE that movie!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for Now, Voyager.....*sob*

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-17-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Ah Kat,

DARK VICTORY .....I haven't seen it in a while either. I'd love to get my hands on the updated TV remake (Elizabeth Montgomery, Anthony (not scarey in this film) Hopkins and Michelle Lee. It was on in the mid 70's and I haven't seen it since then. Whoa was he sexy.I think I remember another remake, probably from the 50's but I've never found it anywhere.

Ladies, if you need a good cry to clean out your pipes. This movie will do it. (b/w, 1939, with every actor the studio had on the payroll.)

sob, sob, sob, sob, sob, sob
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning ladies
Dh and I are going into town to buy food and I told him I would take him out to breakfast at Shoneys
I have been eatting a lot of salads this week I may start hopping. Have any of you tried the Fiesta Salad that McDonalds has now? It is good and only 390 cal according to their site.
The library will be closed next week for inventory so I have to go in at 8 everyday and work till at least 5.
Hope all of you have a great day. catch all later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Good Sunday morning.
I have had one busy weekend so far... and today I am babysitting this afternoon and tonight we are having everyone here for my son-in-law's birthday.
Not sure why I am posting... I don't have much to say. Just wanted to check up on everyone.
I haven't eaten yet this morning so I am off to find something to fill this growling tummy. LOL
Hope everyone has a great day !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Thumbs up Better than the morning coffee!

EXERCISE, that is! I am currently drenched with sweat, just waiting for my heart rate to return to normal before I jump into the shower. I got up at 5 with hubby to get his food ready for work. I know, I know...he could do it himself but he's dumb. Not intellectually...but when it comes to food choices...welllll...let's just say he's nutritionally impaired! Neither of us have had the time to meet with a dietician or take the diabetic teaching classes they have at the hospital, so for now we're winging it. I plan on getting over to Barnes & Noble before we leave for Maine and get some good reading materials for him/us.

Anyway...I digress...back to my sweat story...

Once he left for work, I wasn't really tired anymore. I had laid clothes out last night for the gym. Feeling real adventurous, I decided to ride my bike there, take my favorite Body Pump class and ride home. About 20 minutes total bike ride. But I miscalculated the time of the class...Kickbox was at 8, followed by Body Pump. What the heck, I was there, may as well go for it and take both. My God,the sweat!!! My hair looks like I just got out of the shower! But it feels so GOOD! I could seriously become an exercise addict. The only problem is GETTING THERE. I can think of a million excuses why I should not go. Good intentions...bad follow through!
Take last night, for instance. I was going to ride to the pool, swim, and ride home. Then I thought, "well, I really should make dinner first." Then my daughter was leaving for work, so I got her dinner ready before ours. Then I had to clean up, so I wouldn't have a mess waiting for me when I got back. Then dh got home from work, talking about going to the movies. So we had to see what was playing and decide. (my choice...with exceptions: NO chick flicks and NO Farenheit 9/11!) That left King Arthur and I Robot...and Anchorman! Have you seen sny of these yet, Thin? Reviews, please!

Anyway, I decided that I'd rather that we went for a walk instead. Then we couldn't decide whether or not to drive to the boardwalk or just go around the neighborhood with the dog. (do you see why it takes me so long to do anything?? All these decisions!) We finally settled on riding the bikes to the coffee shop where my daughter works...thinking that we'd get some sugar free ice cream! Once we were there, though, we opted for iced cappucinos...with skim milk, of course. Didn't want to replace the calories that we had just burned. So that was a good thing. He's worse than I am with procrastinating about exercise...but he's getting better. He has no choice.

Okay, well, I sure rambled on and on there, didn't I?? I think I'll hit the shower and see what the day has in store for me!

Have a good one, all! And come POST!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-18-2004 at 11:13 AM.