General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 12:16 PM   #1  

Unhappy

hi, i went on such a binge yesterday, with all carbos. tator tots peirogies,pastina. god i was so sick when i went to bed, maybe i finally hit rock bottom. i felt that was my last binge on carbos. i have had the somersizing in my closet, but didnt give it much of a chance, i thought it was to complicated, but i realize this way i am eating now isnt any easier. would really love to hear if anyone is on this or has had success with this. or if anyone knows of a website i could go to for support. this has to be my last step. i know i have to give up my weekend alcohlo which would make this really hard. but i think this is what i need. well wish me luck. thanks
Old 06-01-2001, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

I too read suzanne somer's books and they sounded a bit too complex for me to follow but, I am of the opinion that she has the best plan for a low-carb diet that I've seen.
I know she has community boards at her website and I believe there are some on the subject of somersizing. You could probably get more info there

http://www.suzannesomers.com/Community/

Hope that helps

Chris
192/169/130
Old 06-01-2001, 01:10 PM   #3  
CBC

S/C/G: 211/211/125

Height: 5'1"

I just finished reading her latest book and will be starting her program this weekend. I tried Sugar Busters last fall and had some success on it but I wasn't consistent with it - which is the key to any program you choose to follow.

I have read a lot of the posts at her website and they are very encouraging. Also read the transcriptions of her "chats". You might find some useful information there too.

Good luck to you if/when you start the program. I'd like to hear how you're doing on it and would love some support for myself too!

Hope to hear back from you soon
Old 06-01-2001, 02:37 PM   #4  

Default Somersizing

Hi-glad to hear someone else wants to do this program-seems there were a lot more before. Well-I have been doing low fat and exercise and nothing was coming off so I tried Somersizing again. This is only my fourth day and I haven't been perfect (can't find diet jello on the list). I do find it difficult finding the foods-I have allergies to wheat and milk and I have a problem with certain vegetables-but I do believe it works more than other diets. I am also considering going back to WW but I'm already down a pound and a half. I really only have a few lbs to lose but at 62 they come off quite hard. So lets keep talking!!!!
Old 06-01-2001, 02:37 PM   #5  

Default yes some company!

thanks silence, for the website. i know it will take some time to get used to, i really have to make my best effort.

hi cbc, i did start it today, its friday. i am doing great so far and i am not hungry and it is pms. maybe i am just ready now. i thought i was in the past, but everyone has that lightbulb messege. i will let you know how i am doing,it will help me to tell you. and when i think i am going to cheat, i will post here. i am 5'3 and 186 lbs, i would like to get down to 125. i do excercise. i am going to check out her website now. good luck if you start this weekend. i like my drinks on the weekend so this will be a true challenge, and i will be honest when i tell you how i did over the weekend, i am more worried about a cocktail than the food.
Old 06-01-2001, 03:32 PM   #6  
CBC

S/C/G: 211/211/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies,

It's nice to see at least a few of us are interested in this program.

Mima - I think there are other carbs besides wheat that you could have on this program. From reading some of the posts on Suzanne's website, you could do all pro/fat meals and do fine on her program. Also, did you see the forum for Lite Carbing with WW. I've been on WW before and like the program but I need something to help with the sweet and carb cravings, that's why I'm going to try Somersizing.

Willbethin - We can make it thru this weekend!!!! It sounds like we have the same goal. I am 5'1 but I weigh 200 lbs so you have a head start on me but I'll catch up soon!

If this thread get too long (I hope) we could move our talks over to the Support board - just a suggestion.

Hope you ladies have terrific weekend!!!!! I'm anxious to hear from you on Monday
Old 06-01-2001, 06:52 PM   #7  

Default great idea cbc

all you somersizers, lets meet at the support board. i will be the first to post. lets go!!!!
Old 06-03-2001, 10:44 AM   #8  

Default whole wheat pasta

Found whole wheat pasta-Hodgson Mill-in the grocery store. www.hodgsonmill.com-maybe it will tell where to buy it-and 1-800-525-0177 ext.31-Great for somersizing!!!Mima
Old 06-04-2001, 01:22 PM   #9  

FYI........

The June 5 Woman's World has an article by Suzanne Sommers.
I think it is basically the Somersizing plan in a very concise and easy to follow version. I found it interesting. Hope this helps.
Ramona
Old 06-04-2001, 02:01 PM   #10  

Angry i did see that

thanks bootwoman. are you somersizing?
Old 06-04-2001, 02:45 PM   #11  

Default not yet.....

this article is really the first I've read on the somersizing. I'm going to look over it again though. It sounds like something I could probably do. I've lost 44 pounds counting calories, but I might try this just for a change.
Ramona
Old 06-04-2001, 03:14 PM   #12  

i lost, going up and down for two month, on no diet approach, just trying, to eat less. but it took so long cause i of course there were days i just lost it, i needed to be a little more disiplined. so i hope this is it. congrats on 44 pounds lost that is great!!! good luck.
Closed Thread