Old 07-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Cool Weekly Chat 7/11-7/17

Happy Monday all!

This is my first time starting the chat thread! Go Me for a first!

Anyways, I know everyone is busy with enjoying the summer time...so those of you who are still hanging around....let's post something that we would like to accomplish this week as far as a weight loss or non-scale victory...just something to keep us focused.

Sometimes if you keep it broke down into smaller increments...it helps with the long distance goal!

I would like to see a loss of two lbs this week, or even one, I plan to accomplish this buy eating right, drinking lots of water, and hitting the track for at least two-three miles each night...minus Sunday if I make my goal
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #2  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like a great idea, Spill!! My goal for the week will be to reach 160, which is a 1lb loss. Doesn't sound like much but I've been at the same weight for two weeks now.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 AM   #3  

My goal is to get on the elliptical 3 times this week. I really need to bump up my cardio. I'm trying to get in to shape for a trip to Yosemite for hiking. I'd really like to hike Half Dome sometime in my life, but you have to be in superior shape to do that. It's about a 5,000 foot ascent in 7 miles! The last 1/4 mile is about a 45 degree angle. My bro-in-law just did it and he said it was so awesome! He invited my hubby and me to come out there, but I'm not going to be able to do that just yet. With in the next couple of years though!!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

Lori: I know how you feel, I've been going back and forth between 168-170 for the past few months...and I'm finally fed up enought to do something about it! Good Luck on your goal!

Dee: Wow, Hiking, what a great idea. That is something I have always wanted to do, not sure where there is a good place to hike here in Dallas though.

Thanks girls for joining in, I hope we make our goals! Have a great Day!

BTW, have you guys ever checked out fitday.com, that site is awesome...it's free, check it out if you get a chance. I love it, just discovered it yesterday, from reading a message board.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! I've been sticking to my low carb eating plan and dropped a few pounds (down to 145.5). I'm worried its just water weight.. so I am not changiny my signature just yet

I haven't started up exercising yet becaue of my insane schedule.. which just got more insane with some recent changes at work.

Just 47 days till my wedding. I am starting to freak out with all the stuff I have to do!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM   #6  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey Hey! You all sound like your doing so great and even with your weekly goals thats great! Hopefully i will be able to have the same kind of success that you all are having. I have just started today well actually i just started about ohhh 30 min ago really lol I have drank two glasses of water today so thats a start and ill hit the treadmill and do my crunches when i get home. Im gonna head over to fitday.com after i finish posting this to see what that is like.

I can't say that my eating has been great today but i guess havent eaten everything but the kitchen sink either. But starting tomorrow (once i go to the grocery store) it will be better eating. I have done low carb before but not sure thats what i want to go back too. I miss the fruit so i think im gonna do lower carbs but just not a full blown low carb diet any suggestions on this??

Ok i gotta run for now but i cant wait to get to know all of you, talk to you soon.
Brittnye
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I'm right there with you Tonic - wedding stuff is just overtaking me! I've been so busy lately, but I really need to get back on the bandwagon. No more freaking excuses! That seems like all I've had to offer lately and it's a bummer. Sorry I haven't been around much - I really miss and need all of you to help me out so I'm planning on becoming a regular again.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jenicra & Tonic: Girls, good luck with the wedding stuff. Don't forget that sometimes hitting the track for a couple of miles, or even 15 minutes can release endorphins that will help you relax and just plain make you feel better with all the stresses that you are dealing with, and will give you that attitude boost

Brittnye: Good luck on your weight loss journey! Sounds like you are doing great so far, drinking water is the best thing, and having the right foods around in the kitchen will help you out majorly when trying to lose weight. Welcome Aboard!!!!

I'm doing good with my weekly goals, been hitting the track, and bringing a salad to work w/ me for lunch. We are half-way done with the work week already!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #9  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks for the good luck wishes! Im not doing as good today with water i haven't even finished my first glass yet, but im trying. I leave a week from today for Miami so im not gonna bother going grocery shopping till i get back cause im gonna be gone to my boyfriends this weekend too so i wont be around much. But when i get back i have to hit the grocery store and load up on good stuff. Have a great day all!!! So many of you getting married maybe it will rub off on me haha!!
Brittnye
Old 07-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

I'm having a good day today!

I lost two lbs! I am finally getting away from 168-170 I have been there for several months now. Which I guess isn't really all that bad, being that I haven't gained anything.

Now that I have a little summer break for school I've been able to hit the gym and do weights, and have more time to go to the track at night! I'm glad to see that it is paying off...so happy!!! Getting past this plateau was difficult, I almost was going to just give up and be happy where I was..glad, I didn't give up!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #11  

Default Hello, Everyone. New to 3FC

Hi,

I just joined yesterday and found this forum today. I'm hoping to be an active member and give and receive lots of support! I'm 27 years old, married for just over a year, attending professional school and living in Atlanta.

Congrats, spillthebeans, on getting past your plateau. I think I've given up every single time I've ever hit one. That's part of the reason I'm here now. As a student, I know exactly what you mean when you say the summer is your opportunity to be healthy again!

I just recommitted to the only diet system that has ever worked for me, calorie counting. Keeping track of calories is a pain, but it does make me think before I eat, a major advantage. And it feels good to have a rough guess as to how many calories I've managed to burn in a day. My major goal is to learn to stabilize my weight through better eating habits. My secondary goal is to lose 7-10 pounds, at a rate of about 1 pound a week, through diet and exercise.

So far today I'm doing great. I spent an hour doing cardio before work and I've managed to keep my calorie intake fairly low. I'm not feeling hungry and am drinking water. Yeah!

I look forward to seeing posts from all you great ladies!

Jennifer

Height: 5'2"
Weight Loss Goal: 7-10 pounds
Start Date: 7/14/04
Weight Lost: 0 pounds

Last edited by jliotta; 07-15-2004 at 12:59 PM.
jliotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #12  

Talking

Hi there,

Congratulations to everyone on their losses - it really does inspire me to stick to my own plan when I see everyone else doing so well.

My goal for the next week (well two weeks really) is to stick to my healthy eating/exercise plan whilst staying at my bf's house. Tis going to be VERY hard work avoiding temptation, as he can eat all day and never get any bigger - soooo unfair!

Have lost 3lbs over the past two weeks and will consider it a victory if I can keep them off during my stay! I must be strong!

Good luck with your goals everyone.
Strawberry Shortcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #13  
Britt/LAWL~Red

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jennifer: Welcome Aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey! I have recently just started using www.fitday.com to keep track of the calories I'm eating. It's amazing how much crap I try and sneak in, so I'm finding that I'm staying honest with myself and think twice before I got hit the candy machine. I know I'll have to figure it in, in my calorie count. So I agree with you, writing it down, keeps you honest, and really helps!

S. Shortcake: You can do it...Will Power!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!

I accomplished my goals for the week, I hit the gym twice and the other days I put in two miles at the track. I feel good (and sore)! I hope to hit the track some more this weekend.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:39 PM   #15  

Spillthebeans - You are right about hitting the track to reduce stress. Unfortunately its this weird catch-22.. I want to go, but feel guilty if I go because I could be getting work done. But all the work gives me stress After this week, I hope to hit the cardio and gym hard for 1 month before the wedding. I don't know if I will lose anything.. but maybe it will give me some definition that I have lost.

jen - Good luck with your wedding plans!!! Hopefully you are much farther ahead then me.. I am so behind. I have a little over a month left!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote