South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #1  

Default two questions and a happy result

Hi Everyone,

The cheese was the culprit. I manipulated my cheese intake as advised and have lost 1/2 pound for the last two days, which means I'm down 5 pounds at the begnning of Day 12. Some people say do not use a scale every day, but I disagree. How could I have known that I was eating too much cheese, if I had not? For the last two days, I have two portions of cheese in the beginning of the day, and instead of the ricotta dessert, I have a fudgisicle. Furthermore, only one treat soon after dinner. That, of course, must have helped a great deal.

And now, more questions:

Shall I stay on Phase 1 another week? or if I add just one item will it slow my weight loss significantly?

Do we take our measurements? I have resisted doing this.

I love knowing how I can control my weight loss. I've never seen such immediate results. It's always been such a crap shoot as to what to do. Thank you for this website.

Carol
Old 07-09-2004, 09:41 AM   #2  

I only lost 4 pounds in phase 1 but I've been losing an average of 2 pounds on phase 2. I typically have one starch a day although some days I have two if the leftovers have a starch. I try to alternate which days have a starch for dinner so I don't have two a day too often. I weigh myself every day too. It really seems to help keep me on track. The biggest thing that I watch is that I keep my portion size normal when I have pasta. I have been taking recipes that I already had (like my ham, zucchini, penne pasta meal from last night) and increasing the amount of vegetables that are in them. That seems to help.

I'd say to gradually add back in one item every day or two and see how you do. I really wish I had taken my measurements now that my old clothes are hanging on my. I think you may regret it if you don't go ahead and do it.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:48 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Carol, congratulations! I like that feeling of control over my weight loss too!

Definitely, measure yourself! I really didn't want to do it at the beginning, as I was ashamed of my size, but now I regret not knowing how many inches I've lost! I just did it on Monday so I can see how much I lose in the future.

Do what feels comfortable for you. Phase 2 does slow down your weight loss a little, but just to what is healthy for us. You should still lose on Phase 2, and if not, then you just adjust what you are eating until you do.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol28
Do we take our measurements? I have resisted doing this.
Carol -- measurements will soon probably be a better indicator of your weight loss than the scale. The scale will give you all sorts of results that are skewed, based on how much water you're carrying... if you've eaten recently... even, ahem, if you haven't emptied your bladder/bowels. (As a friend said to me, you can poop out two pounds!)

But your inches won't lie. Use the measuring tape!
Closed Thread