South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #1  
I found my hipbones!

Default It's finally here

Well, tonight is the big bridal shower night for my best bud, and I thought I would do my confessing now so as to avoid the guilt later. There will be NO CHANCE of eating healthy tonight. It's gonna be snacks and cake. So far the theme ingredient is cream cheese, but I used the low fat and fat free stuff for cooking, so it's not as bad as it might have been...

Also there's an arts festival in town on Sunday, and I WILL have, at the very least, a corndog and a snowcone. It's tradition, dammit!

So...I guess my goal for the week is not to gain. I really don't think there will be much losing going on.

Incidentally, I had my fitting for the bridesmaid dress this week, and the dreaded halter top, two-piece dress was not nearly the painful experience I thought it would be. I still have 2 months to work on my arms (they need it!), but I was otherwise happy with how I looked in it. If I can figure out how to post a picture by the time the wedding is here and gone, I'll definitely post one for yas!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #2  
RNMOM

Default It's only

One meal (or evening). Don't do guilt and enjoy every bite.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

I second that it's only one meal (or evening). I have the same problem as you almost every weekend. I am a wedding planner and eat whatever is served. By the time I get to the meal, I've been running around like crazy and am STARVING. I'll eat just about anything. This weekend will be hard for me because I am going to the rehearsal dinner at a Mexican restaurant on Saturday and the wedding is on Sunday. I'm going to try to stay OP as much as I can but there are times that it's just not possible.

Live it up....then get back OP!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  
I found my hipbones!

Well, I'm actually wondering how much I'll enjoy the food. I tried one of the cookies I made as favors this morning, and the sugar was so overpowering, I couldn't finish it. I used to love this recipe and it tends to be popular when I make it, but it's just not for me anymore. I suppose that's a good thing, though.

The seven layer taco dip (though I used all low-fat ingredients where I could) is a bit naughty with the refried beans and tortilla chips... This diet has not cured my love of tortilla chips, that's for sure. So I'm still looking forward to that.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Have your tried toasted ww pita cut into triangles for dipping into the taco dip? It's very tasty and not fried like a lot of the tortilla chips.

Did you see the fat free re-fried black beans at the store? I've always used them, since I found out that the majority of re-fried beans contain lard.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #6  
I found my hipbones!

Sarah--

I have tried making the baked pita chips before, and my husband and I like them a lot, but I wasn't brave enough to try making them for a group. Plus I never can seem to find whole wheat pitas. The closest I can come to that is honey wheat, which sorta defeats the purpose.

Lard, huh?... Heh. I was racing through the grocery store so fast that I just grabbed the first thing I saw, and as you can probably tell, I don't make much Mexican food... This is the first time I've made this recipe, so if they like it, I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #7  
I found my hipbones!

Well, I'm happy to report that the shower came off just fine. That's sure a load off my shoulders.

I was running around so much that there wasn't really much time to eat anyway. I just had a couple of tortilla chips, some of my dip, and a piece of cake. I'm normally not much of a cake person, but this was yummy. Cream cheese frosting and yellow cake. So I'm sure my blood sugar levels are all out of whack now, but calorie wise, I think I evened out.

I slept in for a LONG time this morning and am finding that I'm a bit at a loss now without something big like a shower to worry about. Nice predicament. We'll be going on a camping vacation this coming week, and I'm feeling very much like I've earned it.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Congratulations! ...and no guilt.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:39 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Good for you

Sounds like you had fun. You were aware of what you were doing. Had it, enjoyed it, it's over and you're ok!
Closed Thread