South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:20 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Angry The crapola I had to buy today...

My thin, pretty/handsome twin siblings [not my twins, but they are twins] are coming to visit and should be here any minute. They are not diet conscious and do not have to be.

I asked them what groceries they wanted around [although I suspect we'll be doing a lot of eating out this weekend] and the stuff I had to buy sent me screaming down the isles.

Literally.

Maple syrup and Eggo Waffles. Holy Sugar Batman!

Regular Coke. Iced tea mix. Fig Newtons.

I just thank goodness that the roomie is here and eats this stuff because I don't even want it in my house! Thinking about it makes me ill now, but who knows what I would say to it in a few days.

Hope everyone, including me, stays strong this weekend! I know I have to totally hold myself accountable, and WILL!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:26 AM   #2  

Try having to offer your small children fig newtons, bagels, mac n cheese, pretzels, goldfish crackers etc. while denying it to yourself every day. It can get rough. At least it is only for a short time.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:54 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hang in there sweetie.... remember if you eat that stuff how awful you are going to feel. Remember a sugar hang over is such a horrible feeling. Good luck with you twins. Have a great visit.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Um, can I put my puny 2 cents worth in here?

Why did you feel you HAVE to buy all that junk? Your sisters are coming to see you, not your refrigerator, right? If it were me, I'd have politely and lovingly explained to them that you've changed your eating habits and you don't keep junk food in the house. If they are so desperate for that stuff, let them go out and get it themselves.

As far as feeding it to small children...have you considered that by not giving them junk food, you're helping to set up healthy eating habits later in life? Wouldn't it be wonderful if these tiny tots could grow up and not have weight issues like we do?

When my two girls were small, I didn't give them junk (their dad did when I wasn't around, but that's another issue) As infants they had strained veggies more often than they had fruit and as they got older, we had whole grain bread, peanut butter, homemade jam with much less sugar than store bought, fruit, nuts, etc...to snack on. I think it's really helped. Naturally they went through the usual phase of eating junk when they were school age, but now that they're grown, neither one of them is a junk food junkie.

Ok, off my soap box...Jenne, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sisters.

Mamacita
Old 07-09-2004, 07:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenn, good luck this weekend! You can do it, girl!!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jenn Good luck girly!!! Hang in there and you know where only a key click away
Enjoy your weekend
Michelle
Old 07-09-2004, 08:54 AM   #7  

good luck jenn!!! just remeber all that stuff tastes really yucky now!!! have a great visit!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #8  

Default It'll get them one day

Even the skinny get cellulite. Just know that you are doing the best for you and one day they'll wake up and look at you with admiration. It seems like an uphill lifetime battle for me, but I take heart in that everytime I come home, someone remarks on how good I look. Eat lots of lovely trendy salads when you go out this weekend...luckily DC is full of amenable places.

Must go study
VT
Old 07-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #9  
Conquering with SBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTprop
Even the skinny get cellulite.VT

I love this. Must remember...
Old 07-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Did you buy....

Some yummy stuff for you?????? Legal stuff?

I agree with Mama, they are coming to see you not your fridge! Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

You are too nice! Let me tell you, when people come to my house, they eat what we eat unless they want to go to the grocery store themselves.

My neices come to visit me a couple years ago and they were just totally grossed out with what we ate. They are from the midwest and are very much, steak, hamburgers, deep fat fried chicken and fish, mashed potatoes, green beans if it's not swimming in butter or grease it's not a meal type people. I made rice with no butter or sugar, sauted fish- not batter fried, squid with green peppers and some other fancy stuff-their words not mine. It was just basic healthy food. They could not believe that we had no white bread, chips, coca puffs cereal or junk food in the house.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel
Try having to offer your small children fig newtons, bagels, mac n cheese, pretzels, goldfish crackers etc. while denying it to yourself every day. It can get rough. At least it is only for a short time.
I have cut most of that out of our diet now. I figure if I am overweight my daughter has those tendencies. I cook OP food for myself and add a small amount of rice/pasta/noodles/potatoes or bread for the rest of the family/dinner guests. My daughter has wholemeal toast with low fat milk for breakfast and sandwhiches made with wholemeal bread and some fruit for lunch at school.I have one cup of coffee in the morning then we drink water for the rest of the day and I put a jug of water on the table at meal times. I will buy some chips, biscuts, fizzy drink or crackers for outings in the school holidays but they are stashed away out of sight and only come out when there are a heap of kids around to share them. They tend to be picnic food because that is when the kids are really active and will burn off the extra calories.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all.

They are not that young -- 23. And they asked for this stuff as they won't eat what I do [I got an ewwwww at 2% milk and that was pushing it on my end!]

All is good though and I am hanging in. Aside from a few drinks. Thanks to you all for the support!

This is precisely what I've missed!
Me
Closed Thread