Old 07-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up 300+ and Ready to Try Again ... # 545

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #2  

WOW ... I had sooo many problems getting this thread started I have now forgotten everything from the last thread. LOL
I will just let everyone fill this one up.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!! Hope everybody has a good day! Good luck Barbara!!

HELP! I have gotten two emails that I have private messages but there is nothing there. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Scooter; 07-08-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Scooter, I am the one who PM'd you. I just wanted to ask if your dog in your avatar is a Keeshond? I have one myself. We named her Candi(because they are so sweet. ) They are the sweetest dogs ever I think. Except for the brushing.

Here is a pic of her.

Angie (lurking from the Weighty Issues thread.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppies 1 108.jpg (4.7 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by angieME; 07-08-2004 at 11:06 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sorry to interupt again but I noticed you are from Kentucky. Candi came from a breeder in Kentucky. They drove her to New Hampshire and I picked her up there. Their name was Candray Kennels.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:48 AM   #6  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Talking

Hey Angie!

Yes she is a Keeshond her name is Abigayle and she is the sweetest and smartest dog I have ever had! Candi is so cute! She actually came from Missouri they brought her here on there way to Thanksgiving in Alabama. She was a Christmas presents. I dread brushing. But she goes to a groomer once a month and she only charges me $20 which isn't too bad. But Abby is on o f my inspirations to lose weight because I want to be able to play with her as long as she wants me to play. I am not a big fan of this picture but it shows you how rotten Abby is. Sorry I couldn't get your message. I'll talk about my dogs all day long . She is truly my best friend. There is nothing like coming home when the world isn't on your side and your dog loves you no matter what.

Scoot
Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #7  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Talking

Well it won't let me post the picture so please disregard what I previously said...
Old 07-08-2004, 02:50 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I know I could talk about my dogs all day. I think I bug people with that. We actually bought an RV so we could take the dogs with us on vacations because we cant stand the thought of leaving them at home for that long. I have a JRT named Rebel also. Him and Candi are the best of buds.

I know what you mean about their unconditional love. Nothing says love like those big bright eyes looking at you. Especially when they are panting and they look like they are laughing. Gotta love em.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #9  

My husband always says he wishes I would treat him half as good as I treat my dog.... and I tell him when he smiles everytime he sees me and wags his tail , then I will treat him as good as the dog.

I am dreading vacation because I don't want to leave my dog home.
I have not found a boarding place I like and I can't afford a travel home.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:00 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Default Good answer!!

"...when he smiles everytime he sees me and wags his tail , then I will treat him as good as the dog"

Quick to all...and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Barb....I'm thinking nothing but thoughts for you!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-08-2004 at 04:03 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers!!! Today went very well - better than expected. Going into the procedure we were hoping for a max of 3 eggs to work with - well, there must have been a couple hiding on the ultrasound because we ended up getting FIVE! This is still a very small number compared to most women that go through this procedure, but we are thrilled with it considering my response to the meds.

So, today they thawed out DH's frozen sperm sample from his surgery and they will fertilize the eggs. We will know tomorrow how many are developing into embryos. Then on Sunday we will hopefully have 2 good ones to transfer back.

I am confined to bed for 24 hours, which is fine with me - I've been sleeping all day. I am starting to wake up a bit and get hungry - so far I've just had some water and crackers. Now I am waiting on DH to fix me some soup.

YIKES ---- I had to get on scale today after the procedure....they have to monitor my weight closely....If I gain more than 4 pounds in a 24 hour period I have to call them because it means that I may be overstimulated and retaining fluid in my abdomen. I was in shock over the number I saw - I have been avoiding the scale for the past couple months and it's obvious the emotional eating and lack of exercise had a bad effect on me. I've gained back about 12-15 pounds since January! However, the focus now is hopefully a health pregnancy and worrying about getting the weight off later.

Assuming the embryos fertilize and we have 2 good ones to put back on Sunday we have about a 50/50 chance of this working...so, we just continue to pray and hope for the best.

Again, thanks for all your love, support and prayers!

Love to All!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

Quote:
So, today they thawed out DH's frozen sperm sample from his surgery and they will fertilize the eggs. We will know tomorrow how many are developing into embryos. Then on Sunday we will hopefully have 2 good ones to transfer back.
Geez no wonder so many women get pregnant fast - One day and those FAST squiggly sperm shove their way into our eggs!!!!! I had no idea !!! Of course we all know how eager they are!!!!

I am keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Come on!!!!! WE can get BarbPA pregnant!!!! It would be our first baby!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #13  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Come on Ladys lets think BABY!!!!!

Congrats on your eggs Barb!!!! I've been thinking about you all day.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #14  
Hang In There

BarbPA, We are pulling for the little swimmers to do their thing to at least 3 or 4 of your eggs

I feel like I have my own personal DR Phil. My "wellness coach" for lack of a better term is really great. She asked me today If I wasafraid of loosing weight!!! Like I had said earlier, I didn't feel like it was helping a lot, but Tuesday she made me start writing down everything that went into my mouth, and I took it in for her to check today. Along with the normal massage, listening to the cd and holding the wierd things I have to hold, she did the accupuncture different, and concentrated on the appitite control part of the ear. Then she made me write down my "Frustrations" and then she read them, and rewrote them into positive reaffirmations, and told me to read them aloud at least three times a day. Then she gave me another hypnosis tape to listen to each night before I go to bed and it is supposed to be positive self image tape. It's named "I'm a lovable me" So after all of this, I did not have my usual late afternoon cravings and wanting to eat everything in sight. So now I'm getting ready for supper, so wish me luck.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:17 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

I am meditating......

BABY !!! BABY !!!!! BABY !!!!!!!!!
BABY !!! BABY !!!!! BABY !!!!!!!!!

Barbg... When I was in OA I learned about those positive affirmations.. and they work.. if you work them. Hang in there !!!