General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 12:15 PM   #1  

Question

Has anyone heard of these pills?? I had a leaflet through the door the other day about these, and apparently they are "100% natural" and get rid of all the toxins that have built up in your body for years. They allow you to eat 'normally' and typical weight loss is up to 6lbs per week, depending on how much you have to lose. Sounds VERY tempting, but I'm always wary of these things. Anyone know anything about them??

Karen
Old 05-29-2001, 08:48 AM   #2  
Kathy

Hi KarenUK,

I have not heard of them. But if you try it keep me posted. I am waiting on an order from FEDEX today on Phentermine, an appetite suppressant. I will be trying that out as soon as it hits my front door. I am going to keep a posting here on my progress. I think any program that cleans out the system is good for you.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:34 AM   #3  
Mooz

Default Detox Slim-Bio

My friend showed me a leaflet that she got about this product. We both find it tempting also but we are also a bit wary of it and would like to find out what other people think.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:34 AM   #4  
Mooz

Default Detox Slim-Bio

Don't send any money until you checkout the website
www.healthnbeauty.com Go to their Health and beauty forum and search for 'uk version' This appears to be a con job on innocent women.
All the best.
Anne
Old 05-30-2001, 06:48 AM   #5  
Mooz

Default Detox Slim-Bio

Just me again. Check out another website www.consumer.org.nz/scams/ and read their third article entitled 'Bio Noncense'
Old 05-30-2001, 08:43 AM   #6  
Kathy

mooz49,

Thanks for the website info. That is a great site that I will pass on to my friends. There are too many scams out here.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:54 AM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Article from today's LA Times regarding "detox" diets

Here's one you should take a look at if you are even considering doing one of those detox programs:

http://www.att.net/channels/women/ar...EYWORD.Missing

Amazing how many ways the diet profiteers can figure out new methods of lightening our wallets - this can even be dangerous! Take care!
Old 05-31-2001, 02:36 AM   #8  
Mooz

Kathy - glad to be of assistance.

Mrs Jim - thanks for your information on detox programs.Nice home page - your diet seems to be going well. Well done.
Anne
Old 05-31-2001, 02:52 AM   #9  

Default Thanks

I could easily have been tempted by these pills. Not because I'm stupid and don't know a scam when I see one, but because when it comes to weight loss I feel that I'm constantly searching for a 'miracle cure'. Of course, I know it's not that simple, but I live in hope. That's why I might have been vulnerable where this is concerned. Anything else - money making scams etc - there's NO WAY I'd have gone near them, but weight loss is obviously something which these kind of people MAY just have conned me with.

Thanks for the info - God knows what could have actually been in these tablets!!

Karen
Old 05-31-2001, 02:58 PM   #10  
Mooz

Mooz here again. Thought you girls might be interested in reading an article I came across while surfing the net for advice on loosing weight. If you go to www.ivillage.co.uk and search for 'think slim' there is an interesting article by sports psychologist Pete Cohen.
Anne
Old 05-31-2001, 04:18 PM   #11  
Kathy

Angry

Thanks Mooz49,

Very uplifting article!! I love motivational articles. It really helps you to stay focused on staying healthy. That is why I am working on my "eating control" now. I am walking 1.5 to 2.0 miles a day right now and I'm going to start weight training to develop the muscles. I am writing down what I eat now at www.dietwatch.com.

Mrs. Jim,

Nice homepage. I really enjoyed it!
Closed Thread