South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:55 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday, July 5th Beach Chat

Good morning, Chicks~~

Hope everyone had a Fantastic Fourth! It rained so hard here yesterday late afternoon, and was so hot that I have condensation on the outside of all my windows. How weird is that???

The only other excitement was late last night when some people on the street behind our house decided to set off fireworks. If it hadn't rained so hard just a few hours before, we probably would be minus a few 70ft. pine trees and one storage shed. We could hear the pine needles snapping and sizzling.

I played with dye yesterday...did some Hawaiian Punch red, some teal green and some violet. Finally got the colors right for my "sock buddy" socks. I think I'll play some more today and do some robin's egg blue and nile green.

History Chick...too bad about that baseball coach...such a wonderful example he's setting for those kids. But I bow at the feet of your will power...staying OP at a picnic! Awesome, Girl!!

Not much else going on....gonna try my darndest to stay on the Beach today. See you all there!

Mamacita
Old 07-05-2004, 07:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great start to the week...NOT! It looks like our septic tank needs a pump-out! I guess all the laundry of the past few months has just filled the darn thing! So....today Sarah will have the job of digging in the dog garden to uncover the lid so the poop pumper can do his thing. Talk about a shitty job!

I have not been on program lately for various reasons. I did have a few days week before last but things have slipped since. I'm back on track this morning with V8, one slice of whole wheat toast and Laughing Cow Cheese. Fish and veggies are on the menu today!

I have to start phoning to try to fix this latest glitch so will check in later.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies little later getting in here today as I had to take dd to the dentist this morning. Other than that not a thing going on. Need to start getting things ready for the week end. I need to go shopping for a wedding present tonight. Not sure what I am going to get my DS as they have been living together for awhile now and she had her own place before that. Ruth I am with you on not being OP. I don't even think I am going to bother til I get back from the wedding. Well I must go and think about lunch for the wee ones..... Well have a great day chickies.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Mornin'

I just had 4 days off from work, but, to tell the truth, I could take another 30 years. Wonder if they would just keep depositing the cheque in my bank account and not notice that I don't come to work?

Got the little puppy to the vet (she isn't a puppy any more, but she likes to think she's still the baby), and she has an absessed anal gland. What a mess. We have confined her to a small area of the house because it makes such a big mess, then will need to do a thorough disinfecting once the problem has cleared up. I have trouble taking those big eyes, knowing that she thinks she has been a bad girl. Hopefully, she will be better by the end of the week. Her second birthday is on Friday and she has a bunch of puppy friends coming over for a party. We'll get them all McDonald's sundaes - we started her on them last year when she was confined because of knee surgery. She still loves to go to the drive through for her sundae - just a tad bit spoiled here.

Ruth, I can so empathize with the septic problems. We have been on a septic system for about 24 years and have forgotten to get the tank pumped out a couple of times - the time just slips away. Fortunately, we have always notice the back up in the basement before things get too out of hand and the septic company is very good at responding to pump the tank out. Hopefully, you don't have too big a problem. However, this is a reminder for me that it is time to have ours done again...I'll get on that today, for sure. Thanks so much...

I have been a bit discourage with SBD the past week because I seemed to yo-yo up and down 2 or 3 pounds all week - never actually going down, but never going up, either. Finally, this morning, I seem to have broken the barrier and the weight looks like it is going down. Hopefully, it won't be back up again tomorrow.

I made the brownies for dessert for supper yesterday. DS's girlfriend is living with us and is probably the fussiest eater that I have ever encountered. She was eating and enjoying her brownie, until she found out what was in it. At that point she quit eating it and threw the rest away. Not impressed. Anyway, I really enjoyed the brownie and the treat to satisfy the chocolate craving.

I also made the cheesecake last night to have for a birthday party at work today. Four of us are on SBD - including the birthday girl - so I thought I would make something fitting for us all. Waiting in anticipation for the party this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day....talk later.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:19 AM   #5  

Good Morning everone,

I have a 3 lbs loss for the week. I really didn't expect more than that for being on phase 1. I really didn't have a lot of water weight to loose to begin with so i will take this as half water and half fat.

Jen
Old 07-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #6  
Faith in me

good morning ladies!

Not much is going on here....it's HOT out...it's supposed to feel like 100 degrees today...yuck....I'm a Fall person....I looooooooooove the cool weather and the leaves falling....I took my dog for a walk this morning and could only go a mile cuz it was so hot....I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  

Hello everyone
I am back from my travels to somerset. Very exciting that was. The house I was looking at that you could not see on the link was ok, but not that great. But then I saw another one.....ooooooohhhh!!! wweeeeeehhhh! yup, I want it. But it is over the budget so I have to make an offer. It is a tiny house, set back from the road...you get to it up a little path between two other houses, and through a locked gate. Nice and secluded for anti social types like me. The garden is a bit small for proper horticulture, but this is just a weekend place for the next few years. Then I plan to move there. But for now it is just to get a foothold in the community and to start making some business contacts too, so when I move I will find it easier to get clients (yes, my plan is to spend my weekends for the next few years making friends with mad people.....!).

No photo available at the moment but when I have one I will post it.

There seems to be an anal/poo type of theme here today so I will briefly mention that I am a bit poorly after eating some chocolate covered peanuts in the cinema last night.....I am utterly intolerant to peanuts. Hmm. You can imagine....I have some strawberries for my next chocolate expedition.

have a good day everyone...my day is nearly over now.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #8  
I found my hipbones!

Morning, chickies--

Well, I am still enjoying my long July 4th weekend today. Some days it's good to work for the community college. Will probably spend my day off buying last minute stuff for my best bud's shower this Friday. They say that throwing showers for people is a good way to nickel and dime yourself broke, and I think I'm beginning to see the truth of it.

Little chick, I've had sort of the same dilemma as you with the wedding present buying for my friend. They're living together now, too, and they already have most of the basics. From what they've told me, they just want nicer versions of what they've already got. She told me she wants good knives, a nice bedspread and linens, and nice lamps most of all. Maybe you should ask the DS what she has that is wearing out and go off of that?

Hubby and I sat out in the backyard watching fireworks last night. We have a pretty good view of our town's big display from here, so we just took the lawnchairs, some citronella candles, and some wine and enjoyed. Good times.

Have a great day, all!
Old 07-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #9  

By the way I saw Shrek 2. Very very funny film. I like the cat best.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning , ladies!
Sweettooth - And we thought we spoiled our dog! Last year she was stalking a squirrel (this occupies a lot of our doggy life), and one ran. She chased, and broke her hock. $3,000 later and 8 weeks of carrying her up and down stairs, and she's fine.

Well, took DD to horseback camp for 2 weeks. They have no snacks, and there is lots of exercise, so I'm hoping that she'll come home a little lighter. I worry about her weight more than mine, because right now I'm working on it, and she tells me she doesn't want to talk about it if I mention the subject.

Well, today I'm working on getting the house tidied. If I work, sometimes husband joins in. He never just starts on his own.

Take care all. Will talk later.
Sue
278/270/160
SW/CW/GW
Old 07-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hi ya'll

Sounds like the challenges continue......life is a septic tank isn't it? For some more noticable than others right now. Sorry about the septic tank Ruth, yuk, I think I might rather have that than a puppy with blocked glands, double yuk. I'm not much of an animal care giver. My kitties take care of themselves thank goodness. In fact, my kids accuse me of being hard hearted. If they ever have a cut or a fall, I look at it and say "I've seen worse" Not too many things get me excited.

Went to a family reunion over the weekend. Took my own food. Kinda frustrated that I didn't make my goal weight by my goal date. 6 pounds to go. I imagine it will take at least a month to do that. I want to do it by the 5th of August. My son will be coming home from Japan that day and my other 2 kids will be coming home for that event. We haven't all been together for 2 years and I'm so excited! I just want to be done with the losing part by then.

We're having a huge firework thing tonight in a town about 30 miles away. I guess we'll be going to that. I'm working today for double time. Should be quiet around here until about 4:00 when those people out at the sand dunes want to take "one more ride". That's when we'll start getting out of control.

You all have a great day!
Old 07-05-2004, 01:47 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Well, that was a flurry of activity. I posted to the Splenda thread at 12:10 and since then Malcolm the Poop Pumper has been and gone, I've given Harry lunch and done a load of laundry. In true country fashion, I offered Malcolm lunch but he'd "already et me dinner". He is a very nice man and even smells great - super aftershave. I guess in that kind of job you pay lots of attention to hygeine. He taught me all I'll ever need to know about septic systems so now I'm an expert. Just leave a message on my voice mail and I'll get back to you!

Sarah was here this morning in the midst of all the crap and confusion. She is turning into a sort of DD without all the usual emotional involvement. While my neighbour Moel was digging out the septic tank, she made us coffee, cleaned up my kitchen, washed the bathroom floor where the toilet splashed, cleaned the front porch, manured some new plants and made dogfood for the Girls. All this for 8 bucks an hour!

Liz is coming down shortly to go over the library's summer reading/crafts program with me as tomorrow is the first Tuesday morning session. The theme is dungeons, dragons and wizards and we already have a papier mache dragon underway. I've made a lifesize cow but never a dragon!

Mamacita, those neighbours sound like pyromaniacs! indeed!

Little Chick, after the wedding seems like a good plan to me. Just try not to get too far off the dunebuggy trail!

Sweet Tooth, anal glands should just be removed, IMHO. I hate looking after them on my Girls but they sure need to be done to avoid problems. I hope your furchild is OK by her birthday.

Gane, even if it IS partly water, it's a LOSS and more than I can even dream of the past week.

History Chick, I'm with you on summer heat and humidity! At least you can out on a sweater when it's cold but there are limits to how much clothing you can remove!

Clovey, your house hunting sounds exciting. Just be sure you have a guest room!

Fuzzy, your evening with the fireworks sounds just lovely! We used to go to a hill near the city in Ottawa (above the RA, ellis and Mauvais) and watch the Parliament Hill display from there.

Kristasmom, I used to get my DH to help by saying "Let's set the timer for half an hour, we'll work and then have a beer". Bribery works!

RNMom, I hope your evening in the ER does not get too hairy! My MIL was a nurse and used to say "I've seen worse" for every ailment. She lied about her age when she came over from Wales and was still working in the OR when she turned 80! Tough stock!

Liz is oversue so I'll call her. I need to get to the Mill Archives this afternoon for some research.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, American Beach Beauties. As to the rest of us, Monday is more than half over!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #13  

Hey Ruth, dont forget The Wizard of Earthsea and all the sequels in your dragony reading thing.......it is Ursula le Guin, and I would say my favourite book, ever. Well the trilogy is fave (and got better when the trilogy became five books long.........!!!).
Old 07-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Hi gang. I forgot I was starting SBD this morning and went and had multigrain toast with cheese and ham. Duh! I guess it's time a reread the book if I'm gonna do this right.
I've been reading about all the poop problems with doggies and septic tanks, etc. Reminds me of my own little problemo today. Yesterday I polished off a bowl of wonderful black cherries. I never learn. This happens to me every year but I love the darned things so much and once I start.....welllll, today I can't stop!!
I'm curious about those doggie anal glands though. My friend has a little dog who always seems to like to rub her bottom over the carpet, pavement, etc. Grosses me out, I must confess. Could she be having a problem with anal glands? I wonder how dogs managed before humans came along to help them with these problems.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Yup, it's anal glands, LindaBC. Want me to fly out there and fix it? Dogs managed OK before humans started feeding them processed foods! They need more fiber!

Thanks for the book reference, Clovey. The kids are 4 to 7 - I'll have to check out the book for them. We have a wonderful library system and can get books from anywhere in the Ontario libraries!

I didn't make it to the Mill for research but had a nice working visit with Liz. Two cop cars just pulled up across the street at the home of Doug our resident pyromaniac. He's out in his truck somewhere. I wonder.......
Closed Thread