Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #1  

Default walk away pound tapes

how many of you use these tapes? and if you use them, do they help you? i am thinking of starting them to get back into exercise! i am thinking of getting her treadmill total strider also. any info will be helpfull. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #2  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

At my heaviest, over 200 lbs, I used these tapes to get me started! Nothing difficult to learn, ie, no tricky dancing! They got me up and moving! I moved on the The Firm as I was looking for a much more difficult and body sculpting exercise program... but I still use the WATP tapes when I need a change of pace! I really like the tapes that I have. I have NO knowledge of the treadmill total strider equipment... I've not heard much good about her other equipment.... feel free to private message me for more info!

Good luck!
take care,
Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 10:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I love the WATP dvds they are wonderful especially if you are beginner to intermediate in exercise or you have difficulty being motivated. What I did was buy only the 1 and 2 mile combined dvd to see if I liked it then I bought the others. HTH
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Samantha,

I love all of Leslie Sansone's walking tapes. Some I like better then others but they are all great. I love the Walk Away the Pounds set that you do with 1 or 2 or 3 lb handweights. They come in 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile workouts. I also hear that the Walk Away the Pounds Express tapes that come with a stretchie band are good. I have the 4 mile Walk Away the Pounds Express tape and love it when I have 60 minutes to do it.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #5  

well i am now looking into buying the tapes. i need to do something. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:08 PM   #6  

I also have the WATP tapes. The express 1,2 & 3 mile. I found it good for just starting out( I need to lose 100 lbs so I couldn't do anything to difficult. I was able to work my way up to the 3ml in a few weeks. I just purchase a step to start step areobics as I think I need to mix up my routine. I also treadmill on occasion but it bores me to tears I just purchased pilates for dummies and look forward to trying that.
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:43 AM   #7  
Still Climbing

I have the dvd's aswell. I love them, they don't overdo it and make you feel exhausted, but they get the heart rate up and make you feel energetic. I am still doing the one mile (Very out of condition here!) twice a day and will move onto the two mile when I feel comfortable to do so.
I really do recommend them!
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I'm from the SB support group and was checking out the exercise forum. I LOVE the WATP tapes. I started exercising to the 2 mile and then worked up to the 3 mile and now I do the 4 mile Express. The moves are simple and you don't need alot of room. I teach aerobics on Tues and Thursday's. I like to do the WATP in between my classes.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:29 PM   #9  

I have been using Leslie's WATP workouts since November and they have definitely helped me lose weight (and have also helped in toning). My favorites are some of the newest ones I've purchased...the WATP 4 mile express (just walking, no weights, bands, etc.), the WATP 3 (hand weights) and the WATP 3 express (stretchy band).

These are all newer tapes which I MUCH MUCH prefer and recommend over the older ones. Some of the older ones (especially the old WATP 4 mile) have WAY too much repetition in them. She mixes it up much better in the newer tapes, and also has better music, better queuing, a larger group of walkers behind her, and better interaction with the other walkers.
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #10  
Wonder Wench

I have the DVD WATP for Abs & Walk Away Belt pack as well as Fat Burner Walk 2. I like the variety I can do depending on how much time I have. Busy day? just to the one mile. Weekend with lots of time? 3 miles.

Fat burner walk 2 is also great. Only a half hour and I can definitely feel the different in my leg muscles. All in all a pretty good variety so my body doesn't get bored. combine this with an hour of walking (15 min each way to work & 1/2 hour at lunch) it has really helped in supplimenting Jenny Craig
The Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Add me to the club. I have the 1, 2 and 3 mi Express. I actually just got finished doing one of the tapes...... LOL

I agree to change it up w/ another tape but it is all up to you.

Hope you enjoy them!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #12  

I really liked WATP for getting back to regular working out. I really like the set with the weighted balls, the 4 mile super challenge, and Yoga Walk, Walk and Kick, and Walk and Jog. Good luck!
yogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Walk and Jog? is that something new? I don't think I have seen that video before.
can you tell me anything about it?

thanks,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 AM   #14  

Actually, I think Walk and Jog is a few years old. It is sold as part of a 3 pack, Yoga Walk, Walk and Kick and Walk and Jog. The only places I've seen it are at Leslie's site and at collagevideo.com. It is 2 1/2 miles in 30 minutes. Leslie has some light jogging intervals in her walk, which up the intensity.
yogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:29 AM   #15  
i luv my dog!

Default these are very popular - need suggestions

I see many people posting that they use these vids for their workouts and from the sound of the replies here, there are a lot to choose from.

I would like to get some for my winter (indoor) walking and was wondering which ones I should go for. Currently I walk outside every day for 2.5 miles, with hills.

Any tips would be great - thanks.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote