UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default Hello from lots of fat chicks in UK #22

New thread time I dunno if to put month or number in title now I'm all confused I mean we aren't all in the UK anyway

At sw I saw some before pics of woman who has lost 8 stone when I first went I thought 'what is sheeeeeee doing here she's thin'

I playing with the buttons
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:48 AM   #2  

Mmm just seen my pretty new av
Old 07-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yep that Av gets better all the time

Glad the job is working out Chris

I've been working and doing yardwork when I get home so thats the reason i've been AWOL if I come on here nothing else gets done so I have to "refrain" from yapping to you gals if I want to achieve anything well, I have achieved something now I cleaned the whole house on Wednesday started at the bottom and worked my way up, shampooed the living room carpet and re-arranged all the furniture so it looks really nice and tidy now for a few days anyway had to do it cuz hubby had fallen asleep on the sofa with a RED icecream filled lolly in his hand it was all over my OATMEAL coloured rug! Stupid Man! why have a 2yr old when you can have a dozy fella in your life?
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:42 AM   #4  
Must Stay Motivated

Hi all

Veggie, that really is a beautiful AV - lol.
Do you know where I can get one of those? I am not interested though unless the weight loss comes with it - lol.

Sounds like you have been busy Cathy. Husbands make far more mess/work than kids - lol.

Nothing much to report here. Have been pretty good with my food this week. I did have a break from the plan on Wednesday night when I went to a friend's for dinner but I didn't go mad and the meal was low fat. I have not been swimming or to the gym once this week though so I hope I show a loss on Monday.

I don't knoe if I have mentioned this but I have to go to an ex-boyfriend's wedding in August so I want to look my best - lol. Ideally I would like to lose a stone by then so I know it will be hard work (in an ideal world I would have lost 3 stone by then - lmao).

Hope you are all well.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

You'd better get cracking then Super you've got to impress the ex you know and make him wonder what if ??? wish i was going to a wedding wish i was going anywhere and I could but its boring when you're on your own anyone want to come over and i'll take you to a nice pub for lunch??
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #6  
Must Stay Motivated

If there is food involved you can count me in - lol. I am not so much worried about impressing the ex as his mother - lol. You know the type, she never thought I was good enough for her son. I always wore black back then even though I was a size 6/8. She will be expecting me to wear black which wouldn't be the done thing to a wedding where everyone else will be wearing pastels - lol. I have seen the dress that I want and I was surprised to fit into the 14 and it looked good. If I really pull my finger out I reckon I can fit into the 12 by mid-August. The dress is beautiful, only problem is that it costs £90 - lol. Click here to see the dress

I have been shopping in the sales today. I bought a dress, a skirt , a pair of trousers and 2 tops. I got them all in debenhams/hoopers where I never shop unless there is a sale on - lol. Am particularly pleased with one top as it is almost identical to one that I looked at in London in Kookai. Only difference is that it was nearly £100 in London and I got this one in the sale in Oasis for £10.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:38 AM   #7  

Ooh it's nice

I'm on my way Cathy (anyone know what bus goes to Canada?)
Old 07-04-2004, 08:30 AM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Veg, thanks for putting the pic up. Very nice dress SW. I tried to look yesterday but it said the link wasn't working. I'm sure you'll loook smashing in it.
Have been having a not so busy weekend so far this weekend, went shopping with Hannah yesterday and bought myself a new denim on the knee skirt and a new pair of denim capri's size 14's, so am well chuffed to be able to get in them.
It's strange, I've been wearing a couple of 14's since early spring but when I started picking clothes off the racks yesterday I automatically went to the 18's and the 16's and just looking at them I knew they'd be too big. I think it's a comfort zone to go straight there though, it took me ages to stop looking at size 22s as well.
It's independence Day here today, fireworks and parades and such, we'll be off to see fireworks later after picking J up from work, and until then we plan on just having a laze around the house, watch movies, sit in the sun....eat hot dogs (mine are low fat)
Hope everyone's have a good weekend, Carol seems to have gone missing in action again hey? Glad to see you were just busy working Cathy and gardening, your garden must be beautiful.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:08 AM   #9  

You can pretend you are in Sex and the City in that dress
Old 07-04-2004, 12:10 PM   #10  

Seems we are all buying new stuff! I got some flip flops and some sleeveless tops for my hols. Going to Marmaris in Turkey in August. Haven't been abroad for ages. Really looking forward to it. Anyone been to Turkey?

Had to laugh. I bought a magazine which had a free bikini enclosed. Ok not that stupid. Knew it would not fit anyway but for a laugh though I would check it out. Well, I don't think the 2 "cups" together would have covered a nipple!!! Even if it did fit and I dared wear it, I would be harpooned on the beach! I have got myself some khaki shorts and pray I do not resemble Eric Morecombe (remember those awful shorts he wore one ? Morecombe and Wise - comedians-for those not in the know).

I Have already got 2 cheap swimsuits - a turquoise one from Tesco £5 and a lovely blue and red one from Primark (God Bless Primark) £6. I also went mad in Asda as they had a sale on and go up to big sizes. I got a few lovely colourful skirts from Mark One and Evans.

I must remember to get some decent sun cream with a high factor. Any recs for a decent waterproof one? I have used Boots and Superdrug in the past. I would prefer a non oily one. When I went to Egypt ages ago I did not realise you could get wateerproof ones and contastly sweated it off! Not good.

Where is everyone else going on their hols if not already been?
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #11  

I went to Blackpool that's as far as I'm gonna get this year Blackpool M&S have a plus section I was happy to see up to 28 it was quite boring though.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:14 PM   #12  

Well, you may not think Blackpool is very exotic or interesting but I saw a programme on it and a Saudi family came there every year and loved it! I think they get quite a few visitors from there and I dunno may hae some "home Grown" moslems too because they were advertising kebabs and such like as being Halal.

Who says UK isn't exotic!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #13  
Must Stay Motivated

I have loads of swimming costumes as I try to go at least twice a week. I bought 2 tankinis from Primark last week. The were £7 each. I prefer tankinis as I buy them with shorts. Ideally I would buy the costumes with shorts but they tend not to sell them very much in this country (always get my mum to get one when she goes to France).

Avon do a waterproof sun cream and they often have offers on their suncare products.

I love Blackpool. I am originally from Lancashire but live in Torbay now. I am going to Brittany in August with my two kids and best friend.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:13 PM   #14  

Primark is excellent! I wear a tankini but I hate wearing it really.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 02:15 PM   #15  

Thanks Supe. I have been eyeing up those Tankinis. Thankfully we don't shop at the same one, otherwise we might come to blows and we are such nice ladies on this forum!!

Not sure about the Avon stuff - although I am definately getting their skn so soft dry oil spray in woodland fresh as apparently it keeps mozzies away!

I have seen something advertised called _20 which is Danish and has rave reviews for the sun cream as it lasts even in water and even "burners" like me can use it. Unfortunatley you can only get it as airports/shopping channels on tv and mail order but I will give it a go.