Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Thumbs up Thursday Chatters for summer

Here we are in the summer. For all those new to our thread, come on and join in the discussions and support. We are a great group.

Maureen, I'm so glad you are with us again. Working 2 jobs must be so hard. You must meet yourself coming and going.
Tammy, we hope you get to feeling better.
Mimi, tell your sons that you must have you own computer time. We miss you when you don't post as much as usual.
Sis, it's so good to know that you are on the mend from that operation.
Susan,we are here for you and with you. You haven't mentioned if you have any cravings. Do you???? Are you gaining a lot of weight?
As for me, I'm back OP. This is a tough time for me.....a lot is going on. I'm glad I can come here.

Let's all do our best to stay OP----at least for a couple of days at a time.
Tina
Old 06-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  

Tina, hope everything works out for you!
I just ate some Chex Mix and Diet Pepsi. I've done pretty good today.
Not sure about weigh in tomorrow. Vacation last week and cramps right now might keep me from jumping on the scales. lol

I can't believe June is gone!!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:55 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday to all--
Tammy--I like your snack last night.
I've been good today. Right now, I'm starving. I think I'll go bake some blueberry muffins. Blueberries are just now coming into the stores. they are very healthy. I love just eating a whole cup of them----nothing on them.

What's happening to everyone in the group? I hope y'all are doing well.
It just keeps raining here. Doesn't it know it's summer, a time to be ouitside.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:31 PM   #4  

My living room is all finished. It's beautiful. I worked four of my 7 vacation days on the room but it is worth it. My next project is my bedroom. My son is going to Nebraska for 2 weeks and I will be staying in his room while I rip down old wallpaper and paint and throw out a (small) mountain of stuff. If I can figure out how to put a photo in I will include one when the rooms are done. The boys and I went to Niagara falls last Saturday we left home at 9 in the morning and got home at 2 A.M. the next day, we really had fun, and it was a good idea on my part to bring a friend for each of them that way in the evening I could just sit. Believe me I needed to. The only down point of the whole day was dinner. My oldest Mike wanted to go to the Rainforest cafe. The prices were outrageous, Dan, Alicia (Mike's girlfriend) and I only had a couple of soups and a caesar salad, and water to drink, Dan's friend Matt had some pasta, and Mike had appetizer, main course and dessert. The bill was over a hundred dollars.WHEW! If you have never been there believe me it isn't worth it. I haven't been keeping up too well with the site. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:52 PM   #5  

I think we'll be getting some rain later. The skies are looking pretty dark right now. It has been plenty warm enough for me. I like my AC.

Yummy. Blueberries! Sounds great.

Mimi, you make me tired! You've been so busy. Throwing out mountains of stuff can be a good thing!!! We went to Niagra Falls when Tim was about 2 years old. I know he doesn't remember much at all. lol Maybe it's time to go back.

Rainforest Cafe is expensive. We ate there for a breakfast buffet when the band went to Florida. The price was included in our total cost for the trip. The buffet was delicious. I don't know if they all have breakfast buffets or if this was a rare one. This is the one that is at the Animal Kingdom at Disney World. I've only eaten there one other time, and it was at the same one when Tim and I went to Disney a few years ago.

Anyone else here addicted to the scales? When I'm losing steadily, I tend to get on every morning. Not good, right? I lost another pound this morning, but I won't report it until Thursday if it's still gone! lol
Old 07-03-2004, 07:32 PM   #6  

I have been toying with the idea of buying a good electronic scale. Does anyone think its agood idea? Right now the only place I can weigh in is at the ww meeting and at the doc's office.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:04 PM   #7  

Mimi, I really like the scales that we have. The ones that we had before didn't show 1/2 pound losses (or gains). This one does.
It's a Health O Meter Ever Weigh. I know it isn't the same as the doctors, mine weighs less than his. I always tell him his is wrong. lol When I weigh on mine, I know that when I weigh on his, I'll be about 5 pounds heavier. BUT if I have lost on mine, that means I've lost on his. Just a different number.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:42 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Mimi,
I bought a scale by Rowenta. I got it from HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER. It's a lot more accurate than any we've had. You can look on their web site and find it. Now, it was expensive but it's good.
Good luck. Oh, and congrats on all that work in your house.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:45 PM   #9  

Here is apicture of Eddie in my new living room. I hope it works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ed+Couch.JPG (10.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Oh Mimi, that is a darling picture. Your house looks good, too.
congratulation on all your hard work on your house. Eddie is beautiful.
Tina
Old 07-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #11  

Pretty cat!! Nice house!!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Susan, are you home yet????? We've really missed you!!!!!

Old 07-07-2004, 08:32 AM   #13  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone is doing well here. I am doing pretty good. Feeling a lot better. Afraid to weigh myself. LOL Oh well, I have to get with it and watch what I am doing. How is everyones weather? Been kind of cool here. Only 70's. Sometimes upper 60's. Doesn't feel very much like summer yet. And of course a lot of rain...Have a good week...Sis
Old 07-07-2004, 08:38 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I'm so glad you are doing good. Have you gotten your medicines regulated yet? Sometimes that's hard to do. Are you feeling like exercising yet? Your weather sounds great!!!!! Our heat index is way over 100 and so your 70's sound marvelous.
Keep feeling good!
Tina
Old 07-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #15  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Went to Dr. today. He sent me for a THS (?) blood test to check for my thyroid hormone levels. Will know soon how they are. Haven't done much exercising yet but I know I HAVE to get out and do some moving! Dr says my voice should be normal by now. Talking voice is, but singing voice is yuk! Hope it goes back to normal or I will be so bummed. Still have a little time off so I will try to enjoy it. Have a great week everyone....Sis
Closed Thread