Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-01-2004, 06:44 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile JuLy WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds

Good Morning Walkers,
I was up bright and early wanting to begin JuLy with a "Bang" so to speak I got in 2.5 miles this morning and then spent the morning
watering my gardens Everything is looking so beautiful!

I will be back sometime today to catch up with everyone.
*Have a Wonderful Day!*

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 2.5

Last edited by SunnyD57; 07-01-2004 at 04:31 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

To start, welcome any and all walkers. We here at JuLy WaLkErS are a really nice group of ladies who use walking as our magor form of exercise. We only challenge ourselves and support each other. Come on along!

Hi Sunny, It's going to be a great month. I can just tell My day of course started off with 2 more baseball games. DD almost earned herself a 12 pk of soda from her coach. At this age level their coach still pitches to them, so she has made a deal with the team that if they get a home run she'll give them a pop, but if they hit her (the pitcher) she'll give them a 12 pk of pop. DD hit a terrific line drive right at her. The coach barely had time to skip out of the way DS is finally get good hits off that pitching machine. He's a much happier camper

Ok, I'm done avoiding my goals for JuLy. Here they are

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!!

I have been so busy with summer in full swing now, its just crazy!!

I would like the WATP community to join the July Walkers if thats ok? I just thought it would be great to unite the walking community

Sunny how are you girl?? How are your gardens? My lawn is looking sooo great!!

Kristi how are things with your mother?

Sheila you are doing so wonderful!! Keep it up!!

Ok off for a nap!!
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang!

Hope you don't mind our gang on the WATP thread joining ya'll here! I love walking, either with the Leslie Sansone tapes, or outside around our 2 mile block or a walking track or at the mall during lunch - just whenever I can fit it in. Last month my goal was 40 miles, and I walked 44 miles and added some major strength training with Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weight tapes.

This month my goal is to walk at least 40 miles and do strength training 2 or 3 times a week.

I also wanted to start July off with a bang, so this morning I got up at 5 am and did a 3 mile 45 minute WATP tape with handweights before getting reading for work.

July = 3 miles

next?
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Hey Hey Sheila you are doing so GREAT!
YOU GO GIRL!

It will be great to exercise together!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:03 PM   #6  

Smile

Hi *MICHELLE*
I know I don't mind at all... the more the merrier! I tried to change the Thread Title to JuLy WaLkErS just Walking Away The Pounds but I could only change the title above my post Oh well... we'll change the thread title next month.

It is so good to see you! I love your new Avatar!!!! You are as beautiful as I pictured you to be... and then some.

I am feeling so much better, thank you for asking, Michele. Boy, it sure did take me a long time after this last infection to get back into exercise, but I am back

And my gardens are so colorful, but for some reason I couldn't get the Morning Glory Seeds to take this year - I think it was just way too wet! Maybe next year will be better --- I will begin the seeds inside earlier in the season. Our weather has been absolutely beautiful the last few weeks! Just loving my morning walks again.

Hi *SHEILA*
So good to see you too!! You are doing wonderful, girl!!! Not bad at all for someone who could not get going... you have outdone me I have to work very hard this month even TRY to catch up now

Thank you so much for your concerns over my Joe The Dr. believes that Joe has Sleep Apnea and that it is causing his fatigue and his spikes of high BP and low body temp. So he will be going for a Sleep Study as soon as the Dr. clears it with our Insurance Co. He also took a blood sample to check his thyroid just in case. But all in all it's pretty good news, the Dr. doesn't think there's a concern for stroke or heart problems... thank the Lord. He is so thin and in such good shape - I just couldn't figure out what could be wrong... but I told the Dr. all I could think of (ie: his snoring at night and gasps for breath, his fatigue, low body temp & spikes in his BP) and I jotted down all his numbers each time I took his BP and it helped the Dr. out allot. My mom told me to do it, she's a retired RN. We both breathed a deep sigh of relief after his appointment, we came home and had lunch together before he left for work again. He was all smiles when he left this afternoon.
You are so sweet to ask...

Hi *KRISTI*
You & your children are doing so well this year! They with their games you with your walking/running (A Big Thumbs up!)

How's the pool coming along?? Swimming in it yet?

Hi *CATHY*
I don't think you know me, but I have seen you around I think it's great that we are joining together! Although... ... I do hope that I will be able to keep up with you gals

My goals this month are:

To WaLk 45 MiLes for JuLy &
Go to Curves 3x a week

*God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-01-2004, 05:18 PM   #7  

Smile A Brief Introduction for Cathy and the others...

I am SunnyD aka Donna, 47 years young and am married 29 years (June 21st) to Joe w/ no children (long story ). I do not work outside of the home And we have three boys (cats): Domino (8), & brothers- Guido (2) & Zeppe (2) - yes, cats to everyone else ~ but they are our kids. And four fish: Smudge, Mickey, Zoe & Sadie... everyone gets a name Joe & I sing in a small group at church called *Gift of Song* and we have sung for Weddings & Funerals (too many funerals this year I am afraid). I belong to Curves and go 3x a week I also Walk on my T-Mill or in the park whenever I can. I have lost 22 lbs. so far (note my graph at the bottom of my post) and hope to lose another 38 lbs. before Sept/04. I am trying like the dickens to get it off. The food program I follow is portion control - work off more calories then I take in. My meals are very close to the South Beach Diet in Phase II of the program. I have a picture of me in MY PUBLIC PROFILE in case you would like to see what I look like --- I love pictures, as the others on this thread will tell you

*God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #8  

I got the title changed girls!

You are all doing so great and I couldn't be more proud of all of you!!

Sunny I don't know what is up with this weather lately!! We have had so much rain here its just nuts!! We normally don't get thunderstorms but this week we have had a few of them! Got any new pics of your gardens? I'd love to see!!

Michelle
Old 07-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #9  

Wink Michelle

Yep I have more pictures, but I will have to catch you later... my hubby is home and dinner is almost ready --- he comes home very hungry So I will post a couple pics the first chance I get, okay.

Till later...
Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #10  

Hi everybody, Michelle it's great to hear from you again...... Sheila, You ended the month with great numbers. You need to applaud yourself more often girl. Terrific job....
Cathy, I think it's awesome you are going to join us here. Sorry about bailing on the food log. It was just too much for to think about. I'm so used to just closing the windows on my food mover. I'm adding strength training this month as well. What are these Kathy Smith tapes you're talking about? I lifted weights when I was in my 20's and have only toyed with them since. I'd love some kind of tape to follow. Please share your knowledge.........Sunny, I'm so sorry to hear your Joe has not been feeling well. It was very smart of you to log all the things you were noticing and monituring his BP. He's very lucky to have someone who loves him so much (I know, you are lucky too!!) I will continue to keep you both in my prayers........well, I started JuLy with a fizzle rather than a sizzle. I have no milage no strength training no nothing to log. I did clean my pool though. DOes waling up and down the ladder a few times count for anything? lol....It's great to see the thread so lively. we are not going out of town for the 4th so, I will be around if anyone else is

Kristi
Old 07-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #11  

Kristi!!! You are doing sooo awesome!!! WOW!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:11 AM   #12  

Smile

Good Morning Walkers
I am sitting here sipping on a cup of coffee and so glad that I dragged myself out of bed this morning and got in my walk - Walked 3.25 Miles this morning. It was an absolutely beautiful sunrise with the pink & orange glow lining the white clouds against the baby blue sky - just beautiful! Not to mention all the bunnies and birds all about. I am glad I got up early and got in my walk - now I am set for the day. It's bill-paying day today (yuck )... and this afternoon the roofer guy is coming by to set up a time to have our roof completely done with new shingles, Ice Guard all the way up and a Ridge Vent for better air circulation... it's gonna look good too

Hi *KRISTI*
Yeah... now he has a really bad cold to boot
But I had to turn him over a couple times last night to his side because he wasn't breathing well on his back. He really needs his sleep! Especially now that he isn't feeling well... with his job and all the driving he does it can be worry-some if he is tired. Thanks so much for your concern and compliments of our marriage. We are best friends and always have been --- I have been blessed. Oh we have our moments, but after 29 years they are fewer and far between. The small stuff just doesn't matter anymore

Hey there *MICHELLE*
Here is a picture of my only Pink Peony flower ~ I just got the plant last fall - it will do better next spring.

I'll have more pics later, okay

*You all have a Great OP Day!*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25

JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 5.75
Old 07-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #13  

Sunny- that one flower is just gorgeous!! I have a few flowers around my house, I have one that looks like lavender (I think) lol I'm not too knowledgeable about plants and flowers. I also have tulips and a few daisies.

Have a great day!!
Michelle
Old 07-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #14  

Good morning girls......Sunny, your walk sounds beautiful. The weather here this morning was perfect for an early morning walk as well. I wish I had gone when you did. This is the first day this week that the children have no ball or anything so I'mm looking forward to a day at home..Phew! It's too bad Joe is having such a hard time with his sleep. I hope you are taking time to rest yourself during the day. It sounds as if your care for him through the night is also taking away from your sleep. Your peonie is beautiful. Mine haven't bloomed yet and I don't know as if they will. I've had 3 large bushes 2 pink 1 white that have been here for 20 yrs or more. I think my DH was tired of mowing around them (they were huge) and the stinker just mowed them off like the first 3 mowings of the season!!!! Now, what is coming up are much smaller bushes.....
Michelle, I see from your stats you have had a great month as well. Keep it up girl.....
For me, it's 4 miles and a strength training for today. I had put down Mon and Wed for my strength, but I'm afraid with the holiday I may be tempted to skip it on Mon. Today I'm doing a six exercise series I found in a prevention magazine aimed at my abs....

Kristi
Old 07-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #15  

Talking Pictures

Hi Gals,
Here are some pictures of my (our) home...

JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE IT FULL SIZED
Pics:
5> Taken off the Rt. Corner from the road
4> Taken off the Left Corner
3> Back on the Rt. Corner through the trees we have on the corner
showing our enclosed porch that Joe & I and the cats enjoy.
2> Enclosed Porch and Side Garden
1> Side Garden (Rt. side of our home)

I have some more to post - close-ups of the flowers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Our Home 1.JPG (43.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 2.JPG (42.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 3.JPG (46.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 4.JPG (48.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 5.JPG (41.7 KB, 42 views)