Old 06-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Hi! Mind If I Join In?

I've been lurking around this board (and many others) for a long time. I really like this one the best of all and I hope I can join in your support and discussions. My name is Barb and I'm 46. I'm doing WW Online and have been reading this board for motivation and inspiration (of which there is plenty!!). I'm currently weighing in at (gulp) 222 and my goal is 150-ish. I have a long way to go but I want to do it right this time (name the fad diet and I've done it, lost it and then gained it).
You all seem like such a friendly group and I hope you don't mind if I hitch a ride here. Thanks!
Barb
224.5/222/150-ish
Barb1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #2  

Hi Barb

Welcome! I'm usualy more of a lurker than a poster, but I'm always here several times a day. Feel free to jump right on in and post whenever and wherever you wish!
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #3  

Heya Barb, Welcome!! There is tons of great support here. You put your mind to it and you will have that weight gone in no time. I think we all have tried those fad diets out there at one point or the other. I have learned that the only way I am going to lose weight and keep it off is to eat a healthy diet and one that I know will stick once I am done losing the weight. You are on the right track!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and please, post often! Kudos to you for getting on track! You will have the weight gone before you know it. My advice is to keep your meal planning creative and make this journey FUN! It's really gotten me far!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:32 PM   #5  

Thanks to everyone for making me feel at home here.

Gretchen--I like your advice about keeping the meals creative. I'm making it my mission to try at least one new recipe a week. Tonight's experiment is a frittata with asparagus, potatoes and Egg Beaters (and some other stuff).
Old 06-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome! I'm doing the not-online WW (what would you call that??). In other words, I go to the meetings. Hope to see you posting often. Please feel free to join the monthly challenge or one of the other challenges.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:06 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the fold!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:54 PM   #8  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Barb,

This is a great bunch of people ~ you will enjoy it here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:51 AM   #9  

Welcome Barb! You've absolutely come to the right place for lots of support, motivation, and laughs along the way. Look forward to hearing some of your new recipes.....how did that frittata turn out????
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #10  

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome!! Last night's frittata was probably a 7 on a scale of 1-10. My husband loved it so much he had two servings and then took the rest for lunch today (total recipe serves 6). For those familiar with The Pampered Chef they have a new cookbook entitled "It's Good For You". I've made a few things out of it besides the fritatta and they've been excellent. Made Chocolate Cinnamon Meringues yesterday 'cause we had a freaky non-humid day here. They were awesome!! And looked just like the ones you pay a small fortune for in the stores. (I used the star tip of a cake decorator thingy). ***For the record, I'm not a PC dealer or anything nor am I endorsing their products.***
Thanks again! I'm loving this forum!!
Barb
Old 06-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. The more the merrier.
I'm planning on getting that cookbook in a couple of months (it's one I'll earn) and can't wait to try it out. I was looking over my recipes last night to showcase at my open house and found 2 in the light n simple cookbook I'm going do demonstrate.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

Welcome Barb!

You should definetly jump right in on the July Points Challenge..Its a huge motivator!

Post often - and most of all, remember we're all in this together!!

Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote