South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:00 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chatter

Morning everyone

Well, I did not make it in for coffee with you all yesterday, so as penance I am starting today's thread.

I have to do some weeding today, and then to the tip with about seven bags of old rubbish from the garden. A day of cleansing of one sort or another.

Fell off the phase one wagon last night with some cous cous, so I have to refocus my efforts today. If I do enough chores I wont have time to think about food I reckon. No clients today as there is a tube strike in London so everyone cancelled. no money for me.......

have a good day all.
xx
Old 06-29-2004, 05:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, clovey, and sleepy chicks to come.

Harry and I are off to town soon for his ultra-sound. He is going to be really grumpy with no breakfast so I'm not looking forward to the drive. I need to go for allergy shot # 2 today and forgot to make the appointment so am hoping they can work me in this afternoon.

Coffee and tea on the deck in five minutes and we'll watch the day unfold. The sunrise looks good despite the weather predictions of rain.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We had our rain overnite, and this morning the sun is shining, so hopefully it will stay that way today. Coffee sounds good, but I'd better wait til after my workout. If I drink anything before, I keep having to pee - all part of getting older. There's a Starbuck's right next to Curves, and I go straight over there for a coffee right afterwards ( it's my little reward for exercising).

Today Jake has to figure out what happened with our pool pump. Last evening when I turned it off, the plug felt hot and I had to struggle to unplug it. It's a 3-prong plug, and one of the prongs melted into the socket! I was lucky I didn't get electrocuted! I have no idea how or why that happened, but Jake will look at it when he gets home today. So I guess in the meantime we can't use the pool. Always something.

Kiko - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you today, hope it turns out well. I had a similar experience several years back, and thank God it turned out to be just a water-filled syst. It was a little scary though.

RNmom - It feels great, doesn't it? All our dieting does pay off!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-29-2004, 07:10 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chickies just enjoying a Tims Tea DH just went and got me. The sun is shinning and the birds are singing looks like it is going to be another wonderful day. Colvey you lucky girl you could have had a terrible shock. Hope DH can get it fixed nothing worse than looking at a pool and not being able to use it. Ruthie hope Harry is not to grumpy on the drive that is a horrible fate having to drive with a grumpy man. How is the arm feeling today?
I have lots of little things I need to do but I don't know if I want to really do anything. I think that I am going to have Friday off as well looks like none of my families need me. WOW I will have an extra long week end. I will be able to gets lots done for the wedding next week end. Well must run I have more little ones coming in. Check back later. ( I will not talk about being OP or NOT)
Old 06-29-2004, 07:27 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Another gloomy, overcast day here in Hotlanta. I'm beginning to feel very Eeyore and the sun will never shine again.

Dh was involved in a car accident yesterday am. Luckily, he was a passenger and it was a company vehicle and not ours. We couldn't afford a disaster like that. He came away with a bumped elbow, but nothing worse. Thank God for small favors!

Had a downright heinous headache yesterday...sinuses I think. Our pollen count is off the charts and there's all sorts of mold spores floating in the dank, dismal air. Can hardly breathe. Yuck!

Dh goes today for his pre-op cardiogram and bloodwork. He's still not sleeping. I think he's afraid of the anesthesia. I don't blame him...it's a rather frightening prospect to be rendered unconscious and be at the mercy of a total stranger. Oh, btw, I think someone asked why he's having surgery...

Back when he was in the navy (Vietnam), he was aboard a destroyer and was a fire control technician. Those are the guys who fire those big 8" guns. Even with ear protection, he ended up with percussion fractures of the 3 small bones in the inner ear. Over the years, the bones deteriorated to the point where now, he only has between 5% and 10% hearing ability. The surgeon is going to replace those bones with prosthetic ones. Hopefully, his hearing will get back to between 90% and 95%.

Ok, must go feed the bun-bun and myself. Hope you all have a great day on the Beach...watch out for those sand fleas!

Mamacita
Old 06-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #6  

Mamcita Your DH will be in my thoughts! When does he have the actual surgery?

LC Gotta love a 3 day weekend! Send OP thoughts and vibes your way!

Ruth Hope Harry wasn't too much of a grump!!

Cottage Thanks for the good thoughts. I will post when I find something out.

Taking DD to preschool today and will be helping make 4th of July shirts. Should be fun! I cut out a bunch of stars from cardboard boxes and then peeled back one side to show the corrugated ridges. You dip the stars in fabric paint and voila! My DD loves anything that involves paint, so she will love it.

Need coffee.........
Old 06-29-2004, 08:34 AM   #7  

good morning ladies,
we had quite a bit of rain last night but today looks sunny so far, i think it is supposed to get into the 70's today not too hot just the way i like it.
i am still struggling to get back op i know exactly what the problem is i stopped preparing in advance. i will spend a little time today making a meal plan for myself for the next 2 days at least and then i will stick to it.

ruth good luck with harry and the sonogram today.

little chick enjoy your long weekend, hope you get lots done for the wedding.

mama i hope dh does well with the surgery also glad the accident wasn't any worse.

clovey enjoy the day of weeding ahead of you, good luck getting back op.

cottage that is something about the pool luckily no one got hurt. hope you get the pool up and running again soon!!

to all the rest of you lovely beach babes have a great day today on the beach!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #8  

morning kiko the paint project sounds like fun!! have a good day!!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, this is the first week here in Michigan since the end of April when we haven't had at least 3 days of rain - all the plants are going "What the...?" We are now watering my pots of lettuce and grape tomatoes on the deck, which we hadn;t done for the first month after I potted them up - I've started picking lettuce as part of my lunch - it's much cheaper than the bagged and it doesn't spoil if I don't eat it!
Karen - Enjoy the paint project - I just love kids when they're that age - they still like being with you!
Cottage - we have a little "water feature" in our back yard that my husband hasn't been able to fix - and does he call someone to fix it - no. I finally put in a mosquito dunk so that we don't infest the neighborhood.
Well, have a good day all.

Sue
SW/CW/GW
278/??/160
Old 06-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning all. Just dropping in for a quick cup of coffee and to wish everyone well today. Short staffed at work today, so must go...

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Bye.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #11  

Good Morning, chicks! I'm sitting here at work drinking my Plantation Mint tea and reading posts. I guess I'll have to start working in a few minutes but it is quiet now with no one else in yet.

Kiko - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results! And for dry weather but I don't think we'll get any Would you believe it didn't rain in Richardson yesterday after we got drenched in Plano? I hope the 4th is dry since we are supposed to be joining friends in The Colony for Hawaiian Falls.

I'm up a little bit this morning but I'm not going to worry about it. TOM started last night and since I stayed OP AND walked one hour on the treadmill last night, I'm sure it will come off. But I really wanted to be as low as possible for the June Challenge! I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #12  
cac

Hi everyone!

Tommorow I weigh myself to see if I reach goal this month. I know i have not. What i have been thinking aobut is how much I have learned this month.

1. I am not alone going through this weight loss process. So use the support systems
2. Don't think of what I can't eat but, what I can eat.
3. I have allot of weight to lose and it will take time - Maybe even a year.
4. Being discourage leads to cheating. So I now keep a list of what I have lost and what I can wear now instead of what i can not.
5. Plan!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise I wind up with no option.
6. Without exersize I don't loose as quickly.

cac
ps my poison oak is finely on the down turn.

cac
Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chickies-

I just got back from the dentist and the face is NUMB. This stinks! It means no eating, sure, but no drinking either. I tried but felt like a newborn baby who drools!

Ruthie -- good luck with Harry. let us know!

LC -- I am sooo jealous of your long weekend!

Mama -- Good luck and prayers to your DH

And good luck to us all on these last 2 days of the month. I am crashing hard. Stayed OP yesterday, hope to today and tomorrow. Only, I have so much laundry, I am literally down to my last outfit for work today and if I don't do laundry tonite, I am going to go to work nekked tomorrow. So, no gym. Although, going up and down 3 flights of stairs with 3 loads of laundry is no small feat!

I've resigend myself to the fact that I will have a gain this month. Tom is next week and all is lost. But here I go again back on!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Jenne - can sooooo empathize with the mouth. I had my wisdom teeth out a couple of weeks ago and one was wrapped around a nerve in my jaw. I still feel like my mouth is frozen - right from the chin back to the cheek, including my teeth and tongue. I am hoping that it will eventually return to normal, but I have to be careful that I don't burn myself or drool too much. Hope it is feeling better in the next couple of hours - at least before lunch.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Promise to read everyone's posts this afternoon or evening...off to get dressed and head to the clean-up day picnic at work, pick up my charm bracelet (two new charms added) and go to the gym.

Have a great day on the beach, ladies, and no throwing sand or pantsing boys in speedos!
Closed Thread