South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 PM   #1  
Faith in me

Question Short Term Goals

Hi everyone!

My name is Jess and I'm 22. I recently started the South Beach Diet and am trying to come up with a short term goal. The thing is I'm not quite sure I know what is a healthy goal and was wondering if anyone could help me out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! My long time goal is to be 145 lbs...and then who knows!

Last edited by HistoryChick; 06-28-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #2  

I guess that would depend on how tall you are. I'm 5'7, 178, and my short term goal is 160. Once I reach that I'll evaluate how I look and what size I can wear and determine what my final goal will be. I'm thinking probably 145 would be a healthy target. Fitday.com has a tool in which you can enter your weight and height and it tells you what is a healthy range. G'luck.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

The first time I started on a plan to lose weight, I had 60 pounds to lose. When I looked at that, it seemed to be insurmountable. I decided to track my weight weekly and set up some mini goals. Each time I moved below one of the 5 lb. increments on the scale, I congratulated myself and then started to focus on the next 5 lb. increment. By doing that, I was able to focus on mangeable segments.

In addition to the 5 lb. segments, I set larger goals for myself. These goals revolved around BMI scores and normal weight ranges. Although I have never been over 200 lb. (I was close but have not been there), I noticed that many of the ladies set a goal to be in ONEderland (below the 200 lb. mark). I also set goals for congratulating myself when I moved from the obese category to ONLY overweight. That was one of the larger mini goals that I set. I am below that point now, but intend to celebrate once again when I move from overweight into the normal weight range.

Set up small, do-able goals for yourself that will encourage your weight loss and not overwhelm you. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Jess, welcome to the Beach!!
Closed Thread