South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #1  

Red face Hey All, I'm a newbie!

Hey everyone, What's up? I'm new to the forum & I'm extremely interested in SBD. I've seen people shrink in as little as 2 months. I myself have been on WW off & on for the past 2 years almost. The reason the program isn't working so well for me anymore is because I lost a substantial amout of weight the first time around (38 lbs) and went back to my original poor eating habits. There were complications, like death in my family, & a breakup ... well, I would like to give SBD a go cos I am serious about weight-loss. I know I can do it, I've done it twice I can do it again. I just need something that I can believe in once more. If anyone can help me, explain the program to me before I go out & purchase the book, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry about posting in here, I don't see a newbie/intro forum. Well thanks. God Bless.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #2  

Take a look at the stickies and read the Frequently Asked Questions. It gives a ton of information about the program. If it sounds as good to you as it does to us, then definitely get the book. There is a cookbook too with lots of good recipes and also a lot of recipes in the South Beach Recipe forum. Some people are losing faster than others (I'm a slow loser) but you will lose if you follow the plan. Remember this is not a low carb diet. It is a healthy carb way of life. Welcome to the Beach!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  

hi there welcome to the beach!!! take a look around there is a ton of info in here just like barb said. good luck and enjoy your time on the beach!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  
cac

welcome and good luck. I would recommend you read the book. I reread sections when I am stuck.

Good luck,
CAC
Old 06-24-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach. Just ask all the questions you need to, we are a vault of info here. There is always someone who can answer a question or suggest a web site. Speaking of which www.prevention.com also has lots of SBD info. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the beach!! Its great to have you!!

Michelle
Old 06-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #7  

Welcome! I too did WW off and on for MANY years and while I think it is a good program I am achieving much better results with SBD. Just jump on in and DO IT!!
Old 06-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to the beach.

I am new to SBD, also. Like you, I did WW and lost a substantial amount of weight, but put it back on over the course of the past year. When I tried to lose again, I found that it wasn't working the same way...and I also realized that I was really hungry all the time on WW.

My dr. suggested a low carb, low sugar diet and SBD sounded perfect for me. I haven't been on very long, still have a lot of questions about the program, but the people here are fabulous for suggestions and information.

Good luck.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:41 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. You will love not having to count points!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #11  

Default New too

Hi, I'm new too having just started SBD 5 days ago. So far it's working well for me. I, too, did the WW program with several successful losses but always a regain+. I'm hoping this program will be workable for the long haul. I was encouraged to read that PhaseII allows a glass of wine, so that makes the long haul possible!

The biggest problem I have is with breakfast. I don't much like cooking in the morning and the bagels or cereal are out for now. I'm finding that chopping some extra omelette ingredients when I cook dinner the night before saves me that morning excuse to slide into old habits.

One thing I've noticed is that you need to watch general 'low carb' recipe searches on the web because many cater to Atkins followers where the good fats aren't (from what I've understood) stressed as much as on SBD.

Thanks for all the great threads and information on these boards.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Heidi!!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #13  

Default Thanks

Thanks you everyone who's replied so far & I really feel welcomed. I Haven't officially started SBD yet cos I'm in a wedding next Saturday & I know...they're be drinks & Cake...so I already know. But I'm really modifying & I'm still following WW. As soon as the celebrations are over, I'm going to transition into South Beach. I pray for the best. Thanks again everyone!
Closed Thread