South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #1  

Smile Sample Menus!

For those of you who have been doing SB for awhile do u mine posting what you guys eat on a daily basis! Im gonna start tomorrow (hopefully) I would like to finish reading the book. I would greatly appreciate it Thank You!

Last edited by Mary2004; 06-22-2004 at 02:14 PM. Reason: bolding the title
Old 06-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #2  
Chi Omega Chick

Smile

I eat the same thing everyday except at dinner.. im so boring lol

B- 1/3 cup liquid egg subsitute with 1 slice fat free cheese 1 tblsp low carb sugar free ketchap

S- 2 stalks of celery with 1 tblspn fat free ranch dressing + 3 drops hot sauce

L- 1 cup turkey pastrami with 2 slice's low fat american cheese and 2 tbsp dijon mustard (sometimes mayo) and lettuce.

S- 30 pistatchios

D- usually some sort of grilled or sauted chicken with peppers or over a salad.

D- Ricotta cheesecake... it's delish!!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #3  

B - FF SF yogurt (vanilla when on Phase 1, fruit flavored on Phase 2)
S - raw cauliflower
L - normally leftovers from dinner
S - devilled egg (one egg with a little mayonnaise, mustard and pepper)
D - Lots of variety, I'll include some of my favorites:
Mexican Lasagna (phase 2)
Taco Bake (phase 1 if you don't eat it with a WW tortilla)
Red Snapper Courtbouillon (in phase 1 I used chicken broth instead of the red wine and ate it over cabbage instead of basmati rice)
Ginger Chicken with black beans spiced up with onions, garlic and salsa
Eggplant Pizzettas (great for Phase 1) or I use a WW tortilla for Phase 2
Quick and Easy Spicy Chicken Soup is a good one
Shrimp Creole
Ham Jambalaya (phase 2 because of the rice)
Old 06-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mary, great idea for a thread!

Jams, love your interesting menu choices and use of hot sauce in dressing! Yum!

Here's my approximate daily schedule. I go nuts if things are the same all the time, so I switch it up a lot.

A regular daily menu:

B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, diced cukes, Lawry's seasoning salt, 6 oz. V-8.

Snack: Fruit flavored yogurt (or cheese stick)

L: Leftovers of a starch free meal and a salad, or tuna (with mayo, cut up pickle, Lawry's and garlic powder) with a salad, or celery sticks with dressing as dip, roast beef rolled up with mayo and Lawry's, etc. One creamsicle or a jell-o cup with 2 Tbsp cool whip free for dessert.

Snack: Pear with Laughing Cow Light cheese (or pickle with peanut butter or apple with PB or berries with vanilla yogurt, etc.)

Dinner: Something with a lot of veggies or something without many but with a salad (prebagged salad mix with cukes, grape tomatoes, and dressing...maybe cheese, but rarely) and a starch...usually part of the dinner (like pasta or couscous), but sometimes a wholegrain roll. (get a lot of recipes from Cooking Light)

Dessert: PB cup (if I didn't have nuts that day) or a fudgesicle.

If I am starving during the day, or have to go several extra hours before a meal (like when I had class from 6-9 after working from 8-6), I would eat an extra snack, usually nuts if I had not had them, or perhaps a cheese stick. There are lots of other options, but I was looking for something that did not make a mess or a lot of noise (like celery).

Hope that helps. I plan a lot of menus using the cookbook and also Cooking Light (www.cookinglight.com). That way I can plan out the rest of my week. Last week I had a veggie burger with cheese and cole slaw for lunch, which was good. This week I'm working on the remains of cheese and broccoli soup from Saturday night. It is heavenly and in the Misc. Phase 2 recipes in this forum.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #5  

When I was on Phase One I usually had:

Breakfast- 2 eggs and a small slice of lean ham, coffee, and V-8

A.M. Snack - 1 or 2 cheese sticks

Lunch-Either a salad or 3 roll-ups consisting of a piece of lean lunchmeat, a slice of mozarella and some fresh baby spinach. Sometimes I had leftovers from the night before. Also usually had a sugar free jello.

P.M. Snack - Handful of almonds

Dinner - one of the many yummy recipes found on this site. My favorites include the cheese stuffed beef rolls, the fireside white bean soup, and the stuffed pork chops, or either I would cook a steak, chicken or salmon on the grill, along with a salad or some other kind of vege.

Dessert - either a ricotta cream or a SB Peanut Butter Cup, and usually another cup of coffee.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:45 PM   #6  

as helpful as following some one elses meal plan may be, use them only as guidlines. each person is different and has different taste. You really need to enjoy what your eating for this to work. my suggestion is to look at the phase 1 list and pick your meals accordingly. Some of the suggestions given are are really healthy choices, but some are not phase 1 friendly. Dont worry about starting this because you will find really great things to eat. ANd lastly you really need to finish reading the book so that you have a full understanding of how to make your choices and why you must make your choices that way. So good luck and keep us posted on your progress, hope this advice helps.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:06 PM   #7  

B - 2 eggs, slice of low fat cheese, coffee (can't do without it)
S - either f/f yogurt, low fat cheese or boiled peanuts
L - salad with lean deli meat/tuna/feta cheese, vegetarian chilli
S - either f/f yogurt, low fat cheese or boiled peanuts, sometimes diet soft drink if I want extra snacks
D - usually lean rump steak or boneless chicken breast with powered seasoning, sometimes lamb or pork chops with fat removed, served with salad or vegies, sometimes stir fry style, sometimes in a f/f sauce to make a curry/casserole.
S - weight watcher jelly (jello), phase 2 - low fat, artificially sweetened custard/yogurt/ice cream, herbal tea if I feel the need to snack or have something sweet

I aim for 2 litres of water a day.
I aim to go for a walk (one hour) or do an aqua class or go to the gym for 20-30 min resistance training each day. On a good day I do two of these.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Chick, just as an aside...why boiled peanuts instead of roasted? I read in an article that veggies lose a lot of nutrients when cooked in water...they leach out into the water. It was amazing how much they lost! I wonder if peanuts lose nutrients when boiled?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:02 PM   #9  
I found my hipbones!

Here's some ideas from my menu repertoire:

B - 2 poached eggs w/1 slice whole grain toast and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
OR omelet with salsa and low fat cheddar
OR Uncle Sam Cereal with 1% milk, sliced strawberries, 1 T chopped walnuts

S - 1 mozzarella cheese stick

L - Salads! (I'm all about the tomatoes and the black olives as you'll see...) Romaine lettuce w/turkey, tomatoes, black olives, shredded parmesan, and Caesar dressing
OR romaine lettuce w/turkey bacon, tomatoes, black olives, low fat cheddar, and ranch dressing
OR iceberg lettuce w/ground sirloin (mixed with taco seasoning - keep beef separate and reheat at lunch time...makes the cheese on top of the salad all nice and melty when you top it with the warm meat), tomato, black olives, green onions, low fat cheddar, part skim mozzarella

S - 30 pistachios
OR sugar free jello
OR broccoli/cauliflower mix w/salsa
OR cottage cheese

D - Soufflé Chicken, grilled sweet potatoes
OR Stuffed Pork Chops, broccoli and carmelized shallots
OR Beef Kabobs w/Peanut sauce, parmesan couscous
OR Unbreaded Chicken Parmesan, whole wheat spaghetti

Dessert - sugar free/fat free fudgesickle
OR fresh picked black raspberries
OR peanut butter cup
Old 06-22-2004, 05:24 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Fuzzy, that sounds delicious! Are the kabobs with peanut sauce in the cookbook or in the forum?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:31 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Chick, just as an aside...why boiled peanuts instead of roasted? I read in an article that veggies lose a lot of nutrients when cooked in water...they leach out into the water. It was amazing how much they lost! I wonder if peanuts lose nutrients when boiled?
Hmmm ... I hadn't thought of that! Now that I check the packet they are blanched so nutrient loss should be minimal. They are just a really cheap way to buy nuts. I pay the equivalent of USD1 for just over a pound. I also thought I could throw a handful of nuts into a stirfry sometimes so I need to buy plain nuts for this. I have no willpower for dry roasted peanuts and would probably finish the bag in one sitting.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #12  
I found my hipbones!

They are in the cookbook, and my husband begs and begs for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Fuzzy, that sounds delicious! Are the kabobs with peanut sauce in the cookbook or in the forum?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:40 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mary - I posted my SBD/WW menus in the FAQ section of this forum.

I'm not suggesting you do both programs at the same time but you can get some menu ideas from my plan.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 AM   #14  

You guys are AWESOME! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:41 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Here is a qucik question are black olives better than green ? I like both but favour the green.
Closed Thread