South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 07:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Yippee! The Longest Weekend! June 19 & 20

Well it's the longest daylight weekend anyhow!

The animals are taking over the zoo! Deer yesterday and this morning a parade of 17 geese down the middle of the road! When we first moved here we had cows and goats parading but I thought we'd become more civilized since then! I guess geese are pretty civilized. They look classy anyhow.

At 10 this morning, I go to a Red Hat Society event. www.redhatsociety.com We formed our dis-organization over a year ago but have not been doing much - lack of time and enthusiasm. However, we now have more women interested in becoming part of the Chapter so are meeting for breakfast. It'll be my lunch as there's no way I can survive until then just with coffee!

If it's not raining this afternoon, I'll put in the last of the veggie seeds. I still have lots of space out there so may bung in squash. The Foodbank can always use squash. Hmmm - I wonder if I have any spaghetti squash seeds. I could supply The Beach.

What are you doing for fun this weekend? Set 'n share!
(No sex stories, please! )
Old 06-19-2004, 07:32 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ruthie, how funny that you are in the Red Hats. Both my Mother in laws are into this one who is just starting her own group and one who is in one but they are a new group as well. They just had a big ralley at our community center about 3/4 weeks ago. So are you a countess, Queen or what? Well I hope that you have fun. Well yesterday was the last day of school and my I spent most of the morning up there I had my last official duties as President. I was a little teary eyed knowing that that was my last time in that school my dd goes off to middle school. Not muched planned for the week-end other than some Fathers day shopping and a family b-que tomorrow. Well I must go dh just brought me home a coffee from Tims ( well I will confess it is a FV) I can't drink it and post here it makes me feel quilty.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Don't feel guilty, Little Chick. This is a very forgiving plan and you certainly can have treats once in a while.
I'm not a princess or countess - just the Email Female. We made up our own titles! It's a good group but we need to start doing more things!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  

Good morning!

My coffee is brewing as I type. Not too much planned for us this weekend. This morning my mom is coming over and we are going to go to this giant Flea Market. We have never been, so thought we would check it out. Hopefully we can beat the heat, because it has been getting pretty miserable here.

Tomorrow we will take DH to lunch and then the Frisco Roughriders, a local baseball farm team, is hosting a four hour event from 4-8. They will have bounce houses, all kinds of fun activities for kiddos and their dads. Plus, it is free..... fits right in with our budget.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #5  

Kiko - I didn't know about the Roughrider event! I just mentioned it to my husband and he said it sounds great. And that is only about a half hour away if we take the tollways!

I am fighting a nasty cold. Lots of drainage and I just don't feel like exercising or cooking. At least the sore throat is gone. I really need to go shopping. DH was supposed to pick up milk and eggs yesterday but he didn't so I ended up getting an egg burrito from McDonald's this morning I guess I need to go and plan my grocery list and get to the store before the rest of the day ends up off plan!
Old 06-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!

I had a HOOT yesterday at Value Village! (big second hand store) I got a TON of clothes to fit my portly bod, and DD got some good stuff, too!
I spent $200, but if I'd bought the stuff new, it would EASILY have cost $2000!

Ruth, a racoon walked the fence yesterday in front of my kitchen window. Does that count as wildlife, or is that "city rodent stuff"?
I hope you have fun with the "society!!"

Little Chick, don't feel guilty. The rest of us are sitting here eating stuff like bagels slathered in cream cheese.

Karen, have fun at the flea market! I hope you find some great stuff!!

Barbara, I'm so sorry you're sick. Summer is a miserable time to be ill. You can't even cozy up with blankets and hot tea... it's just too darned hot. Take good care of yourself.

Crystal, when you've finished cleaning your house, please pop over here and do mine. This darned house is SO big, and SO full of STUFF!!! Kids and husbands! My DH has kindly left his bicycle and tools in the living room. He's at a conference today, and I'm about to get the children up and whip them into a cleaning frenzy.

Jenn, the snacks for your party sound yummy! I'm glad you had fun, and that you're feeling better!!

VTprop, isn't it nice to get a compliment like that? Congratulations on doing so well.

RNMom, I'll get on it right away re: the bracelet. (listen, hon, I haven't even bought my OWN yet!! )

Pebbles, I love your story about the dishwasher. Please post a pic of your sectional.

Melissa, I'm sorry you feel like a fifth wheel. I'll bet some of your friends secretly envy you your lifestyle. I used to sometimes envy my best friend her single status. She'd go home in the evening with a new book or a movie and a take-out dinner, and I'd go home WISHING for a little time ALONE!!

Laurie, I'm so glad your presentation went well!
That lunch sounded HORRIBLE! I think you handled it so well, hon. You're probably doing the best of all of us here on South Beach, and you be proud of yourself! Who cares what anyone else thinks... this is all about YOU!!! (actually, I would complain to the management if the service staff ignores your requirements... that is just crappy the way they treat people!!)

Hugs to all... have a wonderful weekend, girl!!
Old 06-19-2004, 11:30 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all -- almost afternoon!

My aunt work me with a start this morning a little before ten. Boy did I have one massive headache. And I have a sink full of dishes [the snacks went over well!]

I drank red wine [maybe a glass of white too] but my question is, aren't Jack and Diet coke or bacardi and diet better than red wine? The 2 don't have any carbs and are 66 cals a shot... Just asking.

I don't really care for red wine is all.

My plans involve the gym for the first time in a week!, laundry and getting this kink out of my calf.

Melissa -- I am with you on the 5th wheel thing! No matter which friends I hang out with, they seem to always be coupled.

Kudos to you Laurie! I agree with Ellis, you need to write a letter of complaint and that yes, you are ROCKING at SB!

Happy Saturday! Get lots of daylight in, per Ruth!
Old 06-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #8  
I graduated!

Hi everyone!

Ruth... my "MamaBug" is a red hat lady... she lives in Maryland and says her chapter is huge. She told me a story about all of them (and she says she's one of the "smaller" members in a size 18) decorated wild red swim hats and stormed a local swimming pool where they got in performed unpracticed (they're old and pefect so they don't need to practice) "synchronized (sp?) swimming) got out and ran away... I checked into one red hat club but they were too sedate for me! And many out here are closed.

....LC... if you join the red hat society you'd be sexy for sure!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what FV stands for... but don't feel guilty. I won't say anything! *HUG*

Barb... sorry to hear that you're not feeling well... having just done that myself! Feel better soon! Keep your fluids up... every little bit helps. I really don't know how far off plan it is but normally I take this stuff called "Airborne" to stave off a cold... you can get it lots of places and it really seems to work.

ellis... congrats on your haul! We don't get much wildlife where I live but a friend of mine who lives a few cities over near the hills was once chased down the street by a large racoon! Be careful!

Jenne... glad to hear that your friends cheered you up. It's good to have good friends.

Me... I'm hoping to maybe accomplish *something* today. I feel like I cheated for breakfast (melted some cheese on low fat "healthy ham") but I know that it's not really a cheat... plan on going to Sears this w-end and see if I can find the scale I want. (scale ho searches for the perfect scale)

My house is still a pig-stye, piles of papers everywhere (I don't have a filing system, I have a pile-ing system *sigh*)

This afternoon I've signed up for a free knitting class, I've always wanted to learn to knit. DH is off playing Army or something... he's dragging litters (they're like stretchers) from one site to another or something. Tomorrow we go to my Dad's for dinner. My step-mom is supposedly trying to make things that are OP for us... We're ready to start phase 2 and I'm totally confused (will post another thread).

I'm also still looking into leasing a horse for the next two months, thought it would be nice "me" time and some exercise that I would enjoy... I worry about being "too fat" to ride... but keep telling myself I shouldn't be.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Lovingly,
Old 06-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #9  

ADDFlower, you're NOT too fat to ride! You go for it, girl!!
Old 06-19-2004, 04:38 PM   #10  

Afternoon....

Just woke up from a nap and am groggy! It is stormy and gloomy here in Dallas, so excellent napping conditions.

Barb I am pretty sure you had to pre-register for the Roughriders thing. You can always check their website.

Ellis Sounds like you had some awesome finds. We wound up not going to the flea market due to this storm. Oh well, my mom still came up and we bummed around.

Nothing exciting on the agenda for this evening- I am going to make the Salsa Chicken from the SBD cookbook. I will post it if it turns out yummy. It sounds hot and spicy.

I need to exercise, but have missed my internet access so much, I may just surf around.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis we have a Value Village here as well. Great place to get clothes. Love the fact that everything is hung up and in placed in sizes. Glad you had a great time. ADDflower FV is short for French Vanilla Capp from Tim Hortons. I used to drink them all the time like one or two large a day. When I stopped I lost 10 pounds in a week. I have been hooked on them again lately. I really need a kick in the BUTT.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:41 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning. Harry is up, tested and drugged so it looks like Hersh and I will be getting to Church this morning.

Yesterday was a fun day! The restaurant where we Red Hatters met may never be the same and may never let us back! ADD, the sychronized swimming event sounds great. I may steal that idea for a winter event! We ARE going to walk in the Westport Centennial Parade next weekend in full ridiculous regalia.

I did weeding yesterday afternoon in a perennial bed which has not been touched since Spring 2002! I sure turfed out a garden cart or two of weeds and unwanted plants. I hope to do some more today. My neighbour who works at Black & Decker gave me the whipper-snipper she bought for me last week. It's cordless and pretty light. I can hardly wait to try it out. (I wonder if it would do my legs.)

Hug any fathers you happen to run across today.

Old 06-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #13  

Little Chick, I also love that the clothes are grouped according to colour. I avoid the pink and turquoise sections. shudder. Not a good look on me.

Jenn... I don't know about the alcohol. Does anyone else know?

Karen, I'm sorry you couldn't make it to the flea market. I hope you had fun with your Mom anyhow.

It was SO cool last night! I mean the weather.
I'm going to pick up some lunch to take to Mom and Dad's. I'm meeting my sister there. I got Dad a nice little ghetto blaster. It'll be good for when he's bed-ridden later on. Pretty damned hard to shop for a dying Dad.
I've got to get the children up... they're going to make breakfast for DH. I want to be out of the kitchen when they're cooking.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...
Old 06-20-2004, 07:50 AM   #14  

Ruth, I've got a chainsaw if you need it...
Old 06-20-2004, 08:27 AM   #15  

Morning Ruth and Ellis! Good morning to everyone else out there as well.

Got my java brewing and everyone else is sleeping- I love these mornings when I have some time to myself.

Plans for DH today include a stop at Starbucks, lunch at this place called the Wing Stop, and that event at the baseball field. I got my daughter this t-shirt at Old Navy that says "I Love My Daddy"- she is so psyched to wear it today. Should be a fun day!

I made the Mexican Lasagna last night and it was good! I will post the recipe later on.

I need to go check the Texas Lottery- the jackpot was 145 million last night! If I win personal trainers and chefs for everyone!
Closed Thread