South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #1  

Default Back to Phase One and DH is joining me :D

Anyone else have DH on the band wagon? I could not be more thrilled that my husband will be starting this with me. He has about 50 lbs to lose. I cannot wait to see how he does. I worry about his health a lot. Anyways I haven't been following plan for about 3 wks so I need to get my chubby butt back on the wagon and start exercising again. Wish me luck!! I am feeling so much more motivated now that he is joining me.

We have a July 4th get away planned and I hope to drop at least 5 by then if not more. I am just no sure how things will go on Phase 1 this time. My first time I lost 10lbs.

Thank for any motivating advice that you can give.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #2  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace150
Anyone else have DH on the band wagon? I could not be more thrilled that my husband will be starting this with me.
You are so lucky, Grace! My boyfriend is highly supportive, but he's not interested in trying it... even though we both gained about 35lbs. since last summer. (The reason I'm on here now.) I really wish he would -- I'm concerned about his health, too, especially since my Dad had a heart attack a month ago and is slowly recovering. It has made me really wake up and take notice of the health of the people around me.

I hope to get my Mom on the train in August, but it'll take a LOT of convincing.

As for motivating advice... everyone is SO good about answering questions, just throw 'em up here and people will respond in droves!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:21 PM   #3  

Funny how the men we love (or even the ones that we don't) are such a factor in our inspiration. My roommates (three boys) are so supportive, gladly eating everything I bake so that I do not. More pertinent, my recent ex was hung up on his ex-wife....too many issues for me to even write about. But when I learned she was 5'8", as athletic as I am, and wore a size 1/2- I'd had enough. I started loosing weight for me, but thinking it would make him love me more. Well, that didn't work, but at least I'm a wee bit smaller. Hoping to return to my hometown looking more fabulous than ever and showing him what he lost.

Thanks for letting me vent chickies.

~Shannon
Old 06-16-2004, 02:24 PM   #4  

Your stats are great and I am glad that you are losing weight for YOU now!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yup, losing weight for me is the only thing that has really stuck! I tried losing weight for my mom, for my doctor, for my wedding...but nothing has motivated me like getting ready to have the baby that I so desperately want. I need to stay healthy to be the kind of mom I want to be....so this is a big life change. VTProp, sounds like your ex has major issues...you deserve so much better, girl! I'm sure he's missing out no matter what size you are!

Kim, I wish you luck on getting your boyfriend to eat more healthy. Perhaps you can help him find a WOE that he likes if SBD isn't his style. And maybe, just by being with you and your healthy habits, he'll pick up a few of his own! :

Men seem to be able to lose the weight faster than we women can, sometimes. My DH joined me, but he lost all of his weight (10 extra pounds since high school...*sigh*) in the first week. He's been on Phase III since. He keeps telling me that he can see his intestines poking out because he's so thin. Poor baby! Truly, he is fine. A bit underweight in some places, a bit over in others...what scares me is that though the belly is little, all his extra weight is in his belly...just like Dr. A says indicates bad blood chemistry. I hope he's going to be okay!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #6  

Thank you all for your support. I have only been a member of this board for a few days but it's been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It is quite annoying when my boy roommates, all younger than me, sit around eating hot pockets and sugar cereals. But I know all of this work will pay off. I'm hoping to get my Dad on it as I gripe at him when I see him slather everything with butter or mayonaise. Yuck! Have a great night chickies!
Old 06-16-2004, 06:13 PM   #7  

I have a small group of girlfriends that are all doing various diet plans so we are all supporting each other which is really great. One is doing Xenical (too big to really start exercising yet), one doing weight watchers, another about to start weight watchers seeing as we are all losing weight, another doing Atkins, and me doing South Beach. We have had the occasional weight watchers pot luck dinners or BBQ's (I just leave the bread alone) and we all keep our fridge stocked with diet drinks and skim milk for hot drinks so visiting is easy. It is interesting to see that those on ww have stalled. I emailed the wendy something around them all and they have found it works. One went to a dietician and was told to change her meals slightly to give her more energy and better weight loss. Interestingly the plan she got was very similar to SB Diet.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #8  

My DH & I have been doing SouthBeach together since the beginning of April. He cheats more that I do but he also works out like a maniac (he's a tennis player) so our weight loss has been about the same.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
My DH & I have been doing SouthBeach together since the beginning of April. He cheats more that I do but he also works out like a maniac (he's a tennis player) so our weight loss has been about the same.
That must make food shopping and cooking so much easier. It is so hard preparing regular meals in addition to SB meals.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #10  

My husband and I also have been doing SB together. We starte April 6. It does make it alot easier with shopping and cooking. In fact my children are eating SB meals and they enjoy them.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My DH and I started SB together Jan. 26. It is a lot easier to shop and cook since we're both eating the same things. At the beginning we cleaned out our pantry, freezer and refrigerator of anything that wasn't OP, and gave it away. All our kids are married and living on their own, so there's just the two of us. And when people come to visit, they eat what we eat. (But we do keep a few "goodies" around for the grandkids, after all, that's what grandparents do!)
Old 06-18-2004, 11:17 AM   #12  

Grace, my DH came prancing into the bedroom last night to smugly announce: "Back at 214!" (He's 6'3", so that's great!) Gotta love those SB Boys!
Old 06-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #13  

Natter~ that is what my husband should be but he has a long way to go. I am really hoping he sticks with it.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #14  

My DH started SBD with me a month ago, but isn't following it closely right now. The thing is that I REFUSE to cook differently for the two of us, and he would never expect it either. The only modification I have made is that I will make some type of starch with dinner, but that is more for DD. I always vowed that I would not run a short order kitchen, even for a child, and I really don't.

What stinks is that he lost a quick 10 pounds, that he is pretty much maintaining, and I am just getting to a 10 pound loss!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

My hubby's not on south beach but did just about the same plan last year on his own and did great. He lost about 40 lbs and still has it off.

I have been on SBD since Feb and I am gonna go back to phase I this week. I have been off plan for about two weeks and I too need to get my big chubby butt back on the wagon!
Closed Thread