View Poll Results: Which Fast Food Salad Do You Like Best??
McDondals 3 15.79%
Burger King 1 5.26%
Wendys 9 47.37%
Arbys 0 0%
Long John Silvers 0 0%
Taco Bell 2 10.53%
Other 2 10.53%
I havnt tried any fast food salads 3 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Question Which Fast Food Salad Do You Like Best??

I really like McD's salads with grilled chicken, shaved parmasan, carrots, and balsamic vinnegrette. I havent tried any of Wendys , although Ive heard that the spinich salad is excellent. Whats your favorite?

Last edited by Ivanna B. Skinny; 06-14-2004 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE the Burger King Fire Grilled Garden Chicken Salads. I have them at least 3 times a week for lunch. With FF Ranch dressing they are only 250 calories!!

Mc Donalds are good too. The only thing about Wendys is that their calorie content seems high for a salad..

I am just Thrilled that these fast food resturaunts are finally getting on the band wagon!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #3  

I voted other because I like my Panera Bread salads. They have a few types, and the Asian chicken is pretty reasonable (especially if you omit the wontons, which I don't like anyway). Most of the salads seem to drive up their calorie counts in eiter croutons/wontons, or dressing, and you can omit and substitute to make them more reasonable. Though I still also eat chicken ceasar salads with the dressing.

My second favorite salads are at Wendy's. I love the spring mix, though usually if I'm getting just a plain old salad like that I get it at a grocery store for a bit cheaper. But it's a good choice if nothing is around.

I used to love the McDonal's garden salad shaker with their 35 calorie dressing packet. Boy, I probably ate those 4 or 5 times a week! Alas, they've been replaced. *sniff*

I'm going to have to try the BK salads now that they've been suggested. There's a BK near my house that I only found after living here about 9 months, heh.
Scuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  

subways has an awesome salad. the club salad. very large and if you use your own light dressing you can really keep it down in calories and everything. mcdonalds is my second choice.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Living out in the middle of Oklahoma I have mcdonald's and subway around here. If I want a salad I usually just buy the stuff and make it myself here at work. Much cheaper and just as good tasting. I have a george foreman grill for the chicken.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:11 AM   #6  

oh my, all your descriptions are making me jealous.....I'm not sure we have such things here in the UK....maybe mcdonalds? I've never really eaten fast food, but its good to know that there might be a healthy option if I need one!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

well, wendy's is winning so i'll tell you why i voted for them: i LOVE thier taco supremo salad. i don't let them give me the chips, and i don't put the sour cream on. most of the time i don't even use the salsa they give you as dressing because the chili on top is dressing enough. it fits very well with the south beach plan.

i wasn't the biggest fan of the mcdonald's salads. only tried it once. and subway's were even more dissapointing. not fresh enough.

and i looked up the calories for jack and the box's salads and have decided to stay far away! the greek salad is something like 700 calories! yikes! bet it is tasty though.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:36 PM   #8  

I tried a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds. Hated it!! The chicken was so loaded with sodium it was awful. On top of that, the only low cal dressing they had was the balsamic dressing and that was way, way to salty for my taste also. Later in the evening I blew up like a cow with water retention. I won't have one there again. I have not tried salads from anywhere else. I figure I can make a huge salad at home for half the price of buying one.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:18 PM   #9  

I'm with Holly. That taco salad is my fave and I just had one last night. I don't eat the tacos, sour cream or usually the salsa either. Since dh usually picks mine up and brings it home, I often have a stash of chips and salsa in case someone is here for a bit.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:15 AM   #10  

Wendy's Taco Salad without the sour cream or chips is my favorite. I also like the Subway's roast chicken breast salad - the one in our community is also super fresh and made to order which is nice. McDonalds is my very least favorite - always old and stale, yik. The best, my own spinach and strawberry with roast chicken mmm.

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #11  

ohhhh Jenaya... That sounds awesome... Spinich and strawberry with roast chicken... Im gonna have to try that out.. What type of dressing do you use if any on that?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #12  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

I really love taco salads, so I tried Micky D's and there fiesta salad was pretty good. And I like Taco Bells salads too.
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #13  

Okay. Tried the BK salad, a garden supreme with fire-grilled chicken. It was pretty good, nice and fresh, and I love that the chicken was actually served warm in a pouch that you added to the salad. I had the sweet onion dressing and included the little croutons so it was fairly high calorie (though worked great into my day, I like salads with lots of stuff on it as a meal). The downside was the sodium. I looked on the site and my god, I think it had all the sodium you were supposed to eat in a day, practically!

Next on my list to try is Wendy's taco supremo salad. I love salads, and I think it's great that fast food places are starting to get with the program and offer decent ones for a change. I remember 10 years ago salads were pathetic at these places.
Scuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:42 AM   #14  
Searching

I am with ya'll on the Wendy's Taco salad minus chips, sour cream, and salsa. Its a complete meal- complex carbs, protein, and veggies.

I also love the salad from the greek place its called the Athenian and has that same quality- complex carbs from a whole wheat pita, I measure out 4 oz. of lamb meat they put on top, and 2 cups of their veggies (yum cumbers and tomatoes with a bit of feta).

I think Mc Donald's sucks too, I don't know where they get their chicken from but its not a farm.

IMHO,
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #15  

I usually do the FF Ranch and don't eat the garlic croutons.. It brings the total down to 250 cal.. eeewww I never checked the sodium... I should start doing that more. Does sodium make you retain water.. I know sodium isn't good for you but I don't really know all the reasons.. Anyone have any info?