Old 06-14-2004, 12:12 AM   #1  

Default Gastric pacemaker

Hi

I am new here and like what I have read so far. I need all the help I can get and it looks like alot of you guys have become really good friends. I have been doing some reading on the gastric pacemaker, does anyone know anything about this. I know they are recruiting people to do a study in Chicago. That is my original home town, unfortunately I now live 600 miles from there. I am looking for a study in Alabama or Tennessee, does anyone know how I would find out where?

Thanks
sam2662
sam2662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

I dont know of any studies, but welcome to our forum!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I've never heard of a gastric pacemaker... sounds interesting
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

What is a gastric pacemaker? Sounds interesting! Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #5  

it is a small device they put on your stomach, similar to a heart pacemaker with 2 wires and it is a less invasive surgery than gastric bypass. Anyway it is suppose to make you feel full, they have tried it on 450 people and have been successful with no major complications and no deaths. I have read alot about it, unfortunately I haven't been able to find any studies close to where I live.

What have you guys done to be successful on your weight loss? I have tried everything and will lose a little and then here we go again. I am very frustrated right now and need help.

Thanks
Gwen
sam2662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm just watching my portion sizes, journalling every bite that goes into my mouth and trying to stay within 17-1900 calories a day this week. I'm also doing some type of cardio exercise at least 3-5x a week. I was doing weight training and haven't been able to get back into it.

I think the first thing is you need to tell yourself that you can succeed and you will succeed and that you can do this. It will take a while and will be something you have to do forever. You have to be able to forgive yourself when you don't eat on plan or get your exercise in yet at the same time make yourself accountable and get right back on track.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:19 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

the original US studies failed, despite some decent success in europe. the newer clinical trials seem to be based in boston, but there's also a clinical trial being run out of the university of miami. i didn't find too much on the internet yesterday, and i really don't have time to look... unfortunately.

you MIGHT have some luck searching www.clinicaltrials.com or www.clinicaltrials.gov or www.centerwatch.com

or the FDA's medical device division... www.FDA.gov

i'll look when i get more time, but it probably won't be until at least next week.

good luck!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote